test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reman Tac BOff wSubt & SupInf - use or sell?

royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
OK, we all know about Superior Operative. Everyone wants 'em.

What about Remans with Superior Infiltrator? How useful is that trait?
"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
--Red Annorax
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It extends how long your decloak damage bonus lasts (and in the case of the Scimitar, the turn rate bonus as well). They don't stack, but its good to have one on your ship to make your decloak alpha last a full 15 seconds instead of dropping off after the first 5. Its quite handy if you're into surprise spikes or driving a Scimitar at all.
  • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A niche market, but it is possible to find a buyer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    These are dirt cheap. There's the Superior Operative, then there's everything else.

An extreme minority of ppl pvp, everyone pve. The supply is the same as Superior Operatives, but demand is almost nonexistent.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the Superior infiltrator is mandatory

You either go Reman Captain with 5 SRO or Romulan Captain with 4SRO/1SI

Reason - 15 seconds of bonus damage, with only 2 1/2 seconds of cloak needed to renew the buff = no brainer.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the Superior infiltrator is mandatory

You either go Reman Captain with 5 SRO or Romulan Captain with 4SRO/1SI

Reason - 15 seconds of bonus damage, with only 2 1/2 seconds of cloak needed to renew the buff = no brainer.

This.

I use to roll with 2 remans, now i use one. Back then the ambush duration did stack. Not sure did they changed that.
    Reman Tac BOff wSubt & SupInf - use or sell?

Purple ones are still 10+ mill, i have two on exchange, for 3 days already :(
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    I used to get over 20 million per Superior Infiltrator the market may have cooled off a bit but those who know use the infiltrator. 15 seconds of ambush puts a lot of pressure on your targets. Don't forget the +3.8% defense you get as well. The reason for the drop in price is probably the fact you can use only one while you can use as many SRO as you can seat, but then again the supply is not the same. I will probably see 10+ evaluate rom boffs for every evaluate reman boff.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you play a Reman, get 1 more Reman BOFF with Superior Infiltrator. That will take the Ambush BUFF timer to 23 seconds. The rest? Stack the living bejeezus out of Superior Romulan Operative. If you want, find one with Superior Subterfuge to take the Ambush Dmg Bonus from 25% to 30%.

My Reman in whatever Warbird she uses will have 23 seconds of Ambush BUFF timer. Cloak can be applied at about the 9 second mark. I kept the regular Subterfuge, so it still stood at 25% dmg bonus.

Remember, Superior Infiltrator does not stack. However, Infiltrator + Superior Infiltrator does stack. Whatever sources you get those 2 traits from, either a Reman Captain or Reman BOFFs, it works, as long as they're not the same rarity/tier ("Superior").
    XzRTofz.gif
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you play a Reman, get 1 more Reman BOFF with Superior Infiltrator. That will take the Ambush BUFF timer to 23 seconds. The rest? Stack the living bejeezus out of Superior Romulan Operative. If you want, find one with Superior Subterfuge to take the Ambush Dmg Bonus from 25% to 30%.

My Reman in whatever Warbird she uses will have 23 seconds of Ambush BUFF timer. Cloak can be applied at about the 9 second mark. I kept the regular Subterfuge, so it still stood at 25% dmg bonus.

Remember, Superior Infiltrator does not stack. However, Infiltrator + Superior Infiltrator does stack. Whatever sources you get those 2 traits from, either a Reman Captain or Reman BOFFs, it works, as long as they're not the same rarity/tier ("Superior").

Yeah I use a SI with my reman captain to combine with his Infiltrator, so when I do de-cloak I have a lengthy bonus, this way I don't have to constantly cloak again to achieve it.

1 SI reman+ 4 SO roms is my main dealy dally.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is a reason Veril is the best of the initial four boffs you get ;)

Until you replace her with a superior (unless reman captain), she is indispensable.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Great advice all. I was aware of the SRO's uberness and already have a full-ish complement for my main Rom, but didn't have any Infiltrator beyond Veril. I knew it was good to have, just wasn't sure if it was good enough to displace an SRO boff.

Sigh, I really don't deal with Remans but I suppose I'll keep him.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm not immediately sold on the SI trait. I mean, how much do you really cloak in ISE?

PvP? Liikely most useful; but for PvE missions, where I'm all but constantly engaging the enemy, I'll just stick with that 5th SRO, thank you.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I'm not immediately sold on the SI trait. I mean, how much do you really cloak in ISE?

PvP? Liikely most useful; but for PvE missions, where I'm all but constantly engaging the enemy, I'll just stick with that 5th SRO, thank you.

It is useful anywhere, a 5th SRO adds what 2% more crit and subterfuge (which I don't think stacks anymore), I can stand to lose 2% for my reman captain to obtain 23secs of bonus de-cloak damage.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited April 2014
    It is useful anywhere, a 5th SRO adds what 2% more crit and subterfuge (which I don't think stacks anymore), I can stand to lose 2% for my reman captain to obtain 23secs of bonus de-cloak damage.

They stack.

For PVP, yes and yes!
    For PVE, it is not everything based on single scenario.But even in ISE whenever you moving from target to target, learn to use clock, it takes you 5 seconds (unlike to KDF clock which triggers ambush immediately upon clock/declock next second) to trigger an ambush, that is 25% damage for XX period of time, so if you time it, it is much more than one SRO.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
    edited April 2014
    They stack.

