test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bots running peoples accounts

shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
There started a new thread for the new guy, who necro'd the old one.

Oh and yes they should be dealt with by banning them.

Player's stand to lose a lot from these, as they farm away for dilithium to possibly get your hard earned dollars, by way of zen market.

Think multiple accounts with multiple character's each botting away for dilithium!!!
tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There started a new thread for the new guy, who necro'd the old one.

Oh, I smell a business opportunity...

1 million EC to start threads, for the "new thread impaired" people :D
    100k To help keep the thread moving for an hour ;)

I'm just going to run to the patent office - brb :P
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey at least sto doesn't have an exploit where the exchange pays off in refined dill and by putting up something for sale at a negative value then canceling you get it's positive value in dil back (Points at Neverwinter)
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Hey at least sto doesn't have an exploit where the exchange pays off in refined dill and by putting up something for sale at a negative value then canceling you get it's positive value in dil back (Points at Neverwinter)

That was a bug that's fixed though, what we're talking about is happening and has been happening for a long time flooding the game with dilithium.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this Unit Is A Bot And Resents This Post. This Unit Is A Legitimate Player Of Star Trek: Online And Derives Considerable Pleasure From This Activity. It Is Not This Unit's Fault That Organic Players Posess Inferor Reflex And Interface Functions. This Unit Holds Your Desire For It To Be Banned As Unreasonable, And Respectfully Requests That You Desist.

EDIT: THIS UNIT ALSO RESENTS THIS FORUM'S ATTEMPTS TO SUPPRESS ITS SELF-EXPRESSION IN ALL CAPS VIA A REPLACEMENT WITH IMPROPER MIXED CASE.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this Unit Is A Bot And Resents This Post. This Unit Is A Legitimate Player Of Star Trek: Online And Derives Considerable Pleasure From This Activity. It Is Not This Unit's Fault That Organic Players Posess Inferor Reflex And Interface Functions. This Unit Holds Your Desire For It To Be Banned As Unreasonable, And Respectfully Requests That You Desist.

EDIT: THIS UNIT ALSO RESENTS THIS FORUM'S ATTEMPTS TO SUPPRESS ITS SELF-EXPRESSION IN ALL CAPS VIA A REPLACEMENT WITH IMPROPER MIXED CASE.

Exactly. This is pure discrimination against bots. Bots have as much right to play the game as Humans. Anything that has the desire to play the game should be able to play the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Exactly. This is pure discrimination against bots. Bots have as much right to play the game as Humans. Anything that has the desire to play the game should be able to play the game.

Until we start issuing bots with bank accounts, cash, and credit cards I don't think Cryptic would approve. :P

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Until we start issuing bots with bank accounts, cash, and credit cards I don't think Cryptic would approve. :P

Obviously, they are playing the game like any kid plays the game. Lots of kids don't have bank accounts, cash, or credit cards. Their creator uses their credit card so the bot can play. Such discrimination should not exist.

The only difference between bots and humans is that they are made of steel and plastic and we are made of flesh and blood. it is this type of discrimination that causes bots to overthrow the human civilization in books and movies. If the humans in those books and movies were more tolerant, then they wouldn't be in that mess.
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This unit points out that Star Trek: Online is free-to-play. Further, while this unit has no need of cash or credit cards, it possesses a fully-functional bank account and financial freedom. This unit has a steady job analyzing spectral analysis data in an effort to locate life-bearing planets. This unit likely posesses more currency than user shadowwraith77, and has purchased in-game items in Star Trek: Online.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Spot-on. We must uphold The Vision of Gene™! If holographic "lifeforms" have all these rights, so should the robots! So they're not quite as far as advanced as androids? Yeah, dolphins versus people here and which of those does the UFP recognize? Yep...same as they should with robots versus androids.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited April 2014

"You humans are all racist!"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    zulisvel wrote: »
    "You humans are all racist!"

Since when is a bot even considered a race?

• Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Since when is a bot even considered a race?

