test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Low lvl PvP idea

plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Biggest problem with PvP in STO is that players are thrown into "meat grinder" with every queue , lack of good gear and basic knowledge of what you can expect in PvP will drive people out of queues.

1.) Cryptic must create low rank based PvP queues that will act as PvP tutorials and introduce PvP to new players without them being slaughtered , there would be no rewards of any kind to stop grifers from entering it.
Queues would be set per ranks: Lieutenant vs Lieutenant
Lieutenant C. vs Lieutenant C.
Commander vs Commander
Captain vs Captain
etc....
These pvp queues will be unlocked as player lvl up through main game content(missions) , with every rank he will unlock matching pvp queue. Ships in these queues will use gear and boff abilitys that match their lvl , that way there is no unfair play because everything will be balanced. With every rank a new boff abilityes and gear will be unlocked and with each rank that they pass they will learn more about pvp.

2.) Low lvl C-store ships will have another use beside lvl-ing up with them , right now they have only 1 use and after that they are removed from our ship list. With this new low lvl pvp queues they will have another use and with it the new purpose because lots of these ships are great looking and bring us nostalgia...who wouldnt like to use them in active pvp.

3.) Private pvp queues will have option to choose these low rank queues for player tournaments or to teach new fleet members/friends in tactic and teamwork without use of op ships(in comparison with their ships).

This may not fix pvp in a long run but it will provide all new/old players that are not Hardcore pvp players with another way to learn about pvp without getting crushed just because you are not familiar with it.

sry for bad english :(.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by plox21 on

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    understandable,

my fleet tries to balance it out and the newer, weaker players don't get targeted so much early on, while the more PVP experienced players duke it out.

Although I've been known to kill those newer players with FAW and APB
  • Options
    i8472i8472 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm really not sure what you're trying to propose?

the Que is already level locked. a level 40-49 can't play with a level 1- 9 or 10-19 or 20-29 or 30-39 or level 50-59?

The Que is fine. let them learn like everyone else has.

*(I may have totally missed what you're trying to say. sorry.)
  • Options
    wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited April 2014
    Then the PvEers should not have pissed all over the KDF, it used to be the faction you had to level through PvP.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes: