test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RE: General Season 9 Feedback Thread

Comments

• carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lots of thoughts.

First i took a break after New Romuolus was introduced and just came back last week. So the rep nerf hasn't de-powered me any.

Despite that multiple poster here are right. They just removed any incentive to do future rep systems unless A) They make new gear/traits that plain better for your build than prior options, or B) your a collector who has to get everything.

Otherwise there's simply no point to them. And that's just awful game design either way it works out.

That's not to say Cryptic didn't have a valid concern, but their choice of answer is simply flawed. Long term it is not going to work out well.

Other than that i haven't really had any complaints to make other than the white out graphics bug becoming much more common. ESD is okay if not very Federation in layout, (Style yes, but it doesn't really follow any of the layout conventions set by cannon Federation designs).
  • mastigatormastigator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm a lazy player. I haven't tried much of the new content. Did one viscous cycle and felt a bit lost but easy enough following the group and green arrows. I think those bubble wells are going to take me a few to get used to. Looking forward to giving everything else a whirl.

Was going to mess with kitting but couldn't find modules. I didn't look too hard. The exchange was all the way over there.

Spoke with a tailor. But my graphics were all messed up. I started off slightly blurry. I was able to get things slightly less blurry. Changed one cap'n's face. I don't even recognize him anymore. When I tweak my graphics some more, I'll probably mess around with it.

Have an alt with marks in hand waiting to get repped. Yay free stuffs. Chance to save some dil. Or try some stuff out and spend more for the complete build. Makes me wish boffs had a secondary weapon slot. Overall, finishing a rep will be longer for me (as I don't think I'll be doing any hourlies) but way cheaper and more importantly simpler. Although, for the sake of my lethargy they should go further and have a fill all button or something. Sliders are tiresome.

Now rep traits. Seems to be the hot topic. And as much as I can be riled from my apathy, this change irritated me some. It seemed like a half step to me. I would have liked a "harsher" loss with a sweeter replacement. I don't like that I still have two choices per rep level if there isn't a direct choice between them. Each tier should only give one new passive rep trait. And they should all be a little bit better. When I looked at that list of 16 traits (32 total with ground and space) I was overwhelmed with choice again. Choice and the ability to change at my whim. I can't keep them all straight. And I don't really crunch the numbers (but am appreciative of those that do) so I'm left making choices that don't really mean that much to me. Will X amount of hull be better than X amount of resistance based upon my health? No idea. Will it make things go boom faster. Ok, I understand a little better. Will bypassing X amount of shield be better than X amount of direct hull damage? Back to no idea. So I picked 4 that gave me a sense of what was actually happening. If I die often, I'll switch in a defense. If I think I could withstand some more punishment I'll swap in an offense. But otherwise, I just don't see myself going beyond what the great Ron Popeil's mantra states. Set it and forget it.

That may have been a bit rambly. So in summary. Season 9. I'll get around to it.
    "They're crying, Jim! I don't know how it happened, but it's good to see." - Dr Leonard McCoy
  • leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It seems you can post either positive or negative comments in here and someone will troll it but thats not to say that the original comment is in any way a rage rant or throwing the toys out of the pram, its someones thoughts and feelings about what has happened mostly ingame and that person has the right to express those feelings in the correct manner.

On a personal level who knew posting something in 2 threads is spam?!?!?!
  • spieces8472spieces8472 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think designers have forgotten some things... Like adding Ferenginar on maps... it's been a while but the've promised that :P
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    The funniest part is...

My DPS is up. On both ground and space...

This is the worst nerf ever, I say!

That's because this was just the first half of this nerf .
    The second half (read : the adjusting after the PVP forums tell them what's OP and what's not) will follow .
    Thus you will end up with less powers and less options .

And you can take that to the bank . ;)
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, that's pretty much the opposite of constructive criticism.... that's an angry demand.

I have your angry demand right here :
    talonxv wrote: »
    If you can't handle the simple cold truth door's that way ->
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    It's too bad so many people couldn't do what this person did.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1092791

He doesn't like the change, hell I think they went a TAD overboard with 4/4/4, and he is calm, collected and offers another solution instead of just ranting.

I think many on this thread could stand to learn something from this writer.