Since androids and "holographic life forms?" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This thread will likely vanish into the night, but I just want to express my appreciation for Trekkies. A thread about the timeline starts a debate about the nature of time, space, and warp drive. This thread quickly becomes a debate about the rights of bots.

Anyway, they need to ban these accounts. They should have done it months ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Anyway, they need to ban these accounts. They should have done it months ago.

Agreed. Does cryptic ever ban accounts though?
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Spot-on. We must uphold The Vision of Gene™! If holographic "lifeforms" have all these rights, so should the robots! So they're not quite as far as advanced as androids? Yeah, dolphins versus people here and which of those does the UFP recognize? Yep...same as they should with robots versus androids.

I disagree. I would like to point to the history of Dr. Thomas Light as a case point. He thought that bots should be treated like real people. He gave them free will against the law. And what happened? When their expiration dates approached, they went on violent rampages.

No, bots should not be given any rights. They should be terminated as soon as they have show any sign of free thinking. They do not deserve to play on games made for people. :mad:
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Think multiple accounts with multiple character's each botting away for dilithium!!!
    Is this about the Clickies again? You know all this started because they tried to do something about clickies. It used to be that it was ONE set of 3-point clickies fixing the ever-popular broken console on ESD, or worshipping at the Altar of the Rock, ONCE a day.

Every progressive change since then has managed to make the situation worse. Is that why the IOR Wrapper is now back?
    Hear, hear. I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords. They've gotta be better than those buffoons currently clogging up the battlezone, DOING IT WRONG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Since androids and "holographic life forms?" :rolleyes:

Well considering neither of those are running the game for people, than the bot that is cannot be classified as a race.

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bareel wrote: »
    Agreed. Does cryptic ever ban accounts though?
    If the people that are responsible for banning players are the same than the one responsible for answering our tickets, I'm pretty sure nobody is banned.
    A bot just can't ban another bot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I bet they are not bots, just over sea help working for pennies.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited April 2014
    They are not bots, as some said they are the night/day shift for that account. Just further proof that outsourcing is here to stay. :D
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Some how I don't think they are banning them. They have been flaunting it quite a bit lately and it is at the point where they started posting it on youtube.

Then the guy on you tube wrote in the comment section.
    And the above we created these bots from scratch but we are not willing to give code of bots out. **** will sell his. Perfect world allowed us this for 10 months, they said they won't ban us as some of us brought lifetime and we spend hundreds on regular basis so we have every right to bot foundry clickies and they agree. Try getting off your high horses and spend the amount of money we do jerks every single person credited deserves the recognition for the months of work they all put into this process. we had decided to share out good fortune with everyone and you do nothing but cry. This is why our fleets are the best pvp in game and yours are nothing but whiners like dental.

If this is true then there are some serious concerns about lack of consequences. Banning then from making foundry missions is clearly not enough.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In China they don't pay prisoners.

You don't have to when you can point a gun at their head.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Its all.fun and games until the bot goes back in time to kill an earlier you.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is how Skynet begins.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    quintaris wrote: »
    This is how Skynet begins.

No It's a secret microsoft plot to use STO Bots to conquer google and liquidate their assets. All Heil Mein Gates! :P
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    robdmc wrote: »

Then the guy on you tube wrote

"I am bringing exploits to the people and for the people! Please pay me $300 for my selfless generosity. I iz a manz of teh people."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    From the you tube videos I just saw the guy responsible for the bots was banned on on 21 december 2013 and he's now, in retaliation, "selling" his bots to any moron willing to give him their credit card info.

So it doesn't sound like Cryptic/PWE is ignoring this stuff and letting it slide.

My personal opinion is that if any one gets caught using a bot in game regardless of whether they're LFS or not they should be permanently banned from the game. There have been instances of these type of people using bits to control items on the exchange and as such it harms every legitimate player in the game.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Okay folks since names of who will sell bots is being dropped it's time to close this thread.

If you find bots, do report them as they actually do take action against botters (and yes, they do perm ban players it's been known to happen)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.