test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Phantom Loot Drops

stellardriftstellardrift Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Yesterday and today, while in the Undine and Voth battlezones I am noticing prompts to loot a critter, but no loot box is visible. When clicking on the prompt to loot the critter nothing happens.

This is happening intermittently. Played around with my graphics settings and doesn't seem to have changed anything.
Post edited by stellardrift on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's been there since S8 or 8.5. It pops up when other players get loot too.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    doubleogtrigondoubleogtrigon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I thought perhaps this was in regards to the phantom tribble loots. The first day of season 9 I got a Winter Tribble in my inventory about every 40 minutes. After the first day I now get common tribbles every hour or 2 of gameplay. There is not one hiding in my inventory eating my food and reproducing, it just appears out of nowhere.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Maybe a tribble in your overflow bag?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    doubleogtrigondoubleogtrigon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Overflow bag! I didn't know that was a thing, mystery solved. Thanks, now I have to lament what must be a missing stack of winter food.

Is there an option to turn off the ability to loot tribbles? I'd pay Zen for the option.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hah, I wish.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • Options
    stellardriftstellardrift Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mightybob!

No Tribbles. I tend to put special tribbles on bridge officers.

I haven't noticed the loot thing until yesterday. I guessed it was because of so many people and things flying around. It's annoying when I am trying to get more EC and I am getting maybe one or two items if I'm lucky.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When you are near loot drops in space maps that haven't been picked up yet by other players you get a "Talk to loot critter" button pop up for a couple seconds. If you're fast enough and click the button nothing happens.

This has been around since season 8 launch in November 2013 and quite frankly I'm getting sick of it. It would be nice if they could fix it already. They're probably still working on it though. Sometimes it just takes them months to fix what to us would seem like a simple thing. :(
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yea i think its time to remove those annoying "loot critter", dont you cryptic?? :mad: