test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aux2sif vs ET question

dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvP Gameplay
How much of a difference are we talking here?

Double Aux2bat build
Single aux2bat build
No aux2bat but double et

Numbers may have been crunched, sorry that I missed them...just coming back to the game
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Post edited by dahminus on

Comments

• rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Aux to SIF does more healing over time, unless you have ET at global via doffs or a2b.

That being said, ET lacks the hull resists A2SIF gives you, for me that would be a dealbreaker in most cases.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Aux to SIF does more healing over time, unless you have ET at global via doffs or a2b.

That being said, ET lacks the hull resists A2SIF gives you, for me that would be a dealbreaker in most cases.

Also keep in mind that ET clears some debuffs such as subsystem offline, and viral matrix. Not as important with a lot of subsystem repair, but it might help a teammate who doesn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A2Sif is for healing through faw spam.
    Engi team is for catching spike from vapers.

Engi team is a bigger heal so its the burst heal... sif is smaller but the resist makes it far better at dealing with pressure.

A dedicated healer will have both... a2b is for kirks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Much obliged guys

• grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree with Antonio above. ET3 with two purple duty officers is a must for any serious healer. We're talking over 11,000 hull points every 15 seconds. Get yourself AuxSIF3 for another 5,000 or 8,000 hull points plus resist every 15 seconds and your good. Don't forget to also throw in a Hazard Emitters in there as well. AuxtoBat build is not ideal for healers as it just takes up too many valuable Engi slots I find.

Here is my Oddy healer build that works great for healing my team and still puts out pretty good DPS. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1083591
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
    edited April 2014
    The ship in question is an a2b avenger cannon boat.

I definitely prefer aux2sif after play testing, but there just isn't room for it.

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A dedicated healer will have both...

It's a nice 1-2 punch sort of thing. Kind of like ST w/ TSS or ExS. The bigger raw heal packed with the resistance/reduction boosting heal.

AtS, ET, HE or DOFF'd AtS.
    ExS, ST, TSS.

Work in the HHoT or SHoT from the Trait.

Toss in a TT and an APD.

TT, APD, ET, AtS, ST, TSS, HE...dropped from a cloaked T'varo on somebody...hax, eh? ;)
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The big problem when using aux2batt and aux2sif, is they interfere with each other causing a shared timer being both an aux skill, and aux2batt drains your auxpwr making aux2sif weaker until auxpwr can replenish.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited April 2014
    The big problem when using aux2batt and aux2sif, is they interfere with each other causing a shared timer being both an aux skill, and aux2batt drains your auxpwr making aux2sif weaker until auxpwr can replenish.

Yep, if only there was a way to not use aux2bat without sacrificing so much global abilities

edited April 2014
    Don't have room for dem as it is

edited April 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Don't have room for dem as it is

Hrmm, the BOFF layout I'm running on my Mogh is...

TS1, CSV1, APO1
    TT1

ET1, AtB1, EPtS3, DEM3
    EPtW1, AtB1

PH1, HE2

Though I'm probably going to go HE1, ST2 if I ever stop to think about it...the low Aux PH isn't doing much - change Aura, hit EM instead sort of thing. Usually running Shield Mod, so it would give some additional reduction to the raw heal from ST...and well, the cleanse from ST can be nifty with all the debuffs/scrambles/etc (along of the lines of why the HE is there - cleanse rather than heal/resistance buff).

Admittedly I've never flown that particular toon with that boat in PvP...but he's one of my 2014 rerolls with no rep - no rep/fleet gear - etc, etc, etc...think my only 2014 reroll I've PvP'd with is Mysk in his shield eating Varanus.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hrmm, the BOFF layout I'm running on my Mogh is...

TS1, CSV1, APO1
    TT1

ET1, AtB1, EPtS3, DEM3
    EPtW1, AtB1

PH1, HE2

Though I'm probably going to go HE1, ST2 if I ever stop to think about it...the low Aux PH isn't doing much - change Aura, hit EM instead sort of thing. Usually running Shield Mod, so it would give some additional reduction to the raw heal from ST...and well, the cleanse from ST can be nifty with all the debuffs/scrambles/etc (along of the lines of why the HE is there - cleanse rather than heal/resistance buff).

Admittedly I've never flown that particular toon with that boat in PvP...but he's one of my 2014 rerolls with no rep - no rep/fleet gear - etc, etc, etc...think my only 2014 reroll I've PvP'd with is Mysk in his shield eating Varanus.

yeah for pvp just change eptw1 to epte1 and then do the HE1, ST2 thing and you're good to go.
    edited April 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    yeah for pvp just change eptw1 to epte1 and then do the HE1, ST2 thing and you're good to go.

Heh, I have throttle control issues when I run EPtE...lol. Perhaps if it were a Beamboat instead of Cannons I could swing it, even there - I have throttle control issues with EPtE.

I still think back to the LoR beta and dorking around with an Ody with EPtE and Chevron separation in Ker'rat...there's my target - there goes my target as I zoomed by and did a massive powerslide out of range.

Heck, it was like when I tried to run EPtE on Willard for a little while - zoom - gone...damn it.

I'm not a good enough pilot for EPtE.
    edited April 2014
    A full shield through rsp just makes you feel good though...

edited April 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    A full shield through rsp just makes you feel good though...

There's just so much "lolshield" going on with all the additional penetration/ignoring of shields...

EWO Penetration.
    T2 Enhanced Shield Penetration.
    No more lockout on Elachi Crescents.
    Etc, etc, etc...

Heck, though they're still working the specifics - it's like the change to T2 OWT to OKS with the Kinetic Shearing, sure - it's cleared by HE/ST and it's pretty weak, but it's more shield ignoring hull damage.

The Undine Rep weapons with their rad damage from incubation. Heck, the Protonic stuff.

So much of it coming down to RNG too, meh - you can have 5v5 where guys are flying around doing their thing - nobody's dying - then poof...boom...somebody died to RNG.
  • kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited April 2014
    Apologies for not knowing this, but how do you keep your aux power high enough to get aux2sif working well while running A2B? Won't your aux levels be pretty low most of the time?
    edited April 2014
    Batteries, epta, single aux2batt allowing some aux to fill back in

• ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    With 2 aux2batts plus 3 purple aux 2 batt doffs and an eng team doff, eng team 3 can be used ever 15 seconds, and gives a substantially higher boost with each use.
    edited April 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    With 2 aux2batts plus 3 purple aux 2 batt doffs and an eng team doff, eng team 3 can be used ever 15 seconds, and gives a substantially higher boost with each use.

Don't you run into activation delays causing you to be outside the 15s duration of the buff? Just that combination of the activation delay on ET itself as well as variable input delay?
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    AtS doesn't belong on AtB builds. its supposed to be one of those drawbacks with AtB builds