test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

an Idea for the cardassians

jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
before we add the cardassians as a playable faction why not add a reputation system for them like they did with the romuluns before they became a playable faction.

for the romuluns during there rep system we helped them build there new home wolrd and also took on the tal shiar and the tholians too as we progress through the rep system

while for the cardassiens we help them rebuild cardassia and fight the true way along with the alpha jem'hadar as we progress through the cardassian rep system
Post edited by jim625 on

Comments

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Eh, we only had the Romulan reputation before the actual faction because S7 brought some essential game changes - like the implementation of the reputation system for the first time.

When they make a Cardassian faction, I'd expect them to bring the faction and a rep. system in relation to the Cardassians at the same time, all in one update (expansion). No reason to make the rep. a season before the faction.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like the idea, but then I wouldn't want everyone to be running around with Cardassian Clones like people are likely doing with Romulan Clones ... cause ya' know, we can't customize these officers that we've spent numerous resources on. :rolleyes:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    donrahdonrah Member Posts: 348
    edited April 2014
    No! No more rep systems! They are terrible! They're an excuse to perpetuate the mind numbing grind that this game is plagued with. No more hamster wheels. More RP, less grind!
    Go here and show your support for a better Foundry!
  • Options
    firelordzx5firelordzx5 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cryptic stated that they wont make a cardassian faction because their ships are already in lockboxes and their storyline, cardassians don't have enough military strenght in their own (the true way have most military equipment of the cardassians) they're concentrating in rebuild their homeworld since it bombarded by the dominion.

So yeah, Also I don't think Cardassians Reputation possible. so no.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Cryptic stated that they wont make a cardassian faction because their ships are already in lockboxes and their storyline, cardassians don't have enough military strenght in their own (the true way have most military equipment of the cardassians) they're concentrating in rebuild their homeworld since it bombarded by the dominion.
    They did? When/Where? Please provide a source.

I know it was mentioned a long time ago that they regret putting the Galor into a Lock Box, but I don't ever remember reading them saying they weren't going to do a Cardassian Faction because of it.

As per their Military, considering how long it's been since the end of the Dominion War, and how long it's been since the destruction of Romulus, if the Romulan Republic have a Military Fleet, then you can be damned sure that the Cardassians are in an equal enough position.

There is room for a Cardassian Expansion, and said expansion is plausible. It's just whether it's feasible that remains to be seen.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    donrah wrote: »
    No! No more rep systems! They are terrible! They're an excuse to perpetuate the mind numbing grind that this game is plagued with. No more hamster wheels. More RP, less grind!

Well, then i suposse cryptic should just make pve queues and thats all. :eek:

Since they only know how to make rep systems. Everything else... lol.

STO = Rep system universe.
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Cardassians aren't like the Romulans. They have essentially rebuilt and are under the protection of Starfleet and the Federation. It woul make more sense to me if they made a feature episode/series that focused on the Cardassians joining the Federation.

This could be done before the Gamma Quadrant is introduced (Whenever that will be). Along with this they could introduce the Cardassians as a playable race and maybe a couple of their ships in the cstore. The ships could either be ones not in the Lockboxes (Hidiki and Keldon) or new 25th Century designs.

Make both the race and the ships accesable to the KDF so they don't whine. The excuse could be that the playable KDF Cardassians could be people who don't want to join the Federation so go to the Empire and the ships could be what they brought with them or are otherwise captured.
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Its really hard to think it will be a Cardassian faction ever lol. And yes, i already read that dunno where ages ago. The main reason is, we already have the main ships of the Cardassians in lock boxes. So, it will be impossible to add cardassian ships. And yup, cardassians dont have enough stuff to make a whole story arc or a new rep system, by far.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Its really hard to think it will be a Cardassian faction ever lol. And yes, i already read that dunno where ages ago. The main reason is, we already have the main ships of the Cardassians in lock boxes. So, it will be impossible to add cardassian ships. And yup, cardassians dont have enough stuff to make a whole story arc or a new rep system, by far.
    You serious? We can't have Cardassians because we already have one of their ships designs active? :rolleyes: Please...

You say there isn't enough stuff to make a whole story arc, yet there was with the Romulans (who had less development in the show). There's loads they could do with the Cardassians.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014

They released the Galor in a lockbox a long time ago, after which mr.Stahl publicly stated that they regret that decision and that was rushed and not well thought through. If you look at it closely, there has been absolutely no other Cardassian asset made availible for the masses, except the Galor since then. No Boffs, no weapons, no uniforms, etc.

Furthermore, a couple of monts before LoR when we still didn't know that the expansion would be a playable Romulan faction, players have asked in one of the 'Ask Cryptic' editions about putting the special character assets that are linked to certain species (like the Romulan forehead ridges and the Cardassian hairstyles - specificaly mentioned) in the alien gen. for people to be able to make more genuine "alien" members of said species.
    Cryptic's answer was that they have absolutely zero plans to make those availible in the alien gen. because they are saving them for when those species become playable. Not so long after, the Romulan faction was announced. If you follow the pattern...

And Cardassians don't have enough stuff? lol :D You mean like 'dinos with laz0rz' didn't have enough stuff to make a season and a rep. system? :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited April 2014

believe that nonsense if you want to oh they are coming the only thing that would preclude them would be the dominion as a PR ....think back .....hey are you making romulans a playable race??? (devs) ohhhhhh hell noooooooo we cant do that no no no no ....then boom !!! romulans all this has happened once and will happen again lock box ship you say ??? one ..the galor...now all i have to do is make the lock box galor a (advanced) galor problem solved making the standard galor much weaker better yet leave the galor alone and make all new cruisers for em to fill that bill
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    donrah wrote: »
    Ooohh ouch. You're not gonna like the reason for the rep trait revamp then.

It's so that the devs can add more reps continuously without having to worry about power creep being out-of-control.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Ooohh ouch. You're not gonna like the reason for the rep trait revamp then.

It's so that the devs can add more reps continuously without having to worry about power creep being out-of-control.

Heh, that crossed my mind too........I just hope they put a bit more imagination into the inevitably incoming rep systems.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    People should be happy about that though. Reps aren't Mandatory anymore.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    People should be happy about that though. Reps aren't Mandatory anymore.

Only problem with that is that the reps are pretty much the only endgame we have.

Thus, if people want to progress their toons for long post fifty, it's the only game in town.

Not necessarily a big issue, provided the reps are not too similar.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Only problem with that is that the reps are pretty much the only endgame we have.

Thus, if people want to progress their toons for long post fifty, it's the only game in town.

Not necessarily a big issue, provided the reps are not too similar.

So far they sort of are. :/

Perhaps this will give the devs reason to experiment, and perhaps give us mini reps too.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    and perhaps give us mini reps too.
    Something about that idea makes me feel giddy.