test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Planet killer (A rant)

dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So much wasted potential....come on guys.

It's a god damn space squid, a cosmic sarlacc, a bloody mouth with tentacles.

It's a space squid with a back story of where it came from...fluidic space...that's brilliant guys.

But why, in all that encompasrs cephalpods, do you not have tentacles that grab ships or a maw that eats them...

Just god damn it guys...were you lazy? do you not have the expertise? Is the game engine that poor to not allow torpedoes that act like tractor beams(?

I mean, would it be so hard to have a reverse tractor beam for the mouth, mixed with the Voth city ship power source conduits crushing effect?

I mean...you have everything in game to make this work...you could've been creative and have the reverse tractor beam repulsers be the tentacles animation of pulling them toward the mouth...players have to kill/sever the tentacle before the maw closes and crushes the ship

It's just a let down. Wasted potential is an understatement...

It's immobile too...wouldve been relatively easy to do a copy paste with untargetable turrets that spam reverse tractor beam repulsers...

Guess it was easiest to have the art team draw something up, render it and throw a bunch of torpedoes and beams on it...

/sigh
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Post edited by dahminus on

Comments

• edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A said it. The new planet killers suckxx much. But it looks like a lot of people like em. They must be aliens.

Because honestly the planet killers mission in Dyson is the worst and most horrible thing i did in the year ive been playing. Not only the planet killers emselves are well, poor designed and really stupid, but the mission itself is, well, really forgetable. And tedious. How tedious, god. 20 guys trying to aim anything, well, we got it since the planet killers died (the three of em before 6 minutes remaining... ) but i think i never had the time to shot anything. Mostly because of the lag, and because of so many ships in the screen. It is the typical mission where yo do nothing, and you win. Because the other guys did the job just fine with their scimitars and their power creeped ships. If you dont have a dps powerup ship, just forget about trying to kill anything, its just impossible. Too much lag. Not only that, the design of the whole mission, including the planet killers is, well, really poor , showing a really lack of skills. Seriously.The planet killers dont even move, they dont even have mobile parts, that i can see, i mean pff.

It is another fail. Period.
  • mozohamozoha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree with this post. I don't complain often but the Undine daily with the motionless, endless hp planet killer is a total loser. Sorry cryptic but hit points do make for a boss battle. Timers, objectives, strategy lend themselves to good boss fights.....try to incorporate a few of those elements.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree the planet killers are somewhat underwhelming.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still don't the need Species 8472 would need to "advance" their "Planet Killer Technology". I mean you saw how disadvantaged this new tech is...not mobile, takes an eternety to deploy and possibly fire.

Still we see that the common "Planet Killer Tech" works perfectly fine and without any problems in the Mission where they destroy assimilated Kessik IV in barely 10 seconds.

In the end it is just a show off of the devs to the players saying "Look, we have this giant new space squiq invented for you guys!" ...nothing more than the Mecha-T-Rex Voth pets.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I agree the planet killers are somewhat underwhelming.

Somewhat? It's a long mission with nothing to do but shoot at stuff.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The most irriatating part of the Undine space battle zone is not the Planet killers, but the completely arbitrary and useless 5 min long VOTH wave after wave after wave - to get your marks/implants.

Come on - it's just stupid and lazy!!
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The most irriatating part of the Undine space battle zone is not the Planet killers, but the completely arbitrary and useless 5 min long VOTH wave after wave after wave - to get your marks/implants.

Come on - it's just stupid and lazy!!

Yea, that mission should end once the planet killers are gone - I cannot understand the Voth coming in
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    Yea, that mission should end once the planet killers are gone - I cannot understand the Voth coming in

Its a time gate plain and simple. Thank the guys earning 1000s of marks an hour in the ground zone. Cryptic learned from there dumb... instead of nerfing the ground zone a bit... they will just time gate the space zone so the same can't be done there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.