That and similar solutions were overy requested and discussed before... nothing new.... and nothing was considered. Personally I think the power of the forums is close to zero when discussing game changes. But, letting idiots think their opinions matter has its advantages (just like in politics lol).
  • jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I found the changes to Earth Space dock as quite a radical change. Will take some getting used to!!! Looks "pretty", not sure about functional yet however.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    You're comparing S9 to SWG's NGE? You're absolutely and totally way off base. The NGE took the core game of SWG into a completely different affair. It negated entire segments of gameplay, overly simplified the game, absolutely killed the once thriving player economy and community. The entire affair was an absolute downgrade of everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that the existing players signed up to play for. Not talking about a few aspects, I mean the entire game was fundamentally, irrevocably changed to something unrecognizable. I know... I was there, too.

I was there too and your right

Sold my jedi for 500 USD and left
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • ghobepongghobepong Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, well, well so Perfectworld wants my outright and honest opinion as always. Well to be honest it isn't going to be pretty, although there are some good praise about SOME things. But still, much room for improvement.

Let's start with Earth Spacedock. In all honesty yes Earth Space Dock is in fact a REVELATION if you want to call it that. It seems that Perfectworld wanted to grandeur us with such futuristic architecture that it makes us think we are either at a well funded shopping mall or even a newly built hospital with all the amenities. But oh no lets not stop there, to semi hide the fact it is IN FACT a EARTH SPACE DOCK we have a lovely view of the ships inside docked. I have to give that attempt for style three stars. Still room for improvement. Now I know this is going to lead to flak and criticism but do I care? NO! Because this is in fact a blog and the topic is of course "feedback" so as the saying goes, "Ask and you shall recieve." To conclude this first issue it reminds me for some reason of abandoning STO and taking a Disney Vacation or a Disney Cruise. Hmmm must the be the "Earth Space Dock Resort/Cruise" architectural theme they have there. BRILLIANT NEXT ISSUE!

Okay so now lets get to the Undine, I really think that indeed a lot of people have been expecting this for a good while. As far as story goes it is indeed about time we get to face Species 8472 in a real brawl. But at the same time too I think the key word is with sarcasm, "About Time". I mean honestly is it just me or has Perfectworld been lagging this running gag with the Undine for oh say two to three seasons now? I mean come on, in the original storyline for STO we find that THEY were the reason for the Klingon Empire went to war with the Federation because the Federation, "FAILED TO HEAR THEM". If you ask me, and only now because of an "Undine Invasion" they decide to put their differences aside? HELLO! If I remember right covertly they put their differences aside to deal with the Borg as Taskforce Omega in the Gamma Orionis Sector Block led by "Admiral D'Vak" who turns out to be Worf's Grandson. Aka also Alexander's son. Then there is that issue of the "Romulan Legacy" where both the Federation and also the Klingon Empire help with the aid of the "Romulan Republic" in rebuilding after the Hobus Incident. Which as it turns out "ironically" is the reason cause of an over surge of power from the Iconian Gate there causing the sun near Romulus go Super Nova, destroy Romulas/Remus, send Spock through time in a wormhole. As if to semi connect the plot of a JJ Abrams film to the Star Trek reboot and thus explain that the game was also the Prime Timeline which the reboot shoots off from. Then there is the issue with the Romulan Republic discovering the Solanae Dyson Sphere does the Empire and the Federation for all intensive purposes decide to join forces with the Romulan Republic to thwart...............wait for it............THE VOTH. From what you may ask? Acquiring Omega Particles, BRILLIANT! And now after "A Light In the Dark" episode do we see the Undine come back, almost beat the royal pain out of the Federation and the Klingon Empire with their own "Planet Killers" that "finally" this arms race and Cold War between the Klingon Empire and Federation that now they put their differences aside? BRILLIANT! Hey the way this story is going even for the game someone needs to roll down the window, I feel a slight draft coming through here.

