test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (April 24, 2014) [Complete]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, April 24th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You had to do it, did you? You had to prove all those people who say there will be daily patching right did you?

I'll just post this again.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i checked tribble recently, how do you know it's resolved, the graphic crash if it's not on tribble?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    i checked tribble recently, how do you know it's resolved, the graphic crash if it's not on tribble?
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.40.20140330a.23

Resolved an issue which was causing a graphic related crash when attempting to log in at the loading screen.

Tribble notes posted a few minutes ago. Go check now on Tribble if they have taken it online yet.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    thanks mate!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thats fine, I have got notifications coming through from STODEVTRACKER on Twit, and I keep watch for Tribble notes.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    yeah, i was watching the forums, checked it but must had checked before the update, anyways, testing now...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It works! Loading, the error does say graphics reset, but it doesn't crash. Graphics aren't the best, but hey, it's working so I don't care... I can fix it, YES!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So tholian reward packs you get from doing the repeatable missions on Nukara Prime have been removed from the game?

That's news to me.

I hate that place anyway. Boring as hell and not worth the trouble for Nukara marks.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No offense, but that still leaves the "Magically unequipping Active Duty DOffs" and the "Unresetting Hourly Rep Projects", along with others, not only not fixed...

But not even listed under 'known issues'.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to think problems like that - issues that effect actual gameplay - would somehow take priority over whether an NPC is transmitting from 'New' ESD or 'Old' ESD...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No offense, but that still leaves the "Magically unequipping Active Duty DOffs" and the "Unresetting Hourly Rep Projects", along with others, not only not fixed...

But not even listed under 'known issues'.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to think problems like that - issues that effect actual gameplay - would somehow take priority over whether an NPC is transmitting from 'New' ESD or 'Old' ESD...

I'd bet they're taking care of low-hanging fruit while working on the bigger stuff... I hope.

That said, the Bajoran / Gorn / Lethean / some other races having the "Skill Invalid" bug and being unable to see any of their rep traits and most of their species traits hasn't been fixed yet (or included in the known issues... too big of a problem to put in the known issues?). I have an acknowledgement from the bugs forum that the bug has been reproduced and the software team is working on it. I just wonder how long it'll take to fix... I have exactly ONE character, my Bajoran Engineer, and he's gimped right now.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to to homework or something to pass the time. The horror.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    In the patch notes it says that there is a known issue about not being able to double click kits to equip them, but you can. I've equipped both old and new kits today and yesterday by double clicking them from my inventory.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    jeepfujeepfu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So what about the issue that no one can buy Common quality Kit Modules from Ground Vendors with Energy Credits despite the Season 9 notes saying that we should be able to?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    would you quit your whining? they were trying to get people into the game... yes there's other errors to be fixed, but they're trying, and with such a low budget they gotta do 1 thing at a time
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2014
    There are actually other players in this game? I thought they were just npcs with varying levels of AI. - starkaos

(sound of geese arguing) Priceless.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    (sound of geese arguing) Priceless.

It's why I added it to my sig... I laughed so hard...
  • Options
    vincentrpvincentrp Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Try saving current loadout again and re-load that loadout. That fixed it for me.

This happened to me every time i move out of ESD.

"Magically unequipping Active Duty DOffs"
  • Options
    daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    would you quit your whining? they were trying to get people into the game... yes there's other errors to be fixed, but they're trying, and with such a low budget they gotta do 1 thing at a time

Low budged? PWE?!

PWE has a market capitalization of $959.27 Million and they are making millions of $ net profit every month.

Low budget... i wish i would have a fraction of such a low budget! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    maybe I should had added a /tongueincheek
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited April 2014
    So no acknowledgment about:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1090171

"Can't respec or spend skill points."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    So no acknowledgment about:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1090171

"Can't respec or spend skill points."

Cryptic frost acknowledged it in reply to my post in Season 9 Bugs list forum.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16526661&postcount=28

The problem still hasn't made it to the patch "known issues" list yet, but according to this, they are aware of it.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ahh cool. BZ fix. I can see myself spending some time in there, just had to have it working properly. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited April 2014
    saeyn wrote: »
    Cryptic frost acknowledged it in reply to my post in Season 9 Bugs list forum.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16526661&postcount=28

The problem still hasn't made it to the patch "known issues" list yet, but according to this, they are aware of it.

Thanks for the update hopefully it gets fixed soon, Now if I could quit hearing the FE dialogue whenever I go to the tailor. Thought they figured it out with the last FE having the same problem.
    :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kenthendkenthend Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well I must say this, in my opinion, has been a great start to a Season. It seems they are on top of things and I haven't had any major issues I like it that the season was released early in the week to give the devs time to make fixes. So hats off to ya.

One thing and this would be a perfect season and this goes to Cpt Smirks: Please continue with the graduation pack to the recent PVP boot camp grads.

Adm Kenthend signing off
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kenthend wrote: »
    Well I must say this, in my opinion, has been a great start to a Season. It seems they are on top of things and I haven't had any major issues I like it that the season was released early in the week to give the devs time to make fixes. So hats off to ya.

Hrmm...would be niftier if so many of the issues hadn't been brought up weeks ago on Tribble and still made it to live...eh?
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wasn't the whole point on releasing it on Tuesday meant that you didnt have to do daily patching if you did proper testing before realeasing then you will not need to do this
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    Wasn't the whole point on releasing it on Tuesday meant that you didnt have to do daily patching if you did proper testing before realeasing then you will not need to do this

Isn't it obvious?

Tac: Captain, Undine ships on invasive approach.
    Captain: Raise shields, ready bio-molecular torpedos.
    Tac: We cannot do that, Captain, we don't have any bio-molecular torpedos.
    Captain: When were we supposed to be issued with them?
    Tactical: Next Tuesday.

Yeah, bad "Generations" joke, cliche, I should feel bad... I still thought it was funny.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    ardargoardargo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The option to select the limited time fleet projects is not available even though we are still well within the time frame for the projects to be available again. Plz fix.
  • Options
    pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "150 lobi returned for those players who bought the overpriced undine hand cannon from the lobi store,thank you for supporting Sto."
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    robeasom wrote: »

Quite the opposite actually. The reason they launch seasons on Tuesday is so they have Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to put out as many bug fixes as they can before the weekend. They don't put out patches on Saturday, Sunday, and hardly ever on Monday. About the only time they do is if the servers crash and they decide to put out the patch early while working to get the servers back up.

Players would be screaming if they had a patch only on Friday then we went 2 or more days before they fixed any more of the major bugs. Edit: I mean they would scream even more about stuff not being fixed.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So far so good. Nice to see the bugs being fixed. Season doesn't have a rough start on my side.

I encountered several small bugs that don't bother me, but there was one bug that was kinda annoying. Players are unable to create a private queue for Undine Assault, both normal and Elite. I filed a bug report, and if I can ever find the number again I'll make a decent forum post in the proper location.

No rush in this, just keep fixing things, I know you will eliminate the worst bugs in time.
This discussion has been closed.