Install Arc

Need some feedback on my fleet Avenger Build

duane299duane299 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Federation Discussion
Post edited by duane299 on

Comments

• ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To get the most potential from the Avenger, you must decide if your playstyle is to be a broadsiding beam array or forward firing DHC captain with the ship. Once you've decided, search the forums for builds. Since the Mogh is the same ship as the avenger, check the Klingon forums for builds of the Mogh as well.

Good luck.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What exactly so you hope to achieve with your avenger?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A Couple recommendations:

Drop the Cannons and pick up the Kinetic Cutting Beam, and the Omni Beam Array. The KCB is Omega Rep and the Omni is from Sphere of Influence.

Run a Step Between the Stars for the Shield, Deflector and Engine. You could switch to the Obelisk core from Sphere but only if you want the damage boost to your AP weapons. Aegis ain't bad, just woefully obsolete.

Dump, the Warhead Chamber, VATA, EPS, particle generator, and PDM. move the AM and IC to your Engineer Consoles and have 4 AP Mag Regs. Get a Neutronium or 2 and either an emitter array, amplifier, or filed generator for the sci console. You don't need the particle gen because AP has no exotic damage.

If you're short on cash, farm Loot-o-Matic 3000 you'll get MK XI Drops in there plus you can make good money selling the rest. If you don't pvp you don't really need the cloak for an Alpha Strike.

Then switch to an A2B build by switching the science LT to an En LT in the uni slot. Here is my Fleet Avenger build....

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=ladyluck_5104
    HzLLhLB.gif

• neilgukneilguk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All good advice from lowy above. My bridge is almost the same, apart from switching DEM and RSP around.

What I have found is that this leaves much to be desired in the way of hull heal. Ive gone with the Borg deflector and impulse engines for the 2 part, which invariably becomes my major hull heal when I bother parsing.

With the changes to the borg tech in s9, this may change and of course, everyone's mileage may vary!
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neilguk wrote: »
    All good advice from lowy above. My bridge is almost the same, apart from switching DEM and RSP around.

What I have found is that this leaves much to be desired in the way of hull heal. Ive gone with the Borg deflector and impulse engines for the 2 part, which invariably becomes my major hull heal when I bother parsing.

With the changes to the borg tech in s9, this may change and of course, everyone's mileage may vary!

That's why I went for this set up...

Cmdr Eng: EPtW1, AtB1, EPtS3, DEM3
    Lt Eng: ET1, AtB1

/\
  • neilgukneilguk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ussboleyn wrote: »
    That's why I went for this set up...

Cmdr Eng: EPtW1, AtB1, EPtS3, DEM3
    Lt Eng: ET1, AtB1

I can see why you did that, but I think I'd miss my "oh Sh*t" DOFF'd RSP! Gonna wait to see what the changes to the 2 piece does next week and decide what to do (I really should give it a try on tribble, but CBA patching Trib)!
  • hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Jeez man! I couldn't do any better myself! http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=fleetavengerapbuildgibbs_4854

Ok. To be frank, your build is absolutely horrible. I mean. dude. come on.

Ok, Heres what you need to do:
    Stick to one energy type. If you want to run damage, Stick with all beam arrays. all of the SAME ENERGY TYPE!

You'll have good luck running anything similar to my build.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • silverwidow2silverwidow2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    here is my build I use only thing nor shown is my doff and they are as this

EWO +35% shield pen using BO
    2 purple Tech's
    1 green Tech
    last one I use for spiecals depending on what I am doing

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=dardanosone_0

hope it helps and its less boring that all beam arrays :D
  • hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Less boring, perhaps, still that's not that impressive of a build. honestly, use all beam arrays or all cannons. You lose sooooooo much DPS off that build.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neilguk wrote: »

Yea, the ENG CDR Slot is my Borg, which is why it's DEM 2 and RSP 3. I was going to take my Human LT and switch them. I like RSP because it's like basically giving the mobs the finger in STFs and it's up way more often than the 2 min CD suggests with A2B. I should add I have 3 purple Techs, Marion, and a Purple WCE. with 3 efficient and 2 Human Boffs. I will try ET 1 over EPtS 1 to see if ST is enough of a shield heal.
    HzLLhLB.gif