test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I think I might have gotten an item from the upcoming Summer Event a little early

grevdogggrevdogg Member Posts: 17 Arc User
So I was on Risa the other day and decided that I needed to get a nice new floater. In the floater store I saw several models marked "NEW!". Since I wasn't playing during last year's event, I thought nothing of it and picked the really awesome looking green model.

Someone saw me in it a few days later and immediately asked me where I'd gotten a green one. I directed him to the store where, low and behold, there were only Red, Blue, White, and Black.

Is it possible that these new colors (I think there were purple and gold/yellow ones too) are for this year's event and accidentally slipped onto Holodeck for a short while?

If so, did anyone else grab one of these before they vanished?

http://i.imgur.com/UroDbi6.jpg
Post edited by grevdogg on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Amazing all the additions they have made. Can't wait to surf.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hunh... are you sure they're gone now? When I was looking earlier I noticed an interesting anomaly where you could only find them if you talked to the merchant in person. they weren't in the Rep store.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • grevdogggrevdogg Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This wasn't on Tribble, and I have no idea what rep vender you are referring to. This was from the Floater Vender at the hut next to the transporter pad.

If someone else can find these things for sale somewhere, I'll just assume it's a bug. Otherwise...COOL NEW FLOATER COLORS!!!! WOOOOOO
    edited April 2014
    grevdogg wrote: »
    This wasn't on Tribble, and I have no idea what rep vender you are referring to. This was from the Floater Vender at the hut next to the transporter pad.

If someone else can find these things for sale somewhere, I'll just assume it's a bug. Otherwise...COOL NEW FLOATER COLORS!!!! WOOOOOO
    If you did the summer event last year, then you can access a "store" in the event rep tab. this store has the floaters from last year in it still. They cost Lohlunat tokens, but they're there. When I was at Risa after S9 release, I also saw the floaters at the vendors on Risa. But NOT in the event rep store. But I haven't checked today.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yup. You can grab new floater colors and there is a place where you can see the new boards you but the only upgrade to the summer event store now is just the new floaters.
    edited April 2014
    Yup. You can grab new floater colors and there is a place where you can see the new boards you but the only upgrade to the summer event store now is just the new floaters.
    If you look around you can even find where they moved the Ornithologist to. :D It's a large room with lots of bird cages. :D So yeah, lots of changes to risa, but mos tof the NPCs are on vacation. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes, it was possible to visit the surfboard store and buy the new floaters.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So went to risa ( on Holodeck ) and..... well, new buildings added to the map an boy it looks more like risa now, the floater race is still there but..... HOVER SURFBOARDS!!!!!! yup, to the east of the island is a new complex with the hover surfboard shop an the board race start, after following the course it goes all around the island an finishes by the beam in site, oh an swimwear! Thanks cryptic for this sneak peak ( guess it wasn't planned? ) go check it out before it goes ( can't wait till june ).
    edited April 2014
    Well... the new floaters are no longer available for purchase. just the old ones. I did notice something cool though. The new surfing course appears to have RAMPS for doing jumps and tricks!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, I can sorta top that.

My MACO Ground set MK XI (and only the old XI it seems) is now part of a four piece set. If you happen to have it, look at it - the fourth piece is called SwimTest.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcyh3u0bouecpb3/screenshot_2014-04-23-06-31-20.jpg

Oops. Lol
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!