test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need trait loadouts

dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
We need traits loadouts similar to those for ships. It's bit painful to chose 9 traits every time you change from space to ground, or even fight with other race.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It is coming , it has been confirmed , probably season 9.5
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    zidanemorzidanemor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hope they seriously fix the current space loadouts system before then, I havent been able to play for the last few days due to needing to manually remake my only loadout i use after every loading screen.

Would hate to end up with the same kind of buggy system for ground combat to!
  • Options
    theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What they really should do is just divide the space and ground traits and let you choose 8-9 of each. Much like the reputation traits do. That way you aren't constantly switching, depending on what you are playing.

I'm thinking that species traits probably need to be reduced in selection as well. buff them up like the reputation traits, then make you choose between 4 space and 4 ground. When I play some of my alts, I find it's somewhat goofy how they sometimes have more trait slots than traits of either space or ground traits available.
  • Options
    jakal122481jakal122481 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zidanemor wrote: »
    I hope they seriously fix the current space loadouts system before then, I havent been able to play for the last few days due to needing to manually remake my only loadout i use after every loading screen.

Would hate to end up with the same kind of buggy system for ground combat to!

try saving all the loadouts for that ship. i had this problem in a thread i made in the bug section of the forums. saving the same loadout to all slots seems to work even if you swap ships
  • Options
    zidanemorzidanemor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    try saving all the loadouts for that ship. i had this problem in a thread i made in the bug section of the forums. saving the same loadout to all slots seems to work even if you swap ships

Didn't work for me, resaving a loadout, or saving to all loadout slots does nothing :(

Only thing that seems to work is deleting the ship from the roster and redeeming it again from the c-store (c-store ships only ofc) and that seems to fix it, but problem with that is it doesnt work with lobi/lockbox or fleet ones, as you'd have to re-aquire them altogether :s
  • Options
    andyy22andyy22 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bump and my thoughts.

Since we already have space/ground traits and don't have "loadouts" for ground, the first step is to create a separate personal ground and space trait pane, similar to reputation traits. Why this hasn't been done already is strange to me, given the other panes that work this way.

The other problem is that the "space" trait pane should than also be added to a space loadout. If i switch from torpedo to beams or dps to tank or tank to drain, ofc 50-80% of my space traits needs a rework. Atm its really annoying to use a loadout, which works "most" of the time and still need to swap in/out 5-10 traits. On top of that is the fact that space/ground traits are all lumped together in one big scroll window, that likes to expand trait descriptions so you have even less selectable traits per page.

Summary:
    1) Split personal traits in separate ground/space panes, similar to reputation traits.
    2) Either add a option or always save space traits per ship load-out.
    3) Rework the trait pane window selection, so its easier/faster to find/select traits.