test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Showing and Hiding Armor

ajax1983ajax1983 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
I don't know if they just moved it somewhere I can't find, or removed it entirely, but I can't seem to show/hide my officer's armor anymore. With all the features they added, I don't know why they'd remove such a basic costume choice.

Does anyone know what happened with this?
Post edited by ajax1983 on

Comments

• timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They added all the armor and kit parts to the tailor.

You can use any part you wish now on your costume, no matter your career or class.

And you can recolour them, too.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ajax1983 wrote: »
    I don't know if they just moved it somewhere I can't find, or removed it entirely, but I can't seem to show/hide my officer's armor anymore. With all the features they added, I don't know why they'd remove such a basic costume choice.

Does anyone know what happened with this?

All kits options are in the tailor now
    JtaDmwW.png
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Unfortunately the kit pieces are not available at all for several costume categories.
    Such as the "bare chest" categories for KDF males and females(Orions & Gorn).

And that really sucks... :(
  • wraithangel72wraithangel72 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can't find my visuals for [Jem'Hadar Armor Mk XII] and that really upsets me, if anyone knows where they are I would very much like to know. Thanks.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can't find my visuals for [Jem'Hadar Armor Mk XII] and that really upsets me, if anyone knows where they are I would very much like to know. Thanks.
    they don't exist. I have heard mumblings that they might add them at some indeterminate time in the future, we'll see if that happens.

You can recreate the omega/maco/honor guard/hirogen armors in the tailor, but the palettes for several of them (adapted maco, omega, hirogen) are not the same, so they will always be somewhat different than the toggle-able versions. And of course, while you can now give the tailor versions to your bridge officers, this means that if you want to give your bridge officers an omega/maco/khg/hirogen armor set, you have to change their uniform in the tailor, and they still only have the one tailor outfit slot each.

Two steps forward, two steps back IMO. I'm happy fiddled with the 'show armor' option to make sure I had outfits saved for each armor set with the right colors (or as close as one can get with the messed up palettes) right before they did this.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm very confused by these changes - I don't own any "special" armor sets other than my Fleet Armor. Does that mean I can't configure uniforms for my BOFFs that are armor?

Nor for myself?

The old armor visuals just no longer exist unless you have a lobi or reputation set?

If I go to the tailor on ESD, and go to "head" section for my BOFFs, and the Uniform/etc tab is greyed out.

That seems a little... backwards. That means for the last X years, it was established that Starfleet was using armors for its away teams, and now it's just back to uniforms. OK, I guess - but not what I thought was coming.

Let me know if I'm just crazy. Maybe I'm just overwhelmed by all the changes. :)
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the armour visuals are no longer linked to the item you are wearing, Generic non rep/lobi ones are available to all characters and boffs through the tailor and can be custom coloured etc, the lobi and rep ones are the same but you need to have the armour before u unlock the costume, you cant just click show visuals on armour any more.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johankreig wrote: »
    the armour visuals are no longer linked to the item you are wearing, Generic non rep/lobi ones are available to all characters and boffs through the tailor and can be custom coloured etc, the lobi and rep ones are the same but you need to have the armour before u unlock the costume, you cant just click show visuals on armour any more.

Actually not all of them. The BOFFS from what I have seen so far only get certain parts while the toon gets all choices.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ah my bad, I didnt check the boffs tbh I simply assumed it would be the same.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johankreig wrote: »
    ah my bad, I didnt check the boffs tbh I simply assumed it would be the same.

It's no worries, just letting you know before you get there and have a rage moment. The Boffs get limited choices on arms legs and VERY few in sholders and actually ZERO in the chest or back department.

But least now, I can actually add stuff like this to my boffs which I've wanted to do for a while.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • stonesolid42stonesolid42 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I modeled my character after the Hirogen battle suit and not being able to wear it is kind of disappointing. The Hirogen costume not only looks slightly different for some reason the parts dont fit together and clip through each other (not to mention the glow from the battle suit is not achievable through the coloring scheme). Here's to hoping they give the option to show armor back..

Sounds dumb but I didn't even get to the new content yesterday I spent most of my time changing my officers outfits since none of them now look the way they are supposed to (well that and trying to work with the bug that changed my doffs and dumped my loadout to inventory every single time I changed maps). :(
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just wondering if anyone else has run into this:

I had two BOFFs with armor visuals ENABLED before S9 hit. Everyone else, including my character were DISABLED.

Now, I can modify my uniforms for all my BOFFs, and my character to use the Suit-Alpha, Beta, etc armor visuals in the tailor - but the two BOFFs that had armor visuals enabled when the patch hit, don't have the option. They were both wearing Jem Hadar armor at the time.

I tried different armor, and I tried resetting one of the BOFFs uniforms from scratch, still no luck.

Anyone else seen this? Am I missing something obvious?
  • omegcrashomegcrash Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Agreed I'm super bummed. I build a Vorta have my Jem'Hadar first officer and my Dominion ships. I have been honestly bummed out all day knowing I can't activate my old uniform. Especially since we payed for it will missions and Lobi. ;/ Bad Cryptic