test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has anyone created the alt Enterprise yet?

jlpgaming13jlpgaming13 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Federation Discussion
I hope most people have seen Star Trek 2009 and Into Darkness. If you have you'd know how the alternate timeline has changed the Enterprise from being a phaser/photon ship to a disruptor/quantum vessel. Has anyone ever created a build that replicated the alt Enterprise?
Post edited by jlpgaming13 on

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hope most people have seen Star Trek 2009 and Into Darkness. If you have you'd know how the alternate timeline has changed the Enterprise from being a phaser/photon ship to a disruptor/quantum vessel. Has anyone ever created a build that replicated the alt Enterprise?

The red pew-pews are Phasers according to the dialog, not disruptor. I thought they were still using photons on the Enterprise in Into Darkness, are you sure you're not thinking of the TAC game?
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Photon torpedoes were blue in the original series. I don't know what's up with the red phasers, but if you were trying to recreate, you'll want to go antiproton turret.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lmao. Trust me, the NCC-1701 Enterprise NEVER had disruptors or quantum torpedos. I believe quantum's were first used on either the defiant or the sovereign. If the original enterprise had had quantum torpedos, then it wouldn't have been so easily outmatched by a mining ship from the future.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Lmao. Trust me, the NCC-1701 Enterprise NEVER had disruptors or quantum torpedos. I believe quantum's were first used on either the defiant or the sovereign. If the original enterprise had had quantum torpedos, then it wouldn't have been so easily outmatched by a mining ship from the future.

Wasn't Kirk shooting blue phasers and photon torpedoes? Most of it being reused stock footage? I don't remember there being a lot of weaponry on that ship. I mean, this isn't the Defiant we're talking about here.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    Wasn't Kirk shooting blue phasers and photon torpedoes? Most of it being reused stock footage? I don't remember there being a lot of weaponry on that ship. I mean, this isn't the Defiant we're talking about here.

We're talking the 2009 and newer Trek films' universe. This Enterprise.
  • ghostsights28ghostsights28 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Good call. You still retained OS weaponary compared to available equipment IG.
    A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.

George S. Patton
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What's there to recreate? Put ap cannons on it?:rolleyes:
  • foxalpha5foxalpha5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Use Antiproton dual cannons/turrets and quantum torpedoes. Put them on the Avenger and you are done!

DeltaFox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jlpgaming13jlpgaming13 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My bad guys. I've seen TNG, so I was thinking the blue torpedos were quantums. It is an alt universe after all right? And I don't remember the TOS using blue photon torpedos. The phasers are kinda disrupter-like.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    foxalpha5 wrote: »
    Use Antiproton dual cannons/turrets and quantum torpedoes. Put them on the Avenger and you are done!

Make that the Exeter and single cannons and it'll probably look pretty close
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think the first time quantum torpedoes were ever mentioned was in the DS9 episode that introduced the Defiant.
    edited April 2014
    Good call. You still retained OS weaponary compared to available equipment IG.

Blue phasers ARE available ingame. They come with the Connie.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »

It was the Defiant...
    Funny side note in the (non canon) novel "Ashes of Eden" by William Shatner the A was modified to use disruptors...
    My bad guys. I've seen TNG, so I was thinking the blue torpedos were quantums. It is an alt universe after all right? And I don't remember the TOS using blue photon torpedos. The phasers are kinda disrupter-like.

A reasonable conclusion since this is exactly how it worked in tng.
    In TOS is was just... less consistent. And, as you said, Jar Jar verse is a different universe. So I personally wouldn't necessarily conclude from any thing technical there to how it works in the "prime verse"
    edited April 2014
    In TOS is was just... less consistent. And, as you said, Jar Jar verse is a different universe. So I personally wouldn't necessarily conclude from any thing technical there to how it works in the "prime verse"

Yeah, that's why I assumed TOS in the first place. I'm still trying to figure out how the original Enterprise had torpedo machine guns (or were they phasers? I have no idea about JJ's...stuff).
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, that's why I assumed TOS in the first place. I'm still trying to figure out how the original Enterprise had torpedo machine guns (or were they phasers? I have no idea about JJ's...stuff).

If id want to compare those 2 universes I'd still be more confused about the enterprise ejecting 6 warp cores into the black hole then any weapon...
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Photon torpedoes were blue in the original series. I don't know what's up with the red phasers, but if you were trying to recreate, you'll want to go antiproton turret.

I think the hand phasers (no I don't care that they were called Lazers Roddenberry changed his mind) from the Cage shot red beams.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The "alt" Enterprise just uses red cannon beams because JJ Abrams wanted to make a Star Wars movie but got stuck with Star Trek. He simply used the blaster effect for phasers because he considered it cooler ;) (The latter is speculation, the first however is fact, he said that outright in an interview).
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It is an alt universe after all right?

Partially. Not an alternate universe like the mirror universe for example, but one that branches out differently at a certain point. Most of the stuff that we've seen in the prime universe which happened before 2233, likely happened the same way in the JJ-verse (4 seasons of ENT for example).
  • jlpgaming13jlpgaming13 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If id want to compare those 2 universes I'd still be more confused about the enterprise ejecting 6 warp cores into the black hole then any weapon...
    And still going at warp without them. :confused:
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've read in an interview that JJ intended each of the weapons on the Enterprise to be torpedo turrets, (never mind how it stores that many of them).
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    carl103 wrote: »
    I've read in an interview that JJ intended each of the weapons on the Enterprise to be torpedo turrets, (never mind how it stores that many of them).

That explains the 'phasers' ability to curve to hit targets. :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2014

the fired very similar to how phasers fired in Wrath of Khan
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    edited April 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    the fired very similar to how phasers fired in Wrath of Khan

Can you rephrase that? This time in English? Thanx.
  • xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    That explains the 'phasers' ability to curve to hit targets. :rolleyes:
    Photons

Throw a y into the first the and it makes sense. Lrn4readplox :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014

sorry I posted quickly before going to work...if you look at how phasers looked in Wrath of Khan they did look more like the alternate universe than TOS/TNG phasers.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The thing is JJprise was a poor mixture of the TOS and TMP Connie. the JJpprise was firing TMP phasers and TOS Photons. If i see a connie in game with that build i will kill it.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2014

If you act like a Grammar-TRIBBLE, you better get your spelling right, too.
    edited April 2014
    The thing is JJprise was a poor mixture of the TOS and TMP Connie. the JJpprise was firing TMP phasers and TOS Photons. If i see a connie in game with that build i will kill it.

No you won't
    Your pain runs deep.
    edited April 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The "alt" Enterprise just uses red cannon beams because JJ Abrams wanted to make a Star Wars movie but got stuck with Star Trek. He simply used the blaster effect for phasers because he considered it cooler ;) (The latter is speculation, the first however is fact, he said that outright in an interview).

I believe it's save to assume that both are facts...

Due the lack of tos photons ingame that will be hard..
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited April 2014

technically the TOS photons are white. and TOS phasers are both blue and red.

http://trekannoyances.com/tos_enterprise_phasers/ent_phasers_red_adonais.jpg

http://www.starbase400.org/avalon/images/GM5debacle3.jpg

note i used the ORIGINAL shots, not the cgi makeovers
    sig.jpg