test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So Cryptic with another Dilithium Nerf.

dark4blooddark4blood Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
So they removed the ability to get multiple neural processors but supposedly increased the amount of Omega Marks you receive. However, they didn't actually increase anything, they just removed the neural processors and increased the possibility of receiving some additional marks that, but overall you don't receive ANY additional marks on a constant basis.

Previously you received:

Minimum with Optional: 75 marks & 1 neural New with with Optional: 75 marks & 1 neural

Minimum W/O Optional: 60 marks & 1 neural New Minimum W/O Optional: 60 marks & 1 neural

^Nothing really changed here.

Maximum with Optional: 115 marks & 11 neural New Maximum with Optional: 75 marks & 55 additional marks = 130 marks

Now if you do the calculations it take 50 marks to get 500 dilithium and now we only get 15 more marks for the removal of 10 neural processors. Remember when Cryptic said they would SIGNIFICANTLY increase Omega Marks with the removal of multiple neural processors? Well I am wondering how is 15 marks a SIGNIFICANT INCREASE! Back to the calculations we have lost.

So, it takes 5 neural processors to get 1000 dilithium, thus if you got 11 that means you would have 3960 dilithium from one mission with 15 omega marks and 1 neural processor left over to add to future missions rewards. That has now been reduced to 1460 dilithium with 30 marks left over for the future.

So, that is a loss of 1500 dilithium per mission not including the fact that the additional neural processor left over has more value than the 30 additional marks in the long run.

I ask this Cryptic, if you are going to nerf DON'T LIE TO US, I think it is pathetic you just couldn't say that to balance the economy of the game we are reducing possible dilithium earned from Borg STF missions. It is sad that not only did you nerf the reputation system and the reputation powers, but you also felt the need to LIE and completely nerf dilithium earning from STF mission YOU call an ENDGAME! Thanks again Cryptic for rewarding your loyal players with more nerfs and regurgitating gameplay.
Post edited by dark4blood on

Comments

• architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I thought also there was an earth shattering jackpot of 55 marks for the daily.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well those changes were not new, although they are annoying as hell.

But what really scares me: did a little infected this morning because I was up early (that's a first) and I didn't even get the usual dillithum reward we usually get.
    Was that a bug or intention?
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Isnt it also only 3 neural processor's for the 1k now? Like with the voth thingies?
    giphy.gif
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dark4blood wrote: »
    ^That 130 includes the earth shattering 55 marks, thus you get 75 OP or 60 no OP fixed when you used to get random 95 marks, 115 marks and 6 neural processors, 10 neural processors. They nerfed the hell out of these missions.

add to that that they took away our bonus mark reputation hours last season. :(
  • enderssoupenderssoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this hurts
    Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?
    obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Getting 6 or 11 BNPs at the end of an STF was one of my favourite things in STO.

Cryptic new what they were doing when they removed it, but the trouble is, it's like the kids game "Kerplunk", you pull out one straw at a time till all the marbles final fall. This nerf and the rep powers nerf are my final straw.

My marbles have now dropped, time for a break.
  • section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Honestly what is the point of doing missions and getting to T-5 when you can't even bring the rewards to the table. You only have so many slots for traits. Now they have limited us again.

Instead of the current nerf-handing why don't they increase the cap levels? Give us some more experience points in specing out our toons. And for once let US decide how we want to spend them insead of diviving them between ground and space.
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    im betting you did not see what the next event is that Cryptic is doing which is double dilithium also the rewards in the missions themseves may have gotten lower but dilith payout is still the same via the rep system
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For me, it means I will only do 1 of each type rep mission per day.

What stinks is this creates a maddening supply of invisible cooldowns. Will I get the bonus marks or am I too soon? Spin the wheel and find out!

I commend them for giving us a dilithium weekend coming up. Boy do I have a lot of processors to turn in at 3 per. This should buy me enough buffer to deal with the nerf for some time.

