test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Borg Sheilds not at Tier 1 anymore?

gentooraxgentoorax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Reputation System
Hey, so I just logged on after the release of season nine.

Am I right in thinking that the borg shields are now only available when you get to Tier 5 in the reputation system? What about people that already got them a tier 1 are they the same spec?
Post edited by gentoorax on

Comments

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As previously announced in a season 9 blog, the Mk X and Mk XI rep reward choices are no longer being offered.

If you have that stuff, it will still work and won't be taken from you.
    If you have incomplete sets, tough luck...Mk X MACO shield and Mk XII deflector will not give you any set bonuses. You won't be able to get any additional Mk X or XI pieces, even if you have some already.
  • Options
    gentooraxgentoorax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    But you will be able to get these in tier 5 right? As it looks like they are still options there?
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i really wish they gave the option to hand in the old Mk X and XI set peices and just pay the differnce in cost to upgrade them to the mk XII ones rather than leaving them like that
  • Options
    ssapphire21ssapphire21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    grtiggy wrote: »
    i really wish they gave the option to hand in the old Mk X and XI set peices and just pay the differnce in cost to upgrade them to the mk XII ones rather than leaving them like that

I agree fully... Now what do I do with my mk x gear when I have enough marks and ec to upgrade? I really do hope they implement an upgrade system. I would pay 10M ec all my dilithium or even buy zen so as not to have to grind (is this my job now?) Or wait the 24 hours for t5 omega rep.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gentoorax wrote: »
    But you will be able to get these in tier 5 right? As it looks like they are still options there?

The mark xii version of them, yes. Not sure if you can still get the set bonus if you try to match it with the lower mark set items though.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy