test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Karate Style

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
Ok this is a nice thing I had 4 tacticals as a bridge officer, but because weapons were so expensive at the exchange I couldn't afford them.

So I started to do the missions in hand to hand combat, And I can tell you the BOFF's were working pretty fast, A few kicks, hits and whatever they nailed prety much faster than they would have done with guns....

So who need Weapons ?? :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Ok this is a nice thing I had 4 tacticals as a bridge officer, but because weapons were so expensive at the exchange I couldn't afford them.

So I started to do the missions in hand to hand combat, And I can tell you the BOFF's were working pretty fast, A few kicks, hits and whatever they nailed prety much faster than they would have done with guns....

So who need Weapons ?? :P

No one. Melee is great. It is better if you Tacts, and Species with Physical Attack-Up Traits like Vulcans and Androids.

For extra fun, the Tholian Rep has a Jedi Set: lightsaber, armor with low defense but high dodge, and the Force Sight ability.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cryptic was going to add in the ultra devastating double karate chop, but removed it when the Gorn players complained of getting one shotted.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It usually worked in the shows. How many physically-stronger aliens did the various captains beat down over the years? (Archer excluded of course)
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh my that yellow and pink...... @_@
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jslyn wrote: »
    For extra fun, the Tholian Rep has a Jedi Set: lightsaber, armor with low defense but high dodge, and the Force Sight ability.

You forgot one thing. Same sword is actually a pistol sword. Make it take a charge and mash the sword pummel and the sword will discharge whatever energy's left. If the target's health is low enough, you'll get a nice execution animation of the poor sap being vapourized. Only one catch: it has to be from an energy weapon and doesn't include environmental (ie: fire, cold, toxic, eletrical, etc.) or proton attacks.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    4 tac boffs you say? Who needs guns or melee weapons when you can unleash a barrage of photon grenades says I.:cool:

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!!:D
    Grenades? Rubbish! MINES man, mines are where it's at. Devastating in a players hands, but imagine what happens with 5 of you laying down barriers.

5 Engineers. Using melee and laying down barriers. Hilarity ensues :D
  • Options
    ledgend1221ledgend1221 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gentlemen, have you ever seen the glory of 10 quantam mortars?
    It is beautiful.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    One of my old friends was in a Gorn only fleet, and they all beamed down to Defera. However, the game glitched and they wound up with all of their away teams.

There are few things in this world as beautiful as an army of 40+ Gorn all working in unison.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I melee/kick everything... elite, normal.. who cares. Everything falls. :D
    Makes gorund combat super funny for me too. Guns are boring. :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    edited April 2014
    a3001 wrote: »
    You forgot one thing. Same sword is actually a pistol sword. Make it take a charge and mash the sword pummel and the sword will discharge whatever energy's left. If the target's health is low enough, you'll get a nice execution animation of the poor sap being vapourized. Only one catch: it has to be from an energy weapon and doesn't include environmental (ie: fire, cold, toxic, eletrical, etc.) or proton attacks.

Really? I didn't know that it could do that. I'll have to try that.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah have to try it without weapons just bare hands lockdown tools from the boffs even then they win.... The Battle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I prefer batleths... especially the nanopulse kind. Tholian swords are a close second though. I might have to try unarmed.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I prefer batleths... especially the nanopulse kind. Tholian swords are a close second though. I might have to try unarmed.

Weapons are stronger, but the Unarmed is quicker and has a lot more combos. I do like the Tholian Sword, but Unarmed is more fun, in my opinion.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Turrets, Turrets is where its at. 5 engieers all laying down turrets with the right duty officer slotted and its all over but the crying. If it procs everytime you got 15 turrets cutting down your enemy and you dont have to wait for someone to walk over them like mines.
  • Options
    kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited April 2014
    You haven't lived until you've busted out Brazilian jiu jitsu on a T'Rex in the voth battlezone.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    kolbrandr wrote: »
    You haven't lived until you've busted out Brazilian jiu jitsu on a T'Rex in the voth battlezone.

Men my neighbor tried that, to facepalm a T'Rex he lost his hand sinds .....:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]