What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to assign DOffs?

turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
Okay... This is odd.

I've started getting fly-in/chat messages that read the following:

"[LoadoutItemsMission] Unable to equip some items from the loadout."

and

"[LouadoutOwnerItemsMission] Unable to assign some duty officers to the active roster."

The thing is, I didn't start getting these messages until earlier tonight when I Crit'd "Holodeck Performance of Hamlet" and got the Purple "William Shakespeare" Quartermaster DOff... Could someone explain what's going on here, please? Because there's been no changes to any loadouts or my active DOff rosters between before and after I got Shakespeare to be causing these messages...

---

Additional: And it only seems to do it when loading a ground map - even my own ship interior/bridge...
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Okay... This is odd.

I've started getting fly-in/chat messages that read the following:

"[LoadoutItemsMission] Unable to equip some items from the loadout."

and

"[LouadoutOwnerItemsMission] Unable to assign some duty officers to the active roster."

The thing is, I didn't start getting these messages until earlier tonight when I Crit'd "Holodeck Performance of Hamlet" and got the Purple "William Shakespeare" Quartermaster DOff... Could someone explain what's going on here, please? Because there's been no changes to any loadouts or my active DOff rosters between before and after I got Shakespeare to be causing these messages...

---

Additional: And it only seems to do it when loading a ground map - even my own ship interior/bridge...

If you have 100 Doff capacity; and you have 100 Doffs, you WON'T be able to swap doffs in your loadout you have to have one Doff slot empty/open. (In the above example of 100 Doff slots on hour ship you can only have 99 filled.)

IMO - It's sloppy design work on Cryptics patrt that you HAVE to maintain at least one unused/open doff unit to have the loadout system auto-swap Doffs; but, hey that's Cryptic for you.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Best guess is that the Shakespeare doff wedged itself into your ground or space map causing a conflict, as you can only have one equipped

Or you lost a doff and the Shakespeare doff is trying to get in there as well as another quatermaster doff.

I didn't write the code, but a quick resaving could fix the issue
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    crypticarmsman - I'm not trying to swap DOffs, I was just collecting a new one and filling an empty slot in my 'available' roster, that's part of the reason it's confusing, I'm not trying to swap Doffs, I'm not wanting to swap doffs, so the message makes no sense as to why I'm getting it.

dahminus - resave, how?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited April 2014
    Got it - had a full DOff roster, and for some flippin' reason - without being told to - the game was trying to 'unequip' my Gravimetric Scientist Space DOFF, causing the problem. I deleted a random white DOff, zoned and it removed my Gravy-DOff, revealing what the problem was so I could fix it...

Now if I just knew why the devil it was doing that in the first blasted place since there's no way I'd want to remove that DOff from active duty on my science vessel...
    edited April 2014
    Strike that - it's still wanting to un-equip my Gravy-Sci DOff AND reset my Active Roster (because I know I replaced that Green Projec-Weap DOff with a Blue since I just did it a few minutes ago and yet it changed it back to the green and unequipped my Purple Gravy-Sci DOff at the same time.

Additional:

Okay, this problem is getting out of hand. See this? This is the hand. See that way over there, somewhere in the next quadrant? Well, that's the FLIPPIN' PROBLEM!

It did it AGAIN. Literally SECONDS after I had redone my DOff after the last time!

I can let slide inaccessable exploration clusters and unusable costume slots, those are 'additionals'... but this, this is affecting my gameplay since I use those Projectile Weapons and Gravimetric Scienctist DOffs as part of my combat strategies, this is not something that can just be brushed off like that.
  • vallden1vallden1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am having the same problem with one of my characters. Beam down, "Unable to equip some items from the loadout." Then, "Unable to assign some duty officers to the active roster." When my roster changes all my Doffs are removed but one. I tried to delete the remaining Doff, but it did not work. I have an additional problem. When I beam up or down, all my Bridge Officer powers are removed or rearranged in the tray. Only have this with one character. Only happens when beaming down and up.

Anyone know of an official response to this or a post to add my name to the problem?
    This is very disheartening.
  • diri3025diri3025 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got the same problem only 4 active space doff 5th after map change not active

Dirian
  • buxyboybuxyboy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've got a similar problem, I guess it started after the start of season 9. Suddenly whenever I move between maps or beam up/down I get the same error message as described above : unable to assign some duty officers to the active roster.
    I have only 3 duty officers on active space duty left, even if I remove them all, log out and exit STO completely the next time I sign in, they are there again. So it's not only the problem of having only three iso five. It's also the problem that it is impossible to exchange them at all. This is definitely a dev problem, I reported it as a bug but I am unable to take a screenshot of the actual error message as it happens to quickly. It took me several days to find out that I was actually missing some abilities in space combat.

I have no problem with active ground duty, I tried to change that roster and this was no problem.

Walter
  • lindleya1lindleya1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, I've been having the same problem too. It's unequipping 2 of my projectile weapons doffs and my gravimetric scientist, and re-equipping my other projectile weapons doff (the shield power one that I don't want) and a tractor beam scientist. Happens every time I change map, leaving me with only 4 active space Doffs, 2 of which I don't want.

Don't suppose anyone's seen anything to fix this yet?

Adam
  • lindleya1lindleya1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Found this thread which had a solution: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1097371

Make the Doffs you want active (in space), save the loadout, and then load the loadout you've just saved. Seems to fix the problem :D

Adam