test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Breach, really fun now!

anyone#9933 anyone Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Pretty much everything 1 shots you now, my entire team was dead by the time we reached the second node. The gases do over 30k dmg to hull. The torpedoes 1 shot you from the balls.

I can write off another PvE from my todo list, thanks!

Edit; update: Transphasic torpedo did 19k dmg to shields and 42k dmg to hull. Just lol.
Post edited by anyone#9933 on

Comments

• Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can't help but think this is what happens when people (not accusing or implying the OP) whinge and moan that PvE Queues and ESTFs are too easy! :p
  • Options
    t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Brought that up to a friend of mine a few days ago. You get the guys who TRIBBLE that the game is to easy, Then they crank it up and everyone's pissing that its to difficult. Not everyone flys an uber Bfaw scimitar and has the urge to melt everything within 10K mashing on the space bar like an angry gorilla...

Edit: I'm not implying this towards the OP either.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A mission can be designed to be appropriate for minmaxers in DPS beasts or "fresh level 50's" in vendor trash builds. Trying to do both at the same time inevitably results in failing at least one.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    accidental release of the rumored "nightmare mode" on the wrong setting?
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    well everybody whined it was too easy, be careful what you wish for..
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    well everybody whined it was too easy, be careful what you wish for..

More like be careful how much you stroke your epeen, alot of the ppl i've know who griped about the game being to easy are the same ones up in arms over the so called rep nerf among the increased difficulty on some of the new PVEs. Want to have the cake and eat it too.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    t0xsick2 wrote: »
    More like be careful how much you stroke your epeen, alot of the ppl i've know who griped about the game being to easy are the same ones up in arms over the so called rep nerf among the increased difficulty on some of the new PVEs. Want to have the cake and eat it too.

Epeen?! :D please don't make me laugh. I was merely pointing out I've heard many crying how easy STFs were and wanted a harder mode. Well by product of whning. And Frankly while I like the change to the rep system, I wasn't one who whined about it being OP. Yeah I agreed it was eventually going towards power creep but I didn't really care either way.

So please, stop trying to shove words down my throat. I mean really EPEEN? Sounds like you're the one with epeen problems.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Epeen?! :D please don't make me laugh. I was merely pointing out I've heard many crying how easy STFs were and wanted a harder mode. Well by product of whning. And Frankly while I like the change to the rep system, I wasn't one who whined about it being OP. Yeah I agreed it was eventually going towards power creep but I didn't really care either way.

So please, stop trying to shove words down my throat. I mean really EPEEN? Sounds like you're the one with epeen problems.

What i said wasnt directed at you in any way at all. I dont know where you got that from
    I was agreeing with you if anything lol
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    What i said wasnt directed at you in any way at all. I dont know where you got that from
    I was agreeing with you if anything lol

Frak, I misread that. Apologies <o
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2014

On the point of shoving words down peoples throat. i know its early, go have a cup of coffee and lighten up a bit please :P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Frak, I misread that. Apologies <o
    Youre fine it happens *shakes hand*
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    On the point of shoving words down peoples throat. i know its early, go have a cup of coffee and lighten up a bit please :P

hey I admitted I over reacted!
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Youre fine it happens *shakes hand*

-returns shake- I'm only human.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2014
    At any rate though, a lot of the ppl i've known and seen bragging about their leetness are the ones all mad now saying they're gonna leave the game and cryptic has screwed them and what not. Game to easy they brag, it gets more difficult they leave. i dont get it
  • Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So I am all for Buffing the NPC's AI and giving them access to Commander level powers and the ability to use chain or combo attacks. Even giving all of them a %15 Buff to Hull and %10 buff to their shields. But what is going on with the Voth is clearly broken. I cant even do the Daily mini-missions in the Allied Zone.

Yesterday I was trying to do the "Protect Damaged ship" mission and as soon as a little Voth Palisade spawned. My Fleet Gal-x with Elite Fleet Adaptive Resilient Shield Array Mk XII [Cap]x2 [ResB] [Adapt] and X2 Elite Fleet Neutronium + HP consoles, and a XII Field Generator Sci console. So my shield and hull was buffed. I run a keybind that starts my Aux2batt chain and it includes TT and TSS plus an Aux Batt. So my power levels were all maxed except for Aux that was at about 60 at the time and this little Voth Palisade hit me with a Beam attack and one Chronoton Torp and I was respawning. His one attack took me from %100 to dead. Through the TT and TSS and all the buffed Hull HP. I went from being able to Solo the towers in the Battlezone and got my Kirk protege accolade from NWS in this ship with this build and now I cant take on 1 NPC frigate?

Something is really broken with the Voth and I pray they do something about it and not just leave it broken like the Hive Elite STF. Otherwise they just killed the Dyson sphere.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Funny thing about hive onslaught, if you have a great team its np, if you have a mediocre team, once the command ships start shooting out regen probes and such... you might as well just leave. its game over
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    At any rate though, a lot of the ppl i've known and seen bragging about their leetness are the ones all mad now saying they're gonna leave the game and cryptic has screwed them and what not. Game to easy they brag, it gets more difficult they leave. i dont get it

It's not that it's more difficult, it's that something's obviously broken.

Read the guy below you, a frigate (which is pretty much a cannon fodder enemy) 1-shot him at max shields and hull in a Fleet level ship.

That's not difficult, that's downright broken. Difficult isn't about hitting incredibly hard, it's more complex scenarios that need teamwork like Hive (which was plagued by a 20m lance kill bug), Spire, and the Mirror event.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2014
    -returns shake- I'm only human.

Klingons never have to apologize for anything. We aren''t human. Qapla!
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's not that it's more difficult, it's that something's obviously broken.

Read the guy below you, a frigate (which is pretty much a cannon fodder enemy) 1-shot him at max shields and hull in a Fleet level ship.

That's not difficult, that's downright broken. Difficult isn't about hitting incredibly hard, it's more complex scenarios that need teamwork like Hive (which was plagued by a 20m lance kill bug), Spire, and the Mirror event.

This is true. Since I have only used offensive passives when we had the old rep system, then I should have the same survivability. For the most part, I do. However, there are missions that I have been in that every shot the enemy hit me with did no damage to my shields. They were completely bypassed, and my hull was dropped.

I have had the cubes on elite STFs to one shot me with a regular torp while bypassing my shields. That is one thing. However, a whole group of enemies, or just one that are not buffed, or that don't rebuff you hitting your hull with multiple shots, and your shields never getting hit is just wrong.

There is a difference in making an enemy stronger, or smarter. However, giving them the ability to 100% bypass shields with every shot fired, or a small frigate doing a one shot is ridiculous.

I am now doing more damage than before, and can kill things faster than I ever did before. And I can do that with only tier 2 on all of my rep systems. For that reason, I and a lot of other players I talked to love the new rep system. However, what they are upset about is not the difficulty of missions now. They are upset because they fill betrayed by Cryptic, in a way.

They went through all of the rep systems to get to T 5 on all of them so they could have the rewards for it. Then, this change comes out, and they find that they did all of that grinding for nothing.

It isn't about entitlement either. It is about doing the hard work so that they can get the rewards from it, just to have the rewards removed. Now, instead of the 16 passives they worked so hard for, they now only get 8 passives. Granted, the powers are more powerful/effective now, but it is the principle.

Think of it like this, lets say that you and your fleet work so hard to get your fleet's shipyard to tier 5 so that you can get the ships that are promised to be unlocked there. Then, they take half of the ships you got away from you, and make the ships at tier 2 so powerful that you never needed to get to tier 5 to achieve the same thing. That is basically what has been done to the rep system.

Though it doesn't bother me personally, because I never leveled the rep systems for the passives, but just to have something to do, especially since the hourly events are gone, I can understand why they are upset.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I noticed before any recent changes that the turrets that fling Torps could kill you really fast and from well over 10K (as in literally still SHOOTING you from over 10K not just their projectile catching up to you). So yeah... That part has always sucked.