test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Biomolecular phasers are disruptor-green?

assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
Whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy? I got my first bio-molecular phaser rifle and was shocked to see that it shoots green energy. Considering that all the energy blasts in the devblog about the Undine rep are green too I guess that's the case for space weapons too. Really? You make the first set that boosts the classic Federation weapons, phasers and photon torpedoes, and you make both green? My Galaxy-X captain is sorely disappointed with you. Regardless how awesome the season is otherwise is, making the first rep phasers another colour as the phaser lance, quad and aux cannons is stupid.:(
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Post edited by assimilatedktar on

Comments

• Options
    exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    maybe its to provoke all the anti-rainbow boat lot, like they got set off by andorian phasers

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hate this as well, finally they make some upgrades to Phasers and than they make them green because Disrupter and Plasma are not already green.

Please respect canon at least with this, Phasers are orange even the with Nano probes enhanced hand-phaser in the Voyager episode "In the Flesh" was still orange.

http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/5x04/intheflesh_218.jpg
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had a suspicion they would be green given that the torp from the Rommy mission which is also a bio-molecular launcher is. It is a photon torp that does more damage to the Undine, so they do have a basis for making the new anti-undine weapons green.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    I hate this as well, finally they make some upgrades to Phasers and than they make them green because Disrupter and Plasma are not already green.

Please respect canon at least with this, Phasers are orange even the with Nano probes enhanced hand-phaser in the Voyager episode "In the Flesh" was still orange.

http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/5x04/intheflesh_218.jpg

Really, becasue Kirk had Green, Blue, and red at times :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

dam you beat me too it, phasers only bacame orange in TNG and then only for fed ships, I am sure that in the verious seasons and spin offs that we have seen species that use non orrange phasers (Andorians for example)
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SInce they can be any color, np to make them orange?
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I guess I will have to switch my S'golth skin back :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They are green because all the orange beam crystals were accidentally spent on the Mirror event station's plasma lance. :D
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is slightly strange, since the Borg nanoprobe hand/rifle phasers on Voyager fired their signature orange beams when discharged.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh well, i really dont like green color. Another reason to just avoid the undinre reputation lol.

I was not planning to do ANYTHING on the undine rep, but if i am going to get a green weapon for my feds, nah, dont think so lol.

Worst season ever, and i keep being surprised when i read that people "loves" the new season. They must be definitely aliens lol.
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is a shame, I was hoping for some nice phasers from rep.

No worries, it means I can skip farming Undine Marks for gear.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ahhh bummer. Was going to try some of these out, but I much prefer the standard orange phasers. Oh well.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johankreig wrote: »
    dam you beat me too it, phasers only bacame orange in TNG and then only for fed ships, I am sure that in the verious seasons and spin offs that we have seen species that use non orrange phasers (Andorians for example)

It was never said what type of weapons they use according to a script from ENT they were using Plasma.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The FIRST one was RED!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My 2 cents:

I haven't seem them in-game yet, but I've been pining for crimson-red phasers since before Season 7...not exactly CANON if you're going for that, but as its been pointed out, neither are the current green ones.
  • Options
    mosquito214mosquito214 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wait, the space phasers are green, too? Seriously? I know it's silly, but I was really looking forward to having the classic orange beams and show sound effects, finally. I already use Romulan Plasma; two of the top three weapon types are already green.

Hopefully this is a bug, or just a graphical oversight.
  • Options
    edwardianededwardianed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh well, i really dont like green color. Another reason to just avoid the undinre reputation lol.

I was not planning to do ANYTHING on the undine rep, but if i am going to get a green weapon for my feds, nah, dont think so lol.

Worst season ever, and i keep being surprised when i read that people "loves" the new season. They must be definitely aliens lol.

You know, it's perfectly acceptable grammar to use a full stop (period) without "lol"...
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wait, the space phasers are green, too? Seriously? I know it's silly, but I was really looking forward to having the classic orange beams and show sound effects, finally. I already use Romulan Plasma; two of the top three weapon types are already green.

Hopefully this is a bug, or just a graphical oversight.

I second that - was really hoping for a more classic look. Well yet another reason to just ignore the new rep and with the new rep trait system its not even a loss as you cant slot more passives anyways
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Should be bright yellow/orange the same as ip... :confused:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Another disappointment :-(

/\