Odd. I thought Subterfuge didn't stack any more?!
    For PVP, yes and yes!
    For PVE, it is not everything based on single scenario.But even in ISE whenever you moving from target to target, learn to use clock, it takes you 5 seconds (unlike to KDF clock which triggers ambush immediately upon clock/declock next second) to trigger an ambush, that is 25% damage for XX period of time, so if you time it, it is much more than one SRO.

Well, I still/already have a SI Reman on staff; I just never got around to using her yet. :) So, thx, I'll try it out.

Ambush takes 5 secs to activate, though? I thought I heard someone say 2.5 seconds in this thread.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Like I said, it's only useful in pvp. That's why it's cheap. Check the exchange. These guys are just trying to sell their boffs that aren't moving. These ppl have an agenda, ask ppl who aren't trying to sell you stuff.

It's far better than SRO in pvp, but compared to pve as part of total population, pvpers round down to zero. Thus, supply > demand.

Pve is all about sustained beam faw. If you're cloaked, you're not doing dps. If you're waiting on that timer to decloak after you cloak, you're not doing dps for these few seconds. Ppl who know what they're doing don't actually cloak because they know they'll have to drop out of impulse and start shooting again long before timer is up. In an environment where you'd even expend evasive just to avoid sitting around waiting for red alert to end, cloaking up means losing dps that will never come back. Extra spike for the few seconds afterwards aren't anywhere close to SRO over the minutes of shooting, even without counting in time wasted due to cloak.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is a reason Veril is the best of the initial four boffs you get ;)

Until you replace her with a superior (unless reman captain), she is indispensable.

But since everybody who can use reman boffs already has HER there is little market for more^^
    edited April 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    Pve is all about sustained beam faw. If you're cloaked, you're not doing dps. If you're waiting on that timer to decloak after you cloak, you're not doing dps for these few seconds. Ppl who know what they're doing don't actually cloak because they know they'll have to drop out of impulse and start shooting again long before timer is up. In an environment where you'd even expend evasive just to avoid sitting around waiting for red alert to end, cloaking up means losing dps that will never come back. Extra spike for the few seconds afterwards aren't anywhere close to SRO over the minutes of shooting, even without counting in time wasted due to cloak.

Indeed. That's precisely what I was thinking. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Most of the top PvE players I know actually cloak several times in STFs to boost their DPS. It's all about timing. If your FAW is on CD, there's enough time to cloak and decloak to sync your FAW, Beta and Ambush. SI is also a must have in NWS.
    edited April 2014
    But since everybody who can use reman boffs already has HER there is little market for more^^

Infiltrator + Superior Infiltrator stack, so there's still market for SI Remans (Veril is only an Infiltrator).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Odd. I thought Subterfuge didn't stack any more?!

Well, I still/already have a SI Reman on staff; I just never got around to using her yet. :) So, thx, I'll try it out.

Ambush takes 5 secs to activate, though? I thought I heard someone say 2.5 seconds in this thread.

No, i meant SRO stack, from subterfuge defense only stacks, +declock damage and stealth does not.

In romulan clock, when you click Clock button, countdown begins from 5 until 0. If you hit declock immediately or during that countdown you will not get the ambush bonus, so you have to wait 5 sec before hitting declock button.
    KDF battle and normal clock, and any other clock does not do that, there is no countdown, you can clock and declock right after that and still get the 5 sec ambush bonus.

Like I said, it's only useful in pvp. That's why it's cheap. Check the exchange. These guys are just trying to sell their boffs that aren't moving. These ppl have an agenda, ask ppl who aren't trying to sell you stuff.

It's far better than SRO in pvp, but compared to pve as part of total population, pvpers round down to zero. Thus, supply > demand.

Well i did sold my blue one today for 7mil, purple goes 12+ on exchange and people do buy it.

There are couple of scenarios that require sustain DPS, mostly borg stfs. But on serious number of parse logs i do more damage with timing clock and constantly using it.
    In ISE there are 4-5 gaps, mostly when you travel from elite cube to the gate, and from one side of the gate to another.
    That is 1 minute of 25% bonus damage vs 2% crtH and 5% crtD, form scenario that runs 4-5 minutes.
    If you are willing to time your clock you can get 2 minutes of ambush.

I used to try to get most DPS out of ISC, and now i am bored,
    and now i run that with totally wrong setup with my hirogen hunter with mostly PVP burst single target speedy setup in that scenario (TB, CRF, BO, AtD and etc.)
    and it is finally fun to play that mission, i still do 16k there.
    And there are no more scenarios like STF, first example is mirror event, next ones are new PVE mission that i tried on tribble.
    And yes, i am running elachi beam bank just so that every time it procs on BO i can laugh and go happy to bed :)
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    In romulan clock, when you click Clock button, countdown begins from 5 until 0. If you hit declock immediately or during that countdown you will not get the ambush bonus, so you have to wait 5 sec before hitting declock button.

This is wrong. You only need to be cloaked for 2.5 seconds to get 15 seconds of ambush. When I see fire on my mark and ap alpha coming off of cd I always do a 2.5 sec cloak while my weapons cycle, dps goes through the roof.
    edited April 2014
    atlmykl wrote: »
    This is wrong. You only need to be cloaked for 2.5 seconds to get 15 seconds of ambush. When I see fire on my mark and ap alpha coming off of cd I always do a 2.5 sec cloak while my weapons cycle, dps goes through the roof.

You are right, just checked it again, well you can see how much i care about that :rolleyes:

I am seriously misleading people here
    2nhfgxf.jpg
    edited April 2014
    atlmykl wrote: »

2.5 is a lot more reasonable. :) Gonna give this some serious testing. Thx.
    3lsZz0w.jpg