test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Venture Saucer missing windows

jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
So - after two years, over two hundred bug reports, and numerous threads on the fourms - the Venture Saucer is still missing a quarter of the windows from the bottom of her saucer. As the other thread asking for these windows to be fixed has a slightly 'too aggressive title', I'm trying it again.

screenshot_2013-12-09-21-04-16.jpg

These windows are missing on every possible use of the Venture Saucer: The Captain level Venture Exploration cruiser, the Rear Admiral Galaxy Retrofit, the Fleet Galaxy Retrofit, and the Galaxy Dreadnought Cruiser.

I would truly, truly appreciate it if this could finally be looked at and corrected, it's horrible that one of STO's most beautiful ships has such a glaring error and has had this error for over two years. Even if the missing windows were mirrored on the other side of the saucer, it would at least give her symmetry and make it easier to look at.

Thank you for your time.
Post edited by jer5488 on

Comments

• torvinecho25torvinecho25 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have to echo the OP on this one; the Venture window bug has been sticking out like a sore thumb since the ship released, and the fact that its still a problem really casts the dev team in a bad light.

Could we *please* finally see this get fixed?
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Don't worry, the missing windows have been found.

They just somehow ended up on the inside of the Avenger's neck.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Might I add that after how many years the saucer seperation is still messed up as well? I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. It's a shame really. The Venture/Bellerophon/Sao Paolo refits are Cryptics only Starfleet designs that aren't fugly.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are the windows for that area of the saucer actually missing? Or by design? I could see the Type option offering one variant that would fill in the empty space that you're pointing out.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    psiameese wrote: »
    Are the windows for that area of the saucer actually missing? Or by design? I could see the Type option offering one variant that would fill in the empty space that you're pointing out.

If it were by design, you'd think it would look the same on both sides of the saucer.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    None of the window options on any of the Venture variants will fill in the missing windows - or mirror the missing windows on the opposite side. Like I said - even if they just mirrored the missing windows it would look good, especially on the Dreadnought variant.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    IDK, but the ship model is one of the lesser problems the Galaxy class has in STO in my opinion.

Nevertheless i have to agree with everyone here, the ship (and the model) isn't something the devs should be proud of, really.
    The most obvious thing is the neck of the Galaxy class (original GCS) which has totally different angel than it should have.

Maybe i'm wrong, but sometimes i get the slight impression the GCS isn't one of the devs favourite ships. :rolleyes:
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
    edited December 2013
    You aren't wrong - but they certainly enjoy slapping it's picture everywhere for publicity. I agree the Galaxy needs work in just about all areas - but the window fix would be a small texture update that would help four different ships. /shrug.
    edited February 2014
    So with the dev blog update - I believe this would be an excellent time to post a bump and hope for an answer.
  • qweeble#7491 qweeble Member Posts: 164 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    This is a known issue, and is on our bug fix list.
    I make space ships!
    Twitter! STO_JamJamz
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to take my fleet Galaxy-X for a spin this coming Thursday. Also, the new Defiant parts are quite awesome as well. You do very good work.
  • nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any word on if/when this is going to get fixed? While we're on these models, maybe centering the Gal-X's spinal lance and the Venture-X's center warp trail? You just revamped and repackaged these, but didn't fix any of their graphics? Come on guys.
    edited April 2014
    This still hasn't been resolved as of 4/25
    edited May 2014
    This hasn't been resolved as of May 1 patch
    edited May 2014
    Still broken as of 5/8
    edited May 2014
    Still broken as of 5/15
    edited May 2014
    Still broken as of 5/23
    edited May 2014
    As of 5/29 this is still unresolved
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This still hasn't been resolved as of 4/25
    This hasn't been resolved as of May 1 patch
    Still broken as of 5/8
    Still broken as of 5/15
    Still broken as of 5/23
    As of 5/29 this is still unresolved
    I swear you've got a condition of some sort. :P

They've said they're aware of the issue and that it's on their to do list. Notice that it's on a list, and it's a safe bet that said list is a rather lengthy one. They'll get around to it, but you posting weekly updates of their not having yet done it isn't going to get the job done any faster.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9600923

I'm so happy and so sad at the same time. The Venture is fixed! And I love my Galaxy Dread with it's new lance and Beta Saucer too much to ever use it.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Persistence paid off.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222