test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "once in a while"... ever coming Betazed's petition.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Well this recurrs every 2 months or so... but then again it's needed.
Please dear Developers make Betazed more then a dot just outside of Alpha Trianguli, it's a needed social area.

**Self - signs the Petition**

And every Betazoid and also Roleplayers around STO should do the same! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'd certainly like to see Betazed become a social area of some sort. It's the only core Federation world we haven't gotten a glimpse of.
    edited August 2010
    I'd like to request that as well. They have shown the planet in the series. You'll have images to draw from. Please add this zone for the Betazoid players in game.

Add Bajor while you're at it.
    edited August 2010
    So why not start here? I'd love to see betazed added to the list of places to visit. :^)
    edited August 2010
    Betazed Ground Zone please!

/signed
    edited August 2010
    + 1
    edited August 2010
    ~~ signed ~~
    edited August 2010
    Signing it for Woodhouse as atm his subscription is not active.
    edited August 2010
    /signed!

Though, can we have traditional Betazoid marriages? xD
    edited August 2010
    Signing it for STO_Risa as she doesn't have an active subscription at the moment.
    edited August 2010
    Consider this Signed :)
    edited August 2010
    Consider this not signed by me.

As stahl stated in an earlier engineering report (linkie dinkie), betazed would become a social planet but the ones we have need to be fleshed out first (so we have stuff to do would be nice ^^).

So.. yeah no, until that's done I don't think we need another empty nothing to do map (ie risa)
    edited August 2010
    Askray wrote: »
    Consider this not signed by me.

As stahl stated in an earlier engineering report (linkie dinkie), betazed would become a social planet but the ones we have need to be fleshed out first (so we have stuff to do would be nice ^^).

So.. yeah no, until that's done I don't think we need another empty nothing to do map (ie risa)

We're here to politely remind the devs, because the social aspect is not really mandatory expecially for us roleplayers. And at the moment on that side we're a bit chained by "how the game works" and that actual areas are a bit "claustrophobic" :).
    edited August 2010
    Also not a fan of this idea, there's far, far too much other stuff I want to see in terms of social/roleplay developments before they spend time on Betazed.

Earth (more than one area), Luna, more to Vulcan, Tellar, Risa needs fixing, Ferenginar.

Then Bajor. More Cardassia.

/Then/ maybe Betazed.
    edited August 2010
    If the klingons can invade betazed i'm for it.
    edited August 2010
    It would be nice for the NPCs on Betazed to say things about you that only you'd know. (Based on your mission log.) Things like - "Glad to see you survived the Borg onslaught in system x." I think it'd be a nice touch.
    edited August 2010
    Can I then acquaint their knowing little smiles with the rear end of my mk XI phaser rifle and, in the proud tradition of the Federation starfleet, teach another alien civilization a valuable life lesson? (Stay out of the blue guy's head.)

Okay, so I'm not entirely impartial (I'm not fond of Betazoid, aka Mk II Terrans, and as a primarily Andorian player I'm biased to getting Andoria to become more than some space-stereotype Canada. You're from Canada? Must be cold! What's moose taste like?) but I have to agree with those who feel the existing zones should be fleshed-out and made at least semi-functional first. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't object to it being the next zone on the list after that, though.
    edited August 2010
    Mark_Arac wrote:
    Also not a fan of this idea, there's far, far too much other stuff I want to see in terms of social/roleplay developments before they spend time on Betazed.

Earth (more than one area), Luna, more to Vulcan, Tellar, Risa needs fixing, Ferenginar.

Then Bajor. More Cardassia.

/Then/ maybe Betazed.

Not to be rude to you or anyone else sounding illiberal... but to avoid making this thread the **usual flaming petition thread**, shall we do the "I do agree I sign it, I don't agree I don't sign it" thing. ;)

I think that myself I involutarily started this by commenting back Askray's post.

Thank you.
    edited August 2010
    I'm certainly open to the idea of my main character's homeworld being added in.

But unfortunately just calling this thread a 'petition' pretty doomed this appeal to failure. It's against the forum rules - the moderators and Devs aren't interested in reading /signed from multiple people. Those aren't conversation or a good enough exchange of views and opinion.
    edited August 2010
    Zoberraz wrote: »
    I'm certainly open to the idea of my main character's homeworld being added in.

But unfortunately just calling this thread a 'petition' pretty doomed this appeal to failure. It's against the forum rules - the moderators and Devs aren't interested in reading /signed from multiple people. Those aren't conversation or a good enough exchange of views and opinion.

I'm not sure how things work now but quoting cryptic'ers some months ago (*coughs* Rekhan and Falkoren on IRC for instance *coughs*) this should've been the way to get it done. Politely expose one idea and have people back it up (and some of the wordings at the time was even "sign it up"). I also checked the sticked forum rules before and I seen nothing "evident" and for it... I mean written... against petitions.

My plea is just to not make this the usual Troll-fest and avoid arguments and fights because of it, if not enough people "signes" it up, then it means it'll have failed anyways.
    edited August 2010
    /signed /10char
    edited August 2010
    Make everything useful. In before the lock.
  • stormrchandlerstormrchandler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well this recurrs every 2 months or so... but then again it's needed.
    Please dear Developers make Betazed more then a dot just outside of Alpha Trianguli, it's a needed social area.

**Self - signs the Petition**

And every Betazoid and also Roleplayers around STO should do the same! :)

Agreed . Very major cannon planet ..It should be added
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dont rez old threads. if your gonna start a discussion about something like this, then create a new thread.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Agreed . Very major cannon planet ..It should be added

Oh look, a bored necromancer digging 4-year-old thread corpses out of their graves. And I don't recall anything about Betazed being related to cannons, did they have a secret phaser cannon factory or something?

Bad necromancer. Go sit in the corner, necromancer.

(Of course, how did a "petition" thread ever survive to begin with? :confused: )
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Necrothread is OP Mods Plz Nerf
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hope you are kidding. There are A LOT more zones more important than Betazed that need a re-vamp or people in em. Betazed is almost in the end of the list.
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    just what we need them to spend developer resources on - another "social" zone that no-one except a few RPers will ever visit. - please dev's do not waste your time on such nonsense!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This thread is an ancient artifact (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it must now be put in the thread museum where it can be forgotten by everyone except thread archaeologists.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies or has been inactive for over 30 days before someone replied to it just report it and avoid posting in it.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to post in an existing active topic or to start a new thread on the topic if there are no active topics already.

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.