test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Undine Reputation Cutscenes

xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
So, out of curiosity: are there any cutscenes when you reach a new tier, like with the Voth Rep? Or even missions like with the Romulan Rep? :confused:
Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
latest?cb=20130715204749
Buy gold!
Post edited by xiaoping88 on

Comments

• Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Doesn't seem to be. I finished Tier 1 8472 Rep this morning and continued with Tier 2 with nothing special being triggered...
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Doesn't seem to be. I finished Tier 1 8472 Rep this morning and continued with Tier 2 with nothing special being triggered...

Same here.

The lack of even a simple little mission is rather telling.

While I appreciate the focus this season has been on game systems, and I'm not unhappy about most of that, the lack of a mission sadly confirms the air of laziness this season has about it.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Laziness because a rep tier doesn't have a mission? Facepaw.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cry babies cry
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Soooooooo they give you an entirely new featured episode that was totally epic with cool cutscenes and you're complaining about a lack of reputation cutscene? :confused:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Soooooooo they give you an entirely new featured episode that was totally epic with cool cutscenes and you're complaining about a lack of reputation cutscene? :confused:

I don't like the trend very much.
    New Romulus had missions. In S8 (which had more meat on its bones then S9 overall), there were cutscenes - people complained back then for the lack of missions.

Now there is nothing? No story at all? It's a bit disappointing, yeah.
    The FE was epic. But "A Step Between Stars" was neat, too. The Undine thing feels a bit shallow without further development. Despite the entire storyline was build up from the very beginning of STO.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Borg Rep and Tholian rep don't have cutscenes AFAIk.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Borg Rep and Tholian rep don't have cutscenes AFAIk.

Yes.

And yet:
    Compare the Breen FE series to the last FE.
    The game developed. Story content in Reputations was one of the things I consider good.
    So... it's a shame that they are gone in the Undine Rep.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    I don't like the trend very much.
    New Romulus had missions. In S8 (which had more meat on its bones then S9 overall), there were cutscenes - people complained back then for the lack of missions.

Now there is nothing? No story at all? It's a bit disappointing, yeah.
    The FE was epic. But "A Step Between Stars" was neat, too. The Undine thing feels a bit shallow without further development. Despite the entire storyline was build up from the very beginning of STO.

If all future episodes are as good as the Sphere Trillogy, if we only got 2 episodes a season from here on out, I wouldn't even be mad.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes.

And yet:
    Compare the Breen FE series to the last FE.
    The game developed. Story content in Reputations was one of the things I consider good.
    So... it's a shame that they are gone in the Undine Rep.
    Yes.. and no.
    With the breen FE series, it was several episode long. This one is pretty much alone. Sure you have sphere of influence, but 1 FE per season is a lot less than a whole storyline in the meantime.
    Also, I didn't have to grind the same FE 4 time to have all the uniques goodies with the breen. At most, twice.

4time per character, when you have 5 characters, it start to add up.

Also, they have better way to tell stories, doesn't mean they are better. I honestly miss using my crew in FEs, I play STO mostly because I'm a captain. Not a guy following Tuvok/Shon/whatever and shoot things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Yes.. and no.
    With the breen FE series, it was several episode long. This one is pretty much alone. Sure you have sphere of influence, but 1 FE per season is a lot less than a whole storyline in the meantime.
    Also, I didn't have to grind the same FE 4 time to have all the uniques goodies with the breen. At most, twice.

4time per character, when you have 5 characters, it start to add up.

Also, they have better way to tell stories, doesn't mean they are better. I honestly miss using my crew in FEs, I play STO mostly because I'm a captain. Not a guy following Tuvok/Shon/whatever and shoot things.

Fair points.

My argument was pointed towards the loss of story content in the Rep system, though. ;)
    The overall quality of the FE improved quite a bit, and imho the addition of story content (let it be missions or cutscenes) added some depth and motivation to the Rep grind.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Fair points.

My argument was pointed towards the loss of story content in the Rep system, though. ;)
    The overall quality of the FE improved quite a bit, and imho the addition of story content (let it be missions or cutscenes) added some depth and motivation to the Rep grind.

I'm however okay with that not always being the case however.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this is disappointing. i suspect it was purely a time issue rather than dropping it all together. with the change to how we get rep powers, the cut scenes remained a strong reason to play them, at least once.

i think crytic should remain consistant with reps and while this may be wishful thinking, i would love it if they went back and added the custcenes later, and also added some to the borg and tholian ones.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    to be fair the romulan rep happened because there was another story to be told as to how the republic got into the position of "leading the charge" as it were to the solanae sphere via the Jouret Iconian gateway with the assistance of Worf after the small rep missions were complete.

the cutscene parts for the voth one was about a defector who had become disillusioned with doctrine stating that "all your stuff belong to us". He wanted to tell his part and join your crew, but that unspectacularly went nowhere fast after it complete. however it did provide details on why the voth were interested in the solanae sphere.

why should the TFO, Tholian or 8472 reps need a cutscene/mini mission for?

I would much prefer the devs working on another large content in missions and exploring out the delta quadrant then waste their time adding small rep missions.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    lazlarlazlar Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Replay the borg series. That's a couple hours of play, story, and other related interesting tie-ins with what we have already seen.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2014

So ... , maybe he's a player who came on board @ LoR and was told that older Reps don't have cutscenes ?
    Could happen .

The Rommy Rep was a step forward in many directions -- ease of use (bunny scanning) , unlocking cutscenes and missions -- it had all the elements to make the Rep system look like an actual part of the game , instead of a tacked on *something* to keep us occupied .

Every Rep before or since has the same old thing : do something to get gear to do that same thing only better .
    And this is where STO fails , as getting the Rep gear should unlock something ... -- it should be a gateway to harder content that gives meaning to your grind .

In STO we just grind the Reps for the sake of grinding -- with the newest "feature" : grind for "optional" passives that you will never-ever slot . WooHoo ... .
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I liked when you had episode series. You know...4-5 episodes per season. That was awesome and worth waiting for. I like these new FE but...I assumed FE would be the first in a line of episodes, I was disappointed when Season 8 rolled out and the FE was the only new real mission. At least there were rep cutscenes.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What is better?

5 mediocre missions once or twice a year or one top notch high quality mission every 2-3 months?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    4-5 normal missions every 2-3 months.
    That'd be the ideal. I'd take anytime that over stupid long grindy reps.
  • Options
    vipsssvipsss Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Ya Epic indeed until the very end when they went on a terrible rail system to guide you in they must think the player base is completely stupid for ending the mission like that no skill involved. The cut-scene was nice, but the space battlezone is terrible not much reward for doing very tedious and boring stuff. So ya a rep cut-scene would have been nice. The best thing to come out of this season so far was the revamped borg missions and even then they took one away they took content away. On my last point I will add next time they do a featured episode how about you cut out some of the grinding and make the mission re playable if we choose to replay it don't make us do it 4 times per toon just to get all the rewards because then guess what happens we all get so sick of the same **** we take a big break until the next season again.