test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

S9: What reps are you slotting?

wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
Well, love it or hate it, the changes to the rep system are here. Curious to see how others are determining which rep traits to keep and when, depending on build.

Space:
I picked the boosts to critical hits and severity from the Romulan and Dyson lines as staples. On my torpedo boat, I went with the Tholian boosts to offense and defense since my aux is set so high on that ship. Went with the boosts to damage resists and shield regen on my aux2bat cruiser. Pretty sure those aren't the best options, but I need to test things out.

Ground:
Again, boosts to crits as my two staples. Considering the Omega boost to damage and Romulan boost to capacity, but I've not done any ground combat yet.

How about you?
Post edited by wanderintx on

Comments

• Options
    wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited April 2014
    still trying to figure which are good and actually seem to work and which ones are window dressing. This is all for a Tac Fleet Qin.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good question! If I never switched traits around (like before S9)

For my part:

Space:
    Enhance Shield Penetrate (Nukara T2)
    Aux. Power Configuration - Defense (Nukara T4)
    Aux. Power Configuration - Offense (Nukara T4)
    Precision (Romulan T2)

Ground:
    Identify Vulnerability (Nukara T1)
    Lethality (Romulan T1)
    Omega Weapon Proficiency (Omega T1)
    Reactive Shielding (Romulan T3)
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Space:
    I've slotted the T4 Nukara Aux Offensive & Defensive powers since I run the tac Vesta. I also use the T2 Dyson Crit severity power and T2 Rom Crit Severity power to round out the last two powers

Ground:
    I use the same basic setup where I use the T1 Rom crit chance & T1 Dyson crit severity powers along with the T1 Omega medical nanaites & T1 Nukara Indomitable and T3 Rom Reactive Shielding powers.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Space:
    Crit chance
    Crit severity
    Tacs get the two traits with bonus to hull resists, to make up for loss from borg 2-pc
    Engi and Sci have high aux all the time so they got the two aux traits

Ground:
    Crit chance
    Crit severity
    Omega Weapon Proficiency buff to weapon and melee damage
    Integrated Nanofibers buff to resists
  • Options
    chiselheadchiselhead Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ya the changes are here unfortunatly, personaly I don't care about what reps you have slotted when I've had so many of them taken from me, and a trait slot too some kind of genetic sequencer to give an extra trait with extra slot, ya I'm not to happy about it, go figure, its things like this that have me strating to question the moral values of the dev team, what good person takes back the things they've given, just sayin
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Space
    Crit Chance
    Crit Severity
    +1 Offensive Trait (AUX, Omega Graviton, Tactical Advantage, whatever)
    +1 Defensive Trait (+Hull or +Shield Regen)

Ground
    Don't care.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Slotting all the damage boosts I have. Why would anyone do anything else? PvE is a cakewalk.

I'm waiting until I have tier 2 8472 to do some post S9 launch PvPing. Must have all the accuracy!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's not worth my time thinking about some badguys dying a fraction of a second faster or not, so I just scrolled through the list and put on the first damage boosts that came up. The whole feature was all about getting more for me, so now I'm stuck with 4 for the forseeable future I couldn't care less.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I went the same as a few other people have said for space.

Crit H and crit D from romulan and dyson reps and then the nukara offensive and defensive boosts.

Ground wise I never bothered win ground stuff anyway to be honest so not looked at them other than picking anything that boosts crits.

Can't be bothered swapping them out all the time so I'll just stick with them.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My toon is a Bajoran so right now I'm not slotting any traits since I'm locked out of them with the "Invalid Skills" bug.

Sigh.

When I CAN, I'll probably use both Nukara 4 traits, and the Romulan and Dyson critical traits, as others have suggested.
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Right now I'm using...

Precision
    Advanced Targeting
    Aux Config: Offense
    Sensor Targeting Assault

Might have to throw in a defensive trait at some point since they nerfed my Borg 2-piece. :(

RCK
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still figuring out what to use, but on non-A2B ships I think I'm probably just going to use both T2 Rom (CrtH, +shields) and both T4 Nukara. And the A2B cruiser gets the two T2 Rom and both T4 Dyson passives.

Tried Omega Kinetic Shearing on a torp boat and I don't think it's working right, but I don't have patience for experimentation.