test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where'd my dmg go? / How to get it back?

eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Academy
I copied my main to Tribble and noticed a space damage reduction:

On Holodeck/S8 my Caustic Plasma DHC does 716.6 Plasma Damage (477.7 dps)
On Tribble/S9 my Caustic Plasma DHC does 690.5 Plasma Damage (460.3 dps)
Omega Plasma Torpedo S8 does 4032.7 dps / S9 does 3873.6 dps.

I believe it's from the removal of "Omega Weapon Training" which is +30 Starship Weapons Training. All of my "Skill-Based Stats: Space" are the same on both servers except Starship Weapons Training. It's 129 on Holodeck, 99 on Tribble.

Am I correct on where the damage loss is coming from? Is there any way to get the +30 back in Season 9? I could not find any reputation powers that give this base damage back.
Post edited by eagledraco on

Comments

• fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Omega weapon training has been changed to a flat 10 weapon damage (all weapons if I'm not mistaken). So no, you will not have the 30 weapon training come tomorrow.

But chances are that you'll do more damage overall with S9 rep changes. Most of the best powers are at tier 2. But with the numbers you listed, I assume you're a sci with high aux, so try the tier 4 Nukara Aux Offense power. That may help things.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,226 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Unless something has changed the flat 10 weapon damage has been removed as well.
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    LOL my damage is that bad? No, I'm not a sci.

I am Rom Tac in Mirror Ha'Feh Warbird with Plasma Infuser XI Purple / XI Blue / XI Blue / Ambiplasma Envelope XI Blue. Weapon Power at 125 Idle. Plasmonic Leech also slotted

T5 Omega / T5 Romulan. T0 Everything else. Couldn't play with Undine Rep on Tribble, guess I will have to try it since I see nothing else to replace the lost damage.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Unless something has changed the flat 10 weapon damage has been removed as well.

Correct, there was no +10 dmg under Omega. It's some entirely new passive. I forgot what it is but it did not boost base damage.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Your dmg was nerfed. Courtesy of Hawk.

It was believed that new players, boo-hoo, might turn away for not immediately being on par with veteran players. So, everyone's reps got nerfed for 50%.

It was also believed that proving so untrustworthy would encourage ppl to do more reps... no wait, got confused now.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »

It was believed that new players, boo-hoo, might turn away for not immediately being on par with veteran players. So, everyone's reps got nerfed for 50%.

It was also believed that proving so untrustworthy would encourage ppl to do more reps... no wait, got confused now.

Nope, not everyone.
    Many individual rep powers are now stronger.

Not everyone has actually mastered all 4 pre-existing reputations.
    If you only brought 2 reputations to Tier 2, for example, you would now recieve a serious buff, because you can slot all 4 ground and space reputation passives of these reputations, you'd get at least double the current benefit, possibly more (depending on how the passives were changed).

Hmm. Maybe one should go through the reputations and see what the best selection of reputations woul be if you only go to Tier 2 on any reputation? Developing the perfect progression path that gives you the best passives first... Hmm.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

And this is the way cryptic thinks, because they dont have a clue how to improve the game instead of making it worst. Every beginner needs to start from the bottom. Its common sense. And it is the natural rule of progressin in a MMORPG. But as i said, cryptic keep doing a "great" job day after day lol.
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eagledraco wrote: »
    I copied my main to Tribble and noticed a space damage reduction:

On Holodeck/S8 my Caustic Plasma DHC does 716.6 Plasma Damage (477.7 dps)
    On Tribble/S9 my Caustic Plasma DHC does 690.5 Plasma Damage (460.3 dps)
    Omega Plasma Torpedo S8 does 4032.7 dps / S9 does 3873.6 dps.

I believe it's from the removal of "Omega Weapon Training" which is +30 Starship Weapons Training. All of my "Skill-Based Stats: Space" are the same on both servers except Starship Weapons Training. It's 129 on Holodeck, 99 on Tribble.

Am I correct on where the damage loss is coming from? Is there any way to get the +30 back in Season 9? I could not find any reputation powers that give this base damage back.

Have you fill up your traits?
    I think with boost to individual powers you should do more or less same damage over time, but you will probably see less DPS on tooltip.

Then again, need to take calculator and check every little bit to be sure :)
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why are you complaining? We got a new shiny ESD, you know, the one we desperately needed.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited April 2014
    Why are you complaining? We got a new shiny ESD, you know, the one we desperately needed.

lol. Cryptic could used that time and effort to solve those really important bugs that are really bothering a lot of people. But instead, they chose to waste time and efforts on a new esd. Well, that is how cryptic works and sadly, that is what people wants over anything else (as i noticed in these forums, even if we are not even 30% of the players base) and people really doesnt care anymore about bugs, they only want NEW content, unfortunately. Maybe because probably a high percentaje of these forums are filled with kids, nothing more. Its a shame, actually.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lol. Cryptic could used that time and effort to solve those really important bugs that are really bothering a lot of people.

Can't believe I'm saying this (I'm usally on the other side of the argument), but the guy designing the new ESD (Tacofangs) is not the one taking care of bugs: that would be... well, nobody, really. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Can't believe I'm saying this (I'm usally on the other side of the argument), but the guy designing the new ESD (Tacofangs) is not the one taking care of bugs: that would be... well, nobody, really. :P

So?.. i dont see your point. And btw, you are very clueless if you think it is only 1 guy who did the redesign of the ESD lol...

I dont care. It just was not necessary. It happened because people that are not worried about all the bugs, the only thing they want is new content, new things and revamped things. They dont care a fkkk about the game going down month after month due to so many bugs.

Was the ESD bugged??? NO. Was an impractical zone?? NO. What was wrong with it?? NOTHING.

So, there was no necessity of re-design. Why they will redesing the ESD and not the First City or New Romulus (Command center or watever)??. In my opinion, the first city is far worst than the ESD, but meh, it is a klingon stuff so..
    edited April 2014
    Have you fill up your traits?
    I think with boost to individual powers you should do more or less same damage over time, but you will probably see less DPS on tooltip.

Then again, need to take calculator and check every little bit to be sure :)

Yes, I was able to make identical character traits on Tribble. My Space-Based Stats were identical except for the +30 Weapon Training. I just wanted to be clear that I was correct where the damage loss was coming from - the Omega Rep Changes it seems.

Normally I would not care about loosing some damage but with S9 they removed XI Borg Sets from the game. Now I have to do ISE to get the gear. Was trying to make my damage better for Elites. I will just take the suggestion about taking T2 rep powers and go from there.

About the ESD revamp - As a mostly KDF player I am jealous. I remember Dan Stahl telling us KDF missions would be revamped to use the new First City maps. That was in what? Season 3 or 4? Still not done - they use Season 1 maps. While ESD has been revamped like 3 or 4 times now.

Seems like a waste of resources to me. But ESD is where people drop their Shiny Purple Lock-Box & Uber-Fleet items, making everyone else want to spend money to get one. If it's the #1 social hub in game, it's also the #1 marketing hub in game. And that's what will get dev resource priority. Disappointing but its just how it is.
    edited April 2014
    Still it is not necessary. In a few weeks or even sooner, nobody will remember why they were so happy when the new esd launched. And they will receive another ESD revamp, lol, if not with time. And they will be happy again, because it is something new. And i could go on...

I never understood the necessity of a new ESD. I loved the old one, and things like social chats and overwheelming non sense conversations will be always there no matter what ESD you are in.
    edited April 2014
    Another question - I have a KDF Liberated Borg Captain, used to have "Efficient Captain" trait. Is missing now with Season 9 Traits. Weapon Power used to be at 124, now it is 122.

Another nerf or bugged?

Edit - It's bugged. Efficient Bonus is active but doesn't show in Trait List.
  • zaerethzaereth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still it is not necessary. In a few weeks or even sooner, nobody will remember why they were so happy when the new esd launched. And they will receive another ESD revamp, lol, if not with time. And they will be happy again, because it is something new. And i could go on...

I never understood the necessity of a new ESD. I loved the old one, and things like social chats and overwheelming non sense conversations will be always there no matter what ESD you are in.

As a veteran player im sure you were used to the old esd, as a new player I can absolutely attest to how much better the new ESD is. I dont mean visually, although I enjoy the new look, I'm referring to navigation. The old ESD was much more difficult to find starship reqs and many other areas until you learned the layout and where everything was from experience. With the new ESD from the moment I set foot onto it I easily found every facility needed

Also as stated, People who work on Design projects are typically not the same Devs that will be working on System Bugs.

From what I read, basically you're mad Cryptic hasn't fixed some bugs or things you believe should be changed, but attacking the work on the new ESD isnt going to change that. Personally I am going to choose to thank them for the work on the new ESD and hope they will address balance and bug issues with the same expertise in the near future.
  • rondorarondora Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So?.. i dont see your point. And btw, you are very clueless if you think it is only 1 guy who did the redesign of the ESD lol...

I dont care. It just was not necessary. It happened because people that are not worried about all the bugs, the only thing they want is new content, new things and revamped things. They dont care a fkkk about the game going down month after month due to so many bugs.

Was the ESD bugged??? NO. Was an impractical zone?? NO. What was wrong with it?? NOTHING.

So, there was no necessity of re-design. Why they will redesing the ESD and not the First City or New Romulus (Command center or watever)??. In my opinion, the first city is far worst than the ESD, but meh, it is a klingon stuff so..

your right it was more than one, it was 3. others looked at the drawings and gave some input but only 3 did the work, and again as pointed out before the art people are not the bug fixing people, which are not the mission design people.