Now onto the Reputation System, first off the idea of putting this into the traits? Both good and bad? GOOD, because we now don't have to invest in a freaking Respec Token to respec our traits every time. BAD, because of a few things here so pay careful attention Perfectworld. First, we are only limited to four, read and weep it Perfectworld. Four Reputation Space Traits and Ground. Seriously? That's it? Not adding any additional traits for either reputation or even class like say for tactical, engineering, or science? That's like finding a good show turn out to be a complete flop after the pilot episode. Oh wait some of the writers for this game probably also help in developing this game. BRILLIANT! And another thing too, the abilities on the ships get nerfed? BRILLIANT! Thank you so much turning out nice builds into complete Airsoft ships. Maybe if we are lucky enough we might go ahead and also put somebody's eye out or our own too. BRILLIANT!

Now of course comes my favorite part, the whole graphics revamp. Honestly this one is just too much fun to put aside. First you advertise that the graphics for the game will make it even more "new and innovative". To be honest it felt more like this game was being solicited as some Sports Car, and instead we got a Model T Ford. Yup I said it, they sold us a Lemon. You know, log onto the game, all graphics reset to the "default" settings. Then when you GET to ESD the place looks like a cartoon animation done on a computer that resembles an early version of 3D Studio? And lets not stop there, but also the fact there was so much lag. Now I am sure that indeed they tested this for the Quad Processor line of Graphics Cards but failed to test for the Dual Core line as well. But hey that is my opinion on it. Thank you so much Perfectworld for having me to take all day adjusting the graphics like it was the contrast on an analogical television. Only to find when logging on the graphics "tuned out", and I had to "tune in" to even get the game to work. BRILLIANT!

Now I could address more, but I think I said enough probably going to agitate someone on here for my opinion on the game. But do I care, no cause that's the bottom line and Ghobe Pong said so brother!
  • beldacarbeldacar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jrbrian wrote: »
    I found the changes to Earth Space dock as quite a radical change. Will take some getting used to!!! Looks "pretty", not sure about functional yet however.

It's a longer run from the transporter pad to the Security Officer. Since that's pretty much the only interaction I ever have with ESD, for me it's a major nerf ;^)

That being said, it sure is pretty.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually... after the third mid-battle cutscene I realized that I became invincible during the cutscenes....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • waywardwandererwaywardwanderer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm not going to weigh in on the big changes, since they've been discussed from all angles now. I just have one, very minor, change to suggest.

With all the work on the new ESD and the addition of the shuttle bay, along with it's "Take Shuttle to Starfleet Academy" command, why not use it properly? When you "take a shuttle" down, you appear in a random location on the grounds of the Academy with the transporter effect, just like beaming down from ESD or your ship. However, with the new Federation tutorial rolled out last year, the Academy has its very own shuttle bay set already built!

Why not have the "Take a shuttle" option work both ways, with the arrival in the shuttle bay of both locations? Perhaps put a vendor or two and a mail/bank console in the Academy shuttle bay for more utility and to encourage its use. This keeps the two transport options thematically separate and gives more continuity to players. (If you really want to go all-out on it, give the same transport options in the shuttle bay that you give on the Academy grounds, with taking a shuttle to ESD, your ship in orbit, or your ship and departing to sector space.)
  • kestrelliuskestrellius Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Really guys? I mean really.

Season 8: FACEROLL CRYPTIC THE GAME IS TOO EAZY CAREBEARS WE NEED MOAR DIFFICULTY SO I CAN SHOW OFF HOW HARDCOAR I AM

Season 9: WAHH IT'S TOO HARD

...really?

Look, I'll concede they probably overcompensated a bit on the difficulty. But guys. Did any of you ever play HSE back when it was really, really hard? With a really good team? Hard content -- REALLY hard content -- is some of the most fun you'll ever have in this game, with a good, coordinated team. Even if you lose. It's just an awesome feeling to take things on like that.

So gather your fleet, build a good team, and hop on in to Undine Assault Elite.

And have some fun.

As for the season itself? I have to say I love it. The Voth didn't really do it for me, to be honest, as...I dunno. I don't really like fighting tanky enemies; I prefer glass cannons. Rocket tag gameplay best gameplay. But the Undine are awesome, and make great villains.

New feature episode? Spectacular. Finally, the war-farce is over. And even if I don't really think the Klingons had any right to complain and go to war over the Federation supposedly ignoring the Undine issue originally -- I mean, they still were combating them, just not necessarily doing everything the Klingons demanded (oh, and it could just as easily have been some sort of power grab) -- I loved the look on S'tass's face. "You...admit you were wrong...?" Seriously, that was awesome.

