test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's patch day and nobody bothered to show up?

emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
So I got back from work roughly three hours after scheduled maintenance was completed and Season 9 was officially opened. The PvE queue had perhaps sixty players queued or playing. Ten to twenty were actually engaged in the new Undine content.

So what happened? Did Season 9 really fail as badly to impress as I suspect it did?
Post edited by emacsheadroom on

Comments

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    can you share where you got these numbers, becasue cryptic sure did not release any?:confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    can you share where you got these numbers, becasue cryptic sure did not release any?:confused:

I logged on and looked at the PvE queue. You can see the number of active and queued players there. I saw roughly sixty, maybe a little more.
  • unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

He got the numbers from the same place people who say "How can there be global warming, it's cold outside right now" get their numbers :cool:
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah it's a little weird. I'm looking at the queues right now.

Undine Assault: 15 players
    Undine Assault Elite : 0 players
    Undine Infiltration: 0 players
    Undine Infiltration Elite: 0 players
    Viscous Cycle: 5 players
    Vixcous Cycle Elite: 0 players

:eek:
    edited April 2014
    He got the numbers from the same place people who say "How can there be global warming, it's cold outside right now" get their numbers :cool:

Thankyou for posting something meaningless in order to sound cool, rather than recognizing that the guy you responded to had failed to properly read my first post. Just like you failed to. :cool:
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So I got back from work roughly three hours after scheduled maintenance was completed and Season 9 was officially opened. The PvE queue had perhaps sixty players queued or playing. Ten to twenty were actually engaged in the new Undine content.

So what happened? Did Season 9 really fail as badly to impress as I suspect it did?

Part will be that players expected severe downtime and/or graphical bugs like with the last FE and decided to simply skip the rush in the first two days.

In borg space however i have not seen it this busy in ages and this is probably due to people playing the revamped story.

The FE is rather lengthy as well so that ties people up.

People testing the new undine stfs and doing a run then moving on to next char to get undine rep started.

Overall i don't get the impression that S9.5 was a deathblow, but people are playing some other content to get the new goodies.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited April 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Overall i don't get the impression that S9 was a deathblow, but people are playing some other content to get the new goodies.

I wouldn't see it as a deathblow. I think it's closer to stillborn.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Borg and Fluidic space was extremely busy last night, as was Tau Dewa and ESD. I imagine some people are in the Battlezone, too.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    On the contrary, it seems (to me, anyway) that PUG queues are being filled faster than in the weeks prior to S9.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I logged on and looked at the PvE queue. You can see the number of active and queued players there. I saw roughly sixty, maybe a little more.

Oh, so then you got nothing official, gotcha
    GwaoHAD.png
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As already said:

- New FE
    - Revamped Borg story line
    - Exploring ESD
    - Undine Battlezone

And I got a PM from a friend to get on Tribble for the new Risa thingy. So there were definitely people there as well.

Aaaand ofcourse: most people that also witnessed May 21st stayed as far away from STO as possible due to bugs and launch day queues (I didn't have a queue btw).
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The first thing I did yesterday was go to the new ESD. Then I started the Featured Episode. Then I bought a fleet kit and some kit modules. Then I did one Space Battle Zone.

No time for the Queues yet.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    my friends list and fleet online numbers were poor

Checked the ques...low numbers all around

As far as numbers go this is the worst season i have ever saw
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    its faulty logic to base number off the queue.

I would suggest the new FE is the main attraction, then the revamped Borg arc and the battlezone slightly less so.

we also have people opening lock boxes, adjusting their kits and traits, appearance in the tailor, checking out ESD and even possible just giving the first day or two or miss. i hardly bothered playing yesterday expecting there to be crashes and problems.

also having 3 queue events (with 2 difficulty settings each) on top of all existing queues which only gets bigger and bigger divides numbers even further.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Esoesoesoesoesoeso

did i mention eso?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well I can't speak for others but I certainly didn't bother to show up for launch. First time since I started playing, that. Didn't even remember the whole thing until this morning when I had to wait for the patch to load, thats how badly it has failed to impress.

I'll do the feature episode if I got time after todays patch, just for the story. Then wait for someone to put together a list of accolades to hunt, if any. Other than that, this season might as well not even exist.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    there are those experiencing graphic errors that either seriously slow down their gameplay or deny them access to the game
  • sangrinesangrine Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am able to login to the login server, but that's all.
    After clicking "engage", there is a loading screen and popup "Your graphics settings have been reset to the recommended defaults", and then a long freeze, followed by message "GameClient.exe is not responding".
    Can not reach character selection.
    Will try again later tonight.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I must admit its strange not to see any complaints from players who spent more time queuing then playing like there usually are after a large update like this.
    sadly I spent more time trying to get my graphics sorted then actually playing any new content.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I must admit its strange not to see any complaints from players who spent more time queuing then playing like there usually are after a large update like this.
    sadly I spent more time trying to get my graphics sorted then actually playing any new content.

Played the FE once. Figured the time spent on it wasn't worth playing again. Only useful thing was the tactical kit. I spent my time playing PVP in Kerrat. So, I can start testing my ship in a super high DPS area.

My expecations is dirt low of Cryptic so nothing to complain about because they met my expectations.