test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fastest way to get MACO / Borg sets with new Rep System

gentooraxgentoorax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Reputation System
So, what's the fastest way to get the MACO / Borg sets with this new reputation system? It looks like I'm going to have grind like STO is some kind of 9-5 job at the moment?
Post edited by gentoorax on

Comments

• Options
    maelwy5maelwy5 Member Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gentoorax wrote: »
    So, what's the fastest way to get the MACO / Borg sets with this new reputation system? It looks like I'm going to have grind like STO is some kind of 9-5 job at the moment?

Do STFs for Omega marks; queue up at least a few Daily reputation projects --> requisition the items when available?

Doing even a single set of the old Elite STFs (Infected, Kittomer, Cure) should take you around 30-45mins and give you enough Omega marks for several days worth of dailies. Save the dilithium you get from them for requisitioning the set items, and you should be fine.

Oh, and once you get to Tier 5 reputation on one character you can do a project to give you 2x the reputation exp gain on all your other characters on that account.
    [ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ok, thanks, if I queue up the daily projects, will they start automatically?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Give about a minute for them to queue up. Infected Space Elite will queue up quickly while the others might take longer. They don't start automatically, there is a window where you have to select to join the STF.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ah sorry, I was referring to when you kick off a project in the reputation system. You can select a project give it the prerequisites and hit start, then set another project to follow (queue it). If you do this will they start automatically after the first completes?
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I believe if you que them on the same line, then you have to claim the reward of the first one before you can set the second one off.

If you have two qued up, one on the first line and one on the second, you can have both going together, but you still have to manually collect the reward once they've completed.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    aye no autostart otherwise I could have a busy weekend then ignore sto for a week

just pick one rep a day to puts with really, you can amass a weeks worth of marks pretty quickly with most of them(and throw in eppoh tagging for new romulus) if you have an active group of friends/fleet or good luck in the queues.
  • Options
    majorlightningmajorlightning Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Being able to have projects auto-start and auto-collect rewards would be useful, but it doesn't take too long to do it manually.
    Unity - Duty - Destiny
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    From my point of view, the new Rep system makies "grinding" for like a part-time job.

It's giving me hope I may actually get the Adapted MACO before the end of the year :D
  • Options
    emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    From my point of view, the new Rep system makies "grinding" for like a part-time job.

It's giving me hope I may actually get the Adapted MACO before the end of the year :D

40 days on the first go through with only the dailies, 20 for all subsequent characters(less on both if you run the hourlies) isn't so bad compared to months of running stf's for salvage :P (and with the KCB in your build and how long you've been here I'm suprised you aren't T5 already)
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well I only play for about 2 hours every three days and had to get through the story arcs. You know, actually reading the text :P

Then there are accolades. Those damn, dirty accolades. :mad:
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I got the marks for the MACO and Adapted MACO ground sets from the Mirror Invasion event. Getting 3000 marks was easy peasy.
    w8xekp.jpg