But I did enjoy the 11 processors. I'll be missing them.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neos472 wrote: »
    im betting you did not see what the next event is that Cryptic is doing which is double dilithium also the rewards in the missions themseves may have gotten lower but dilith payout is still the same via the rep system

It depends on how many STFs you're playing. If you just run a single STF a day, payout will stay about the same with the 55 bonus marks you're getting for the first complettion. After the first one, removing the chance for additional marks and tech has you earing less than before, even when taking into account that it's now only 3 tech per turn-in.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's just not right, Cryptic.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I read about the decrease in BNP drops a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it is a shame, but there's not much people can do about it. Having said that when doing eSTF prior to season 9 I more or less focused exclusively on the Borg missions to get as many BNP as possible.

For now it is something I am merely collecting...

BTW, I asked the following question in the Rep System sub-forum, but after about 25 views no has been able to answer my question...

I stated doing the Omega and Dyson Rep last week. I had no problems completing Tier 1. I believe after filling up the rep points requirement to achieve Tier 1 there was a little project to actually complete Tier 1 and move on to Tier 2.

I have fulfilled the required rep points for Tier 2. However, the only available projects are for gear like the Dyson / Omega / MACO personal shield and a Dyson / Omega console (can't remember). There are no other projects available. Do I simply need do the gear project to complete Tier 2 and move on to Tier 3?

Thx
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Getting 6 or 11 BNPs at the end of an STF was one of my favourite things in STO.

Mine was actually the previous lot drop system where getting a drop actually felt like "JACKPOT !!" .
    The whole BNP system seemed like a pale substitute , but ppl liked it and more got to "win" so I was ok with that for the sake of others .

Then came the Season 7 Dil neft of the STF's and the following collective outrage .
    And now we come to a different version of the Season 7 nerf and there is almost no outrage .
    This by itself I don't understand .
    This coming on top of the nerfs we've had in the past 2 seasons , makes me understand even less .

Cryptic new what they were doing when they removed it, but the trouble is, it's like the kids game "Kerplunk", you pull out one straw at a time till all the marbles final fall. This nerf and the rep powers nerf are my final straw.

I saw this coming in the past few weeks too .
    And I saw the minimal resistance to it .
    And it made me sad and come to some of your conclusions .
    I commend them for giving us a dilithium weekend coming up.

Yeah , one in every 3-4 months ?
    Is that what the "weekend warriors" were celebrating when they took the bonus hours away ?

I'm sorry , but if New Players to the game would know what's in store for them and how much of a Zero Chance they now have of starting Fresh and building a Starbase with all these nerfs ... .
    It's just sad .
  • lirokailirokai Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I thought they were making enough bank with the lockboxes, guess they also have to drive the value of dilithium up so that people pay more Zen for them.

But yah, they're pretty much snuffing dilithium routes where they can. From the Dyson commendation dailies to ICE. Surprised there wasn't more of a protest...or if there was, died down quickly in the 'look! we're changing how reps work!'
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What stinks is this creates a maddening supply of invisible cooldowns. Will I get the bonus marks or am I too soon? Spin the wheel and find out!

Heartily seconded. Invisible cooldowns are a pita. If this really is the season of sorting out mechanisms, I'd really like this to be addressed.
    I commend them for giving us a dilithium weekend coming up. Boy do I have a lot of processors to turn in at 3 per. This should buy me enough buffer to deal with the nerf for some time.

These dilithium weekends need to be on a regularised basis.

At the moment, I suspect Cryptic thrown them in when they think we're getting restless.

Which is not, in my view, a sensible or productive approach. For every player who goes 'yay, more dil', there'll be someone who thinks 'how cynical' and decides not to open their wallet.

Stick them, and the marks weekends, on a schedule. Let's say every tenth weekend its bonus dil time, every twelth bonus marks.

At least let us plan ahead.
    edited April 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Heartily seconded. Invisible cooldowns are a pita. If this really is the season of sorting out mechanisms, I'd really like this to be addressed.

These dilithium weekends need to be on a regularised basis.

At the moment, I suspect Cryptic thrown them in when they think we're getting restless.

Which is not, in my view, a sensible or productive approach. For every player who goes 'yay, more dil', there'll be someone who thinks 'how cynical' and decides not to open their wallet.

Stick them, and the marks weekends, on a schedule. Let's say every tenth weekend its bonus dil time, every twelth bonus marks.

At least let us plan ahead.

That about sums it up.
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gentlemen. If you would take a moment to stop foaming from the mouth I wish to bring something to all your attentions.

