test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't change ship texture setting

timalcosertimalcoser Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Academy
I haven't played actively for a few months. But when I got that 7 lightyear itch, I dropped in yesterday and noticed that I indeed still had my beloved Odyssey, but that it was a different material and color than I last rememberd. SoWhen I stopped in for my daily ration of tea and crumpets at Earth Space Dock, I stopped by the ship customization area and tried to change it back to my liking. Thing is, I noticed I could change the windows of the ship, but nothing else. No matter what material, color, symbol or part type (ie, saucer, pylon, etc) I chose, nothing would change on the ship. Just the window type.

I'm posting here because maybe there's some graphics error bug I don't know about or some other game change that I wasn't aware of that is causing this.

The Nacelle Pylons are a power ranger yellow and the hull of my ship has cracks and looks like it just got out of an endless 10 year battle with the Klingon Empire.

Any idea/anybody had this issue, or should I be submitting a game ticket of some sort to customer service?

Thanks in advanced! To Infinity Be With You and Prosper!

Photo Example.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j206/Timsierramist/Capture_zps09618044.png
To Infinity be with you and beyond!
Post edited by timalcoser on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,506 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    You wouldn't, by chance, have the Breen set equipped with the visuals enabled would you? :)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You wouldn't, by chance, have the Breen set equipped with the visuals enabled would you? :)

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm keeping my crew on double shift until we get this resolved.

I remember we could change the visuals for stuff like Borg equipment, but I can't seem to find the setting that lets me do that. Is that what you mean?
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Never mind, I figured it out with your help. Your hint soldered together two brain memory pieces and I remembered I select the equipped item and take out the visuals! Good as NEW!

Thanks a ton. I can play again and my crew can get some much needed Holo Deck time. They send their regards btw.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,506 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    timalcoser wrote: »
    Never mind, I figured it out with your help. Your hint soldered together two brain memory pieces and I remembered I select the equipped item and take out the visuals! Good as NEW!

Thanks a ton. I can play again and my crew can get some much needed Holo Deck time. They send their regards btw.

No problem. Glad to help. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch