test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Body Armor Enable Visuals

gentooraxgentoorax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
Has anyone else lost the option to enable and disable visuals for body armor? I have the option for kit but not for armor anymore, what's up with that?
Post edited by gentoorax on

Comments

• Options
    nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    go to tailor
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Those are now tailor options.:)
  • Options
    gentooraxgentoorax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I suspected as much and I had been to the tailor, but where abouts in there? Is this under head, then uniform top right, that was disabled for me?
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gentoorax wrote: »
    I suspected as much and I had been to the tailor, but where abouts in there? Is this under head, then uniform top right, that was disabled for me?
    If you're looking for some checkbox to click, there isn't any. The armor and kit parts are listed as normal clothes now just like everything else.

Restrictions may apply as to what things you're allowed to wear together, as usual. :(
  • Options
    thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you're talking about the MACO/Omega Force/etc armors, you have to first complete the costume projects before you have access to them in the tailor. Once you've done that, you can click a drop-down menu in the upper right (where it says "Uniform") to select what type of armor you want.

This also works for your Bridge Officers (their rank will affect how many tailor options they have access to, so if some options are missing, promote that officer to Commander).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    squaliixsqualiix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ever since the change to equipment I haven't had the option to enable/disable visuals and no it's not just because those options have moved to the tailor. My bridge officers have the option, both an icon directly next to their armor and a listed option when right clicking on the armor slot, my other characters on my account also have the option as well. But not my main character, that's the only one affected and it's weird.

So sure I can use the tailor to give myself the visuals for MACO, OMEGA, suits and so forth, but for instance the Solanae Environment Suits, they're awesome and I got the black version from the lobi store but the visual doesn't appear when I equip it and there's no tailor option for it either.

This is simply a frustrating issue, I'd like to wear my sweet black environment and actually have it show and I can't.

Anyone else having this problem? Anybody found a solution?
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    squaliix wrote: »
    Ever since the change to equipment I haven't had the option to enable/disable visuals and no it's not just because those options have moved to the tailor. My bridge officers have the option, both an icon directly next to their armor and a listed option when right clicking on the armor slot, my other characters on my account also have the option as well. But not my main character, that's the only one affected and it's weird.

So sure I can use the tailor to give myself the visuals for MACO, OMEGA, suits and so forth, but for instance the Solanae Environment Suits, they're awesome and I got the black version from the lobi store but the visual doesn't appear when I equip it and there's no tailor option for it either.

This is simply a frustrating issue, I'd like to wear my sweet black environment and actually have it show and I can't.

As an environment suit, aren't it's visuals triggered by that little extra button above your action bars? (like when you activate it to go out the airlock at the Dil mine....)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,446 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    gentoorax wrote: »
    Has anyone else lost the option to enable and disable visuals for body armor? I have the option for kit but not for armor anymore, what's up with that?
    squaliix wrote: »

Some Armors, but not all, allow you to right click and Enable/Disable Visuals. This can also work with EV Suits if the visuals aren't showing when they are activated/worn.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    just right click on your armor and disable visual in your character sheet, they just took away the pretty eye shaped button is all
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    castsbugc wrote: »
    just right click on your armor and disable visual in your character sheet, they just took away the pretty eye shaped button is all

As I already said in my comment that option is not there either. No option to enable or disable visuals appears when I right click on my armor slot.

Also as for environment suits activating the suit turns on the light and does indeed enable the visuals should they be disabled and that does work, however that does not replace the normal ability to enable or disable visuals and the armor does not appear regularly. I should be able to see the armor equipped even without the suit being activated but nope, that option is strangely gone.

As I said before both the eye button and the right click option are still there for the other characters on my account, and even for the bridge officers of my main character, but not my main character itself.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Armor visuals are removed. You can create an armor consume via the tailor now.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Earlier it wasn't working but just checked now and I can finally enable/disable visuals for my Solanae armor/environment suit again, so it works now I guess. Cool.
  • Options
    phreak42phreak42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As of now the visuals can be enabled at the tailor:

Modify -> Uniform -> select your armor in the drop down in the upper right