Before S9 dropped excess marks could be turned in at a rate of 50 marks for 500 dil. That is a 1:10 ratio. Now in addition to that we have the new hourlies on all reps. 15 marks gets you 340 dil. Or a ratio of 1:22.67 which is a noted increase.

Yes it is time gated behind a lengthy 60 min gate vs a 15 second one, but if you have the patience the pay out is more then double in the long run. The really long run as it is. I don't know about you gentlemen, but I'm off to begin my 310 hour journey.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What gets me is they spent so much time on this and still haven't fixed that darned texture bug! It hit again last night?!? I admit limits on the dilithium are necessary but cmon this was a surefire way of getting some good currency for a change.

I agree with another poster on here, less time on nerfs more on bug fixes.
    edited April 2014
    Gentlemen. If you would take a moment to stop foaming from the mouth I wish to bring something to all your attentions.

Before S9 dropped excess marks could be turned in at a rate of 50 marks for 500 dil. That is a 1:10 ratio. Now in addition to that we have the new hourlies on all reps. 15 marks gets you 340 dil. Or a ratio of 1:22.67 which is a noted increase.

Yes it is time gated behind a lengthy 60 min gate vs a 15 second one, but if you have the patience the pay out is more then double in the long run. The really long run as it is. I don't know about you gentlemen, but I'm off to begin my 310 hour journey.

Right now hourlies are not running right for everyone. It said 3 per rep per 20 hour run, some get to slot one maybe two. Some do not get experience. Hourlies also are inefficient for experience. More importantly, what about the 4 reps I have finished? Can I do hourlies for those?
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oh wow i cant belive they done this so we will now have 1 hour cap to give 15 marks for 300 dill ?......

someone pls explain me how this is not bad?and how is this better then to give 50 marks in 15 sec and geting my 500 dill ?
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have no idea what game you guys are playing ...

I did a "NORMAL" Infected space last night, got 15 marks as usual PLUS a box with 55 'Bonus Marks' ... I have never EVER received that many marks for a "normal" STF before ... It's a new toon, so I didn't bother with an elite last night, but perhaps there IS a bug in the payouts.

However I DID notice that simply filling the requirements for rep XP projects, instantly grants you a "gift box' ... In around 1/2 hour of 1 Omega + 1 Romulan Patrol Daily and 1 Tholian RA Daily, I got 6 "gifts" = 2 each for Omega, Romulan, and Nukara.

These boxes had various XI Rep items in them, the same stuff you used to have to "unlock' first, then pay a small fortune in Dil for, plus 1 really, really sweet XII Sonic Antiproton Sniper Rilfe ...

And that still left me with a few extra marks, plus the XP projects are running in the background.

So yeah ... I'm not complaining
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    not happy

not at all
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • jimqqijimqqi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Yes because I'm going to turn 40k omega marks into dil 15 at a time...
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Honestly this is the least of the nerfs we got with this season.

At least they left the Voth battlezone alone. There you can get 8k dil relativly fast.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • regulusff7regulusff7 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »

At least they left the Voth battlezone alone. There you can get 8k dil relativly fast.

SHHHHHH, don't say it out loud. They will hear you!!
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »

Oh good grief, you jinxed it now.......
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not only that is nerfed. You get only one Daily for the whole account. Meaning, when you do it for example with your Fed, you can forget it for your KDF/Romulan alt. BTW, this new rewarding system for the STF was not in the announced changes of Season 9 : http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1088331
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neos472 wrote: »

And where did you see this?
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not only that is nerfed. You get only one Daily for the whole account. Meaning, when you do it for example with your Fed, you can forget it for your KDF/Romulan alt. BTW, this new rewarding system for the STF was not in the announced changes of Season 9 : http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1088331

This is not true, I just did STF on 2 characters. Both got the 55 Marks Daily Bonus.

All the nerfs were announced if you kept up with dev tracker. They told us they would be removing "jackpots" of getting 6-11 neural processors per run. And removal of 100+ Marks jackpots because of the new 55 Daily bonus.

One of the STFs I just ran failed the Optional but I still got 115 marks from it. 60 for completion, 55 Daily Bonus.