test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Green weapons everywhere...

lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
...so one or more of the VFX artists must have a green fetish.

I demand to know who they are! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ajax1983ajax1983 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's pretty sad actually. I switched to fleet phasers a few months ago for the more "Star Trek" feel of them and was excited that they were getting some attention in the new season. But I'm not going to grind for a month and a half and pay x dilithium for green phasers.

I'll get to tier 2 for the console and torp and be done.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wait, do you mean the rep phaser turret is green? :/

It's no issue on my disruptor using KDF, but I won't use green phasers. If that's the case it's a rep to pass on since I also really dislike fighting 8472, their visuals are just annoyingly boring.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ajax1983ajax1983 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you wanted a more star trek feel you'd be using blue phasers.

I'd accept blue phasers. I like the retro phasers too. If they'd made these blue I'd buy them as long as they differentiated them from tetryon.
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe it's all so much green, because PW are raking in so much green from lock box keys, they want too show they can shoot it out from our ships.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not everything, the transphasic clusters are BLUE now. :(
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Some people use rom weapons because they finished the rom rep and that's what they currently have. A month from now some people well be using fed weapons because they finished the undine rep. 6 months from now when a new rep system was added we'll get new weapons to earn.
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are the Kumari Phasers the same hue as the retros?
    HzLLhLB.gif

• aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [sarcasm]And it's not simply "green weapons," I love the way every single ground weapon handed out in the reward packs for working on Undie rep is identical. Phaser, disruptor, split beam, high density beam, pulsewave, sniper, it doesn't matter- same model, same green when fired.[/sarcasm]

Please tell me this was a case of "not ready for launch but we're working on it," and not just flat-out lazy "that's all we're going to bother with."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    Are the Kumari Phasers the same hue as the retros?
    Similar, but they lack the "skreee" noise.

Oh and Green is pretty. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Whaaaa they made the new phasers GREEN?! you've got to be kidding me! As if there weren't enough fed ships using green beams already! If I wanted more green that looked nothing like the canon fed weapons I'd just use the far superior disruptors/plasma/romulan plasma. I was kind of hoping the new phasers would have closed that gap to some extent while retaining the federation feel.
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Similar, but they lack the "skreee" noise.

Oh and Green is pretty. :D

Actually there is a major difference between the two. Retro Phasers fire two narrow beams that are close together from each hardpoint, its easily visable when you fire it a lot, they are also a lighter shade with a white core to them. Andorian Phasers are pretty dark and are single solid beams like normal phasers.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Whaaaa they made the new phasers GREEN?! you've got to be kidding me! As if there weren't enough fed ships using green beams already! If I wanted more green that looked nothing like the canon fed weapons I'd just use the far superior disruptors/plasma/romulan plasma. I was kind of hoping the new phasers would have closed that gap to some extent while retaining the federation feel.

I just use the console from the set and plan on using the torp, keeping my Fleet Phasers but using the 2/4 Phaser/Photon damage bonus ^ ^
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    so it's green big deal get over it it does have bio molecular added in which would explain the green and i like it i swear half of u all cry over the stupidest stuff omg it's green Q_Q omg it's a pink derpy flying pony coming out of my butt from that phaser turret Q_Q WHO CARES it is a game i like it and plan on outfitting my risa vette with them ^_^ plus the torps are green are u gonna Q_Q over that to cause they are not red or blue depends on the show/movie i guess lol

• vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why do you folks want more regular phasers? You already have Elite ones, the only elite wep available for feds... Plus there are blue phasers, red phasers, now green phasers. You're not exactly lacking for choice.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vhiranikos wrote: »
    Why do you folks want more regular phasers? You already have Elite ones, the only elite wep available for feds... Plus there are blue phasers, red phasers, now green phasers. You're not exactly lacking for choice.

1) Not everyone is in a fleet.
    2) There was so far no set that boosted phaser damage. Now we have one that boosts green phasers and has a turret, a weapon no canon ship in Star Trek ever used aside from maybe some shuttles.
    3) Blue Mk XII phasers are fleet only, just like elite.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • msduckmsduck Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ajax1983 wrote: »
    I'd accept blue phasers. I like the retro phasers too. If they'd made these blue I'd buy them as long as they differentiated them from tetryon.

I have an odyssey which only uses the retro phasers.. surprisingly effective, even on the more difficult elite task forces- and the occasional comments are hilarious.

just rerun the time travel mission eight times :)
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    green phasers sadden me

i could live with orange (like the color of the 8472 beams) or a different yellow but green?! why green?!
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    acully i think that console boost all phasers. not just the green ones.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Blegh.. really!?

That's more than just a little disappointing. I was really hoping I had finally found an alternative to fleet phasers to use on one of my fed characters. :(

(As a side tangent, yes, I'm also a bit tired of all the green: Disruptors, Polarized Disruptors, Fleet Disruptors, Elachi Disruptors, Nanite Disruptors, Romulan Plasma, now Biomolecular Disruptors AND "Phasers".. Why are there soo few iconic Phasers in a game called Star Trek!?)
  • kestrelliuskestrellius Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Blegh.. really!?

That's more than just a little disappointing. I was really hoping I had finally found an alternative to fleet phasers to use on one of my fed characters. :(

(As a side tangent, yes, I'm also a bit tired of all the green: Disruptors, Polarized Disruptors, Fleet Disruptors, Elachi Disruptors, Nanite Disruptors, Romulan Plasma, now Biomolecular Disruptors AND "Phasers".. Why are there soo few iconic Phasers in a game called Star Trek!?)

I absolutely agree. All we have in the way of classic Trek phasers are those terrible rare-quality retrofits, and Andorian phasers. We don't have any classic-looking ground weapons besides the retrofits!

:p

Seriously though people. We need more blue weapons, and more red weapons. At least the Undine were a step up in terms of villains. Red/yellow themed villains are best, as opposed to green-themed villains like the Borg, the Tal Shiar, the Elachi, the Klingons, the Gorn, the Nausicaans, the Orions, and the Remans.

Also, does it annoy anyone else when TNG is considered "classic Trek"? There was a series before it. If you're going to be a Trek purist, you have to be a TOS purist. (Which I'm not by the way. Best Trek is DS9. It's just not the "classic" Trek.)

And everything in TNG was ugly, so if you're going to take something from it for STO, please not the visuals.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I absolutely agree. All we have in the way of classic Trek phasers are those terrible rare-quality retrofits, and Andorian phasers. We don't have any classic-looking ground weapons besides the retrofits!

:p

Seriously though people. We need more blue weapons, and more red weapons. At least the Undine were a step up in terms of villains. Red/yellow themed villains are best, as opposed to green-themed villains like the Borg, the Tal Shiar, the Elachi, the Klingons, the Gorn, the Nausicaans, the Orions, and the Remans.

Also, does it annoy anyone else when TNG is considered "classic Trek"? There was a series before it. If you're going to be a Trek purist, you have to be a TOS purist. (Which I'm not by the way. Best Trek is DS9. It's just not the "classic" Trek.)

And everything in TNG was ugly, so if you're going to take something from it for STO, please not the visuals.
    What no mention of ENT or TAS? BURN THE HERETIC! :P

Truthfully, I'm not one of those guys who wears rose tinted glasses and reveres TOS. Heck part of why I like TAS is that it did things that TOS wished it could do. It had more non humanoids and giant monsters than probably all the rest of Star Trek put together. Hehe... when every ep is animated, special effects are limited only by what the animators can draw. And drawing a sentient plant with lots of arms/tentacles? That only takes a little more time than drawing a human.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, it's pretty obvious why green: "Green" is the traditional color of "bio" things. Thus, Bio-Phasers are Green. It's not easy, being green. So I don't think it's any kind of malicious conspiracy. If someone had to make a call for what to make a bio-thingy, green was the natural choice. Maybe they should have gone with brown instead.
    szerontzur wrote: »
    That, too, is a pretty obvious one: On the show, Starfleet is the only organization that confirmedly uses "phasers". All the bad guys use something else. No one else is really confirmed to be widely using phasers as their primary shipboard armament, and even in cases where they're referred to as such, it's not a guarantee they actually ARE so, just that it is unambiguously understood (There's the episode where Jellico demands that the Cardassians eject their phaser coils, even though Cardassians are known to use spiral disruptors).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vhiranikos wrote: »

Actually phasers have the least availability of all weapons.

while most weapons have at least 3 versions like phasers (tetryon and disruptor have 6) the phasers are for the most part locked behind some kind of pay wall. And andorian and retro phasers are just blue, they don't do anything new or different from the vanilla phasers.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus