test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jam Sensors breaking over-rides Cloak?

catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
edited April 2014 in Klingon Discussion
So... Jam Targeting Sensors. What good is it? Especially on a B'rel? Seems a waste of space.

I tried it on the Grav Well/Gravimetric Spread... but I did it between the Grav Well hitting & when the Gravimetric spread hit in order to escape being targeted.

That of course lasted only seconds, but seconds do matter.

HOWEVER, once the Jam broke & I was already back under Enhanced Battle Cloak, it was like the enemy could still target me because the Jam broke due to damage.

Seriously, being under Cloak & continually under fire at 7-8km (when I should have been pretty invisible) until the "Jam" period wore off was not good at all.
Nessia (KDF Sci)
IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
Post edited by catliketyping on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No, Jam doesn't override cloaking.

The thing is, even without a Jam Sensors, NPCs don't follow the same 'rules' as players do in regards to stealth vs perception.

NPCs can always 'see' you, even if you are under cloak. So if you have aggro, but are cloaked, while an NPC might not shoot you, they will 'see' you as it were.

Also any fire that was heading towards you before you recloaked or jammed the target is still gonna come at you, that can't really be avoided. Generally I recommend using jam during a couple different situations:

1. AFTER you have fired all your volleys and such, Jam the biggest target (or primary target) you have, so that way you keep your target placated for longer.

2. Use it to break any nasty stuff they might be doing to you. Like a Tractor Beam or TBR, or if you think they may target you with something nasty in the near future.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    DOFF'd GW? ie, GW DOFF which causes your GWs to produce aftershocks? When GW aftershocks appear, it will cause you to blip with EBC as if you had launched a fresh attack (even though it was the initial GW that triggered the next GW and not you).
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited April 2014
    I do have Aftershock GWs on... I guess it's time to take that off.

As for being shot at under EBC...
    I have run cloaked ships before, so I know how ships still shoot at you. While you're visible, mostly, but then there's travel time for cannons & such.

However, random instantaneous beam shots after I'm "invisible" (i.e. changed color, transparent) is way different than what I recall, unlesss Beam FAW is changed (if that was FAW). I don't remember that from the Voth.

So maybe it's GW aftershocks. And the Loadout stuff is all FUBAR right now. Lovely.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this comes to my mind.

Jem'Hadar Space Set

Set 3: Antiproton Sweep
    Affects Foe (5 max) 6 kilometer Range; 90 degree Cone 0.5 sec activate 2 min recharge -834 Shields on up to 5 enemies Disables cloaking systems for 10 sec
    Starship Sensors

Captain (Tier 4)

This skill improves starship sensor abilities allowing you to see cloaked enemy targets sooner. Stealth Detection is also innately improved with Auxiliary Power.

This skill also grants resistance to Confuse and Placate effects, such as those from Scramble Sensors and Jam Sensors. The higher your Starship Sensors skill, the sooner Confuse and Placate effects will wear off.
  • Options
    kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited April 2014
    Jam Sensors is fantastic in PvP with the B'rel. In PVE it is basically useless.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kolbrandr wrote: »
    Jam Sensors is fantastic in PvP with the B'rel. In PVE it is basically useless.

Saved my skin a bunch in PvE and PvP in the past, probably will continue to do so. Even a really weak JS 1 can still break target lock and such if you really need it badly.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.