test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pre-patching not working.. as always

Well it is this time again when i shut off my STO and the launcher starts automatically do DL 4 gigs of game files... EVERY TIME, what sense in prepatching when it doesnt safe? you are aware that some people dont have unlimited bandwith?
in my case i dont care much.. but its annoying and takes about 5 minutes each time to stop as the launcher doesnt even react when pushing on the X button...

why is it that appart from all the other things (loadouts, boff malfunctions active duty officers not working when changing ship etc. etc...) that also not even this feature is working??

can yu please stop frigging things up and fix SOME of the stuff you implement with each new season.. yeah we greatly love the loadout.. NOT as i nearly never works as intended.

same goes for pre-patching.. it works.. somehow patches the whole game... and next time i start and close the game afterwards it wants to do the same exact thing over and over again.
"Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sophus84at on

Comments

• risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The launcher for me did the download once, then every time after, it just checks and updates as needed.

Then again, I have unselected On-Demand Patching, so that may have something to do with it.
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This thread has been el moved!

I really need to make a formatted reply to do these >.>
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sophus84at wrote: »
    Well it is this time again when i shut off my STO and the launcher starts automatically do DL 4 gigs of game files... EVERY TIME, what sense in prepatching when it doesnt safe? you are aware that some people dont have unlimited bandwith?
    in my case i dont care much.. but its annoying and takes about 5 minutes each time to stop as the launcher doesnt even react when pushing on the X button...

Are you sure it's downloading all 4 GB? I'm having an issue where the launcher keeps dropping the connection during pre-patch download and having to start the download over. Could that be what's happening to you?

Update: Yesterday the launcher did finally manage to complete the pre-patch download. The next time I logged in/out of STO, the launcher came up again as if to start pre-patching but then immediately quit and closed again. Since it didn't try to download all 4 GB again, that tells me it's not an issue with the pre-patch files not saving.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    im having these probs....... patching stops at a certain percentage...... without it, when i log in, i get a ship that cant move and no avail missions

it's the long weekend and im dying to play....... :-(
  • dvroccdvrocc Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can relate however mine will disconnect me from the game and when i get back to the desktop the launcher starts to download 1247mb (roughly) then the launcher vanishes, i get this three or four times a day now when it used to be once a week.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    deleted the game and did a reinstall; after a day of trying over and over, and ignoring all advances from the opposite sex, finally got the 6gb patch downloaded, but the in-game zone wont load.... after i force exit , it tries to dwnld a 2gb patch but crashes the launcher

my amazing game experience
  • angrybear32angrybear32 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same **** here.

Pre-patched.

Close game - launcher pops up - launcher closes on its own.

Well mission accomplished ey laddies?

Fking nope.
    Its now downloading the entire 5gb's.
    The prepatch folder doesnt even exist anymore.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    WTH was the point in a 4gb pre-patch, only to have to install another 4-5gb patch when S9 launched?

8-9gb is damn near the entire game's software download with updates.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!