Also THE ICONIANS ARE HERE

Oh and the modifications to ship handling are great. This was something I had considered suggesting back during the deepscort epidemic, since speeding up all ships in general would lead to pilots having less time to react and fire their forward-facing weapons. Of course, it doesn't really have that effect now, what with beamboats being the best, but that'll pass eventually. It still makes everything more awesome, seeing as how we now have Nicors zipping about through the battle, and things just generally being more atmospheric.

I also played through some of the old feature episodes. Wasn't especially fond of the removal of the Obex, but meh. I was also completely shocked when wait is that Cooper? Aaah!

And so the infiltrator wasn't Quinn like we all expected. Interesting. Although he could still theoretically be an infiltrator, but it's unlikely at this point. I still half-expected Quinn and J'mpok to both revert and attack everyone during the ceremony. But we got Iconian Roflstompz instead.

And I was kind of hoping that they would actually blow up Qo'nos. But that would have been a bit too risky, I guess. I just would love to see the Klingon Empire really brought to its knees.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    After a few days of thinking about it, I still think the recent episode is the best that has yet been released. Of course being an opinion, it is entirely subjective.

It's just a shame that there is so many performance issues now and I've also noticed a bug where the loot drop window does not disappear even when you have nothing to select need, greed or pass on.

Hopefully the quality of the episode will be a springboard moving forward into the next expansion whenever that may be.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    If NGE was anything like S9, I wouldn't be here...

I'd still be in SWG...

Except for SWG shut down back in 2012 >_> where you think I came from
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While I agree with most of whats been said on this season, I have two differences to note: the new FE, and two of the "new" Undine space combat powers.

I'm actually highly disappointed by this FE. The story is predictable and inconsistent as hell at the same time, the "rail shooter" section REALLY pissed me off, and don't even get me started on the "spawn from nowhere" infinite enemies.

I am NEVER going into another space battle with Undine involved, it pisses me off too much. Between the giant yellow bubbles that obscure EVERYTHING and don't appear to be more than images, and the infinite lasting, infinite number of "rifts" that seem to be a combination of grav well and Tykens rift that basically stick me in one spot PERMANENTLY regardless of any power combo I use to try and move, I'm just not gonna have any fun. A space battle is fun because I have to move around, maneuver to bring my weapons to bear, get a bead on my target, etc. Even trying to subspace jump behind an enemy landed me right back where I was before, the middle of a bunch of rifts that never go away.
    Oh, and good job on forgetting that players can't go straight up and down in this game, where you have missions that pit you against targets you can only shoot from DIRECTLY ABOVE THEM, or have every enemy always appear DIRECTLY OVER THE PLAYER. Thats just brilliant.
    edited April 2014
    Really guys? I mean really.

Season 8: FACEROLL CRYPTIC THE GAME IS TOO EAZY CAREBEARS WE NEED MOAR DIFFICULTY SO I CAN SHOW OFF HOW HARDCOAR I AM

Season 9: WAHH IT'S TOO HARD

...really?

Look, I'll concede they probably overcompensated a bit on the difficulty. But guys. Did any of you ever play HSE back when it was really, really hard? With a really good team? Hard content -- REALLY hard content -- is some of the most fun you'll ever have in this game, with a good, coordinated team. Even if you lose. It's just an awesome feeling to take things on like that.

So gather your fleet, build a good team, and hop on in to Undine Assault Elite.

And have some fun.

As for the season itself? I have to say I love it. The Voth didn't really do it for me, to be honest, as...I dunno. I don't really like fighting tanky enemies; I prefer glass cannons. Rocket tag gameplay best gameplay. But the Undine are awesome, and make great villains.

New feature episode? Spectacular. Finally, the war-farce is over. And even if I don't really think the Klingons had any right to complain and go to war over the Federation supposedly ignoring the Undine issue originally -- I mean, they still were combating them, just not necessarily doing everything the Klingons demanded (oh, and it could just as easily have been some sort of power grab) -- I loved the look on S'tass's face. "You...admit you were wrong...?" Seriously, that was awesome.

Also THE ICONIANS ARE HERE

Oh and the modifications to ship handling are great. This was something I had considered suggesting back during the deepscort epidemic, since speeding up all ships in general would lead to pilots having less time to react and fire their forward-facing weapons. Of course, it doesn't really have that effect now, what with beamboats being the best, but that'll pass eventually. It still makes everything more awesome, seeing as how we now have Nicors zipping about through the battle, and things just generally being more atmospheric.

I also played through some of the old feature episodes. Wasn't especially fond of the removal of the Obex, but meh. I was also completely shocked when wait is that Cooper? Aaah!

And so the infiltrator wasn't Quinn like we all expected. Interesting. Although he could still theoretically be an infiltrator, but it's unlikely at this point. I still half-expected Quinn and J'mpok to both revert and attack everyone during the ceremony. But we got Iconian Roflstompz instead.

And I was kind of hoping that they would actually blow up Qo'nos. But that would have been a bit too risky, I guess. I just would love to see the Klingon Empire really brought to its knees.

Honestly if you slur as you misspell and tear up the English Language like that? Then it's no wonder you are miserable with the game the way that you carry on like that either people wonder even if you have the maturity comprehension to even post a blog, or just still in school learning your ABC's and 123's.
    edited April 2014
    I am NEVER going into another space battle with Undine involved, it pisses me off too much. Between the giant yellow bubbles that obscure EVERYTHING and don't appear to be more than images, and the infinite lasting, infinite number of "rifts" that seem to be a combination of grav well and Tykens rift that basically stick me in one spot PERMANENTLY regardless of any power combo I use to try and move, I'm just not gonna have any fun. A space battle is fun because I have to move around, maneuver to bring my weapons to bear, get a bead on my target, etc. Even trying to subspace jump behind an enemy landed me right back where I was before, the middle of a bunch of rifts that never go away

This is a real issue. Between cruisers jumping and the nicor's spamming rifts you end up never being able to keep a weapon on target if your using cannons. TBH the issue isn't the individual ships overusing them, it's that every ship that spawns has the same abilities and they're spawning at a very rapid pace because of the death rate meaning you can have several rifts active at the same time and every time you switch to a new cruiser target it probably just spawned in and is to jump as son as you fire.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Except for SWG shut down back in 2012 >_> where you think I came from
    Doom? :D

I gotta agree with Kestrellius, this EP was AWESOME!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    carl103 wrote: »
    This is a real issue. Between cruisers jumping and the nicor's spamming rifts you end up never being able to keep a weapon on target if your using cannons. TBH the issue isn't the individual ships overusing them, it's that every ship that spawns has the same abilities and they're spawning at a very rapid pace because of the death rate meaning you can have several rifts active at the same time and every time you switch to a new cruiser target it probably just spawned in and is to jump as son as you fire.

While annoying I think there is some value to Escorts not being effective against Undine. It forces players to play a different style.

Remember each and every race is different. Their technology is suppose to be unique, and that in turn means what works very well against one group (cannons absolutely ravage Borg due to their massive size and slow speed) wont work so well against another (Undine, able to portal hop around and restrict your movement).

Voth were extremely tough and difficult for me, with their various hold powers and ability to reduce beam attacks to zilch. Then I figured out how they are extremely vulnerable to torpedoes and mines, adjusted my ship accordingly, and went on my merry way of reaping their souls and looting their ships like I do everyone else.

Undine, they are just the next phase of this. A new puzzle to solve.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
    edited April 2014
    You paid for a free game? More fool you...

Wow edwardiend, that's great coming from a guy who doesn't think before he speaks. I mean after all coming from someone like yourself not just addressing the players that actually pay into the game for fun. But also that's directed at those that are Lifetime Members as well. Considering when you THINK about it those Lifetime Members in a way are actually the Gaming/Investors into the game that actually provide the funding for STO itself. But then again being a STARFLEET VETERAN you too probably are also a Lifetime Member and just added yourself to the insult list. BRILLIANT EDWARIANED, BRILLIANT! Congratulations, here's your sign.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    carl103 wrote: »

SO true. Imagine 20 guys trying to kill those stupid planet killers or in the last stage, the undine ships + the voth ships. Impossible. I mean you keep pushing buttons cuz u know someone will eventually get in your targeting systems, but it is only intuition.

Not to mention they hyper lag. 20 guys + 30 enemy ships, its impossible to play. But why im not surprised lol. Everything that cryptic does for the last 1,5 years is TRIBBLE. The first time i played this i was curious, since a lot of people liked it, but seriously?? people have really terrible tastes.

If your group is of 3-4 ships, its ok, but dont bother since it will be almost impossible to get to the end, and if your group is of 20 guys, its a terrible experience. Lag, ghost aims, fireworks everywhere, and you are relying on the typical group of sicimitars that you know they will be the ones that kill the voth city ship. Because you cant aim or move smoothly.Plus those stupid blobs, keeping you from moving, in the end, one of the worst experiences i had in the year ive been playing. Seriously. I dont know if i have the guts to repeat it again lol.

I was not planning to do the undine rep, i was just curious, and after that, well definitely i will pass of the undine reputation. TRIBBLE it.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SO true. Imagine 20 guys trying to kill those stupid planet killers or in the last stage, the undine ships + the voth ships. Impossible. I mean you keep pushing buttons cuz u know someone will eventually get in your targeting systems, but it is only intuition.

Not to mention they hyper lag. 20 guys + 30 enemy ships, its impossible to play. But why im not surprised lol. Everything that cryptic does for the last 1,5 years is TRIBBLE. The first time i played this i was curious, since a lot of people liked it, but seriously?? people have really terrible tastes.

If your group is of 3-4 ships, its ok, but dont bother since it will be almost impossible to get to the end, and if your group is of 20 guys, its a terrible experience. Lag, ghost aims, fireworks everywhere, and you are relying on the typical group of sicimitars that you know they will be the ones that kill the voth city ship. Because you cant aim or move smoothly.Plus those stupid blobs, keeping you from moving, in the end, one of the worst experiences i had in the year ive been playing. Seriously. I dont know if i have the guts to repeat it again lol.

I was not planning to do the undine rep, i was just curious, and after that, well definitely i will pass of the undine reputation. TRIBBLE it.

This is exactly why I save the generic marks from other events to fund the rep.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited April 2014
    Its Obvious Cryptic can do what ever they want, they have.

Many people in many disagree with them on what people want.

The concern is why is Cryptic so disconnected from the player base.

People think if Cryptic does this it this way it will equal more players and more money.

What players see is changes that discourage people from staying in the game.

People can they don't like this and that all they want.

Until threads are created that clearly state want the majority wants.

Someone will keep going with philosophy if we build it they will come.

The problem is that only works for baseball and movies.

What people want is ....

More STF like missions to farm dilithium like we use to have.
    More ways to get dilithium
    Fleet Colony build your own house
    Fleet holdings
    Shuttle Bays
    Cargo Bays
    Bigger Fleet Rosters
    More Fleet banks slots
    More fleet Ranks
    Bug fixes
    More costumes
    More Cstore ships
    Another player faction or playable race
    And
    The option to add a third breast to female characters.

Don't want

More contested zones
    Dilithium Nerfs
    Trait Nerfs
    No bug fixes
    Watered down content
    Revamps of old missions
    Longer grinds
    Bigger non popular changes

Okay first off,

Create a more majority of forums of what the players want? Um, hello? Topic of THIS BLOG IS Season 9. I think the majority has spoken for itself of than one. Demerits for you on that opinion.

Second,

That methodology only works for movies and baseball? Really last I remember that's the same basis also for reality shows like "American Idol", "Dancing with the Stars", "Survivor", "The Voice", and of course many others but just to name a few. No basis to your opinion, more demerits.

Third,

Option to add a third breast to a female character? Seriously, sounds like someone has been studying that feline dancer ONE TOO MANY times at Paradise City on Nimbus III from "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier" and the mutant chick from the original "Total Recall" scene on Mars. But hey we understand if you have an issue of wanting to only see three breast on a female instead of two. That's your fetish. What next eight breast on female Caitians and Ferisians? Because they're feline? BRILLIANT!

Fourth,

Bug fixes? Actually that's not just something that players want. THAT IS A MUST! I mean hell what next this MMO keeps going until we see it shutdown and someone tries to make it into another Emulator like they did with SWG? Then like them, we see the motto, "We Fix What Someone Else Broke"? Trust me that's when I am LMFAO all the way to the bank on that one.

Fifth, and final

Build your own Fleet Colony Home? I'll be honest having a Colony to manage would start making the game really feel more like the original Star Trek and to the core of the franchise itself. I mean heck since that is what the Federation was about as a whole. Explore, seek out new life, new civilizations, and boldly go where no man has gone before. ~Que Star Trek Theme~

Overall Conclusion: Five flaws in your post.
    Sentence: Kolinahr to purge yourself of all those STO emotions. BRILLIANT!
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ghobepong wrote: »
    Okay first off,

Create a more majority of forums of what the players want? Um, hello? Topic of THIS BLOG IS Season 9. I think the majority has spoken for itself of than one. Demerits for you on that opinion.

Second,

That methodology only works for movies and baseball? Really last I remember that's the same basis also for reality shows like "American Idol", "Dancing with the Stars", "Survivor", "The Voice", and of course many others but just to name a few. No basis to your opinion, more demerits.

Third,

Option to add a third breast to a female character? Seriously, sounds like someone has been studying that feline dancer ONE TOO MANY times at Paradise City on Nimbus III from "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier" and the mutant chick from the original "Total Recall" scene on Mars. But hey we understand if you have an issue of wanting to only see three breast on a female instead of two. That's your fetish. What next eight breast on female Caitians and Ferisians? Because they're feline? BRILLIANT!

Fourth,

Bug fixes? Actually that's not just something that players want. THAT IS A MUST! I mean hell what next this MMO keeps going until we see it shutdown and someone tries to make it into another Emulator like they did with SWG? Then like them, we see the motto, "We Fix What Someone Else Broke"? Trust me that's when I am LMFAO all the way to the bank on that one.

Fifth, and final

Build your own Fleet Colony Home? I'll be honest having a Colony to manage would start making the game really feel more like the original Star Trek and to the core of the franchise itself. I mean heck since that is what the Federation was about as a whole. Explore, seek out new life, new civilizations, and boldly go where no man has gone before. ~Que Star Trek Theme~

Overall Conclusion: Five flaws in your post.
    Sentence: Kolinahr to purge yourself of all those STO emotions. BRILLIANT!

Flawed yes, but I do like the idea of a Fleet Holding that's a Colony. I know his post was about building a HOME, but expanding on that I can see some serious potential here.

T1 Village
    T2 Town
    T3 City

The trick is how do you make something like this worthwhile? What would be the reward/payoff for building a Colony up?
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
    edited April 2014
    rgzarcher wrote: »
    Flawed yes, but I do like the idea of a Fleet Holding that's a Colony. I know his post was about building a HOME, but expanding on that I can see some serious potential here.

T1 Village
    T2 Town
    T3 City

The trick is how do you make something like this worthwhile? What would be the reward/payoff for building a Colony up?

Totally agree with you rgzarcher on that one.
    edited April 2014
    While annoying I think there is some value to Escorts not being effective against Undine. It forces players to play a different style.

Remember each and every race is different. Their technology is suppose to be unique, and that in turn means what works very well against one group (cannons absolutely ravage Borg due to their massive size and slow speed) wont work so well against another (Undine, able to portal hop around and restrict your movement).

Voth were extremely tough and difficult for me, with their various hold powers and ability to reduce beam attacks to zilch. Then I figured out how they are extremely vulnerable to torpedoes and mines, adjusted my ship accordingly, and went on my merry way of reaping their souls and looting their ships like I do everyone else.

Undine, they are just the next phase of this. A new puzzle to solve.

Thing is depending on when they jump where they jump to it hits cruisers just as hard as there's a delay between the jump and the re-emerge, as a result a significant chunk of the duration of a FAW could be lost and the power drain + mobility hit gets cruisers just as much as escorts. It's not just cannon builds this is annoying in, it's any build.
  • robobigtimerobobigtime Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I call it the season I stopped spending real money in the CStore. It's just not worth it.
    Farm dil, buy Z, buy keys, sell keys, buy stuff.