test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BIG Disparity in Fleet Kits

martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
Hello all,

I have noticed that it seems as if Engineers have been shafted when it comes to fleet kits. While other classes can obtain some variety of 3/2 kit from a fleet holding, Engineers are limited to 4/1 kits, with the 1 being the universal slot.

What this means is while other classes don't have to make the choice between a mk 12 Ultra Rare kit frame and the powers they want, Engineers do. They either have to get a lesser quality frame from drops OR enjoy the skill bonuses from fleet kits w/o the desired power setup...they cannot have both.

Please fix this. Maybe make the bunker kit 3 fabrication, 1 mechanic, 1 universal to go part way to remedying this disparity.

Or maybe am I missing something, and equivalent split kits are somewhere I haven't looked yet.

Thanks.

(BTW, this is not in the Kit feedback thread as that thread has been totally derailed!)
Post edited by martakurill on

Comments

• neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Agreed on the thread. I have noticed that the Fleet Kits only have one module rather than the five Bortus was changing them to. When will these be going to hit tribble as this represents a significant cost increase?

For Reference;
    I'm popping in to provide an update, and to answer a few concerns.

Fleet Kit Trade-In

Our goal is for the Kits + Modules that players will obtain via this Trade-In to exactly match what they currently have, in terms of powers and slotting options. This will probably mean that they all turn into 4/1 Kits, and that they will be pre-loaded with all of the existing powers you currently have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Agreed on the thread. I have noticed that the Fleet Kits only have one module rather than the five Bortus was changing them to. When will these be going to hit tribble as this represents a significant cost increase?

For Reference;

This is a big problem as well. I am not looking forward to repurchasing powers I already own.

Another one is that I just checked out some screen captures from Tribble, and it seems that the Undine Mk 12 kits only have two bonuses, as opposed to the four bonuses on the Fleet kits....illustrating my original points that if I want variety in my Engineering kits, I'm giving up TWO sets of mods for it. So yes, it seems that this is as bad as I feared. Not to mention the bunker kit has some oddball skill mods on it for a kit with 4 fabrication / 1 engineering....*sigh*
  • alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As I said in the other thread this entire system of limiting what kind of power mod can go into what kind of power kit slot is absolutely asinine. Kits should be classless and mods should be category-less. Players should acquire kits that have special bonus powers on them that cater to particular play styles, such as offering extra protection, extra damage, extra power bonuses, or a special clickable skill. The mods and slots should be universal to all kits evenly. That way this very problem does NOT happen.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Um, I haven't had a chance to look at Eng, but the Sci kits are setup with 4medic/0research/1sci, 0med/4res/1sci, or 2med/2res/1sci...

BUT that's taking both the Embassy kits and Spire kits together. one of them does the 4/0/1 version, and the other is 2/2/1.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wouldn't know, but I hope this changes. :(
    edited April 2014
    Um, I haven't had a chance to look at Eng, but the Sci kits are setup with 4medic/0research/1sci, 0med/4res/1sci, or 2med/2res/1sci...

BUT that's taking both the Embassy kits and Spire kits together. one of them does the 4/0/1 version, and the other is 2/2/1.

Yup, with Embassy and Spire together, Engineers have nothing like the 2/2/1 kit.

After more research, the stats can be found here, confirming my original concern: http://forum.stoacademy.com/showthread.php?tid=1693&pid=12258#pid12258
    edited April 2014
    Still does not address the fact that there is only one module with the fleet kits which means we have a significant cost increase compared to getting them now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello all,

I have noticed that it seems as if Engineers have been shafted when it comes to fleet kits.

Tactical officers will also feel significant drawbacks. The current fleet kit system lacks 4 Strategic/1 Tactical, which will put them at a disadvantage against Science and Engineering officers capable of running 4 Mechanic/1 Engineering and 4 Research/1 Science
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe, they should just standardize the fleet kits and give each class all of the following configurations:

4A / 0B / 1AB
    0A / 4B / 1AB
    2A / 2B / 1AB
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    edited April 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Maybe, they should just standardize the fleet kits and give each class all of the following configurations:

4A / 0B / 1AB
    0A / 4B / 1AB
    2A / 2B / 1AB

I would certainly be all for that. :)
    edited April 2014
    Yup, with Embassy and Spire together, Engineers have nothing like the 2/2/1 kit.

After more research, the stats can be found here, confirming my original concern: http://forum.stoacademy.com/showthread.php?tid=1693&pid=12258#pid12258
    soo, short version:
    Science gets the best variety with 4/0/1, 0/4/1, and 2/2/1, Eng gets 0/4/1, 4/0/1, and more 0/4/1, and Tacs get 4/0/1, 3/1/1, and 2/2/1.... that's screwball. Eng doesn't get variety kits and Tac doesn't get strategic kits....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited April 2014
    Its probably too late for them to mess around too much with the kit setups, however the far more imporant issue is the Fleet Kits have only one module!

We would have to pay 60,000FC and upwards of 11,900Dil for a Fleet Kit Frame and ONE module, the currently available kits on holodeck have five powers for that price!

When are we going to see the changes mentioned by Bortus;
    I'm popping in to provide an update, and to answer a few concerns.

Fleet Kit Trade-In

Our goal is for the Kits + Modules that players will obtain via this Trade-In to exactly match what they currently have, in terms of powers and slotting options. This will probably mean that they all turn into 4/1 Kits, and that they will be pre-loaded with all of the existing powers you currently have.

We are talking a MASSIVE price increase to recreate a fleet kit without a comparable trade in or comparable gear when buying a new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    soo, short version:
    Science gets the best variety with 4/0/1, 0/4/1, and 2/2/1, Eng gets 0/4/1, 4/0/1, and more 0/4/1, and Tacs get 4/0/1, 3/1/1, and 2/2/1.... that's screwball. Eng doesn't get variety kits and Tac doesn't get strategic kits....

This makes me sad. I was hoping to have a more strategic heavy kit, like a 1/3/1 so I could have a team buff heavy kit. Right now with 4/0/1 and 3/1/1 kits we are being forced to take grenades, grenades and more grenades...:(
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    well this touches on something I was thinking, it doesn't seem equal. I can see how sci's or engy's might benefit but as tac, I really don't see much point. There might be only a couple of powers I would switch out, but for the most part the current kits will do just fine.

The only difference I can see is that the "new kits" have more bonuses.

But really, if the thruth be told, most of this makes little if any difference in the gameplay. I don't see doing most missions being made better or worse.

The entire point of all of this is obvious. Its just a way for them to keep adding LockBoxes since they have milked those for all they can. and they cant keep coming up with new villians and ships to theme the boxes.

Mark my words, the Season 10 TRIBBLE will mostly be about adding things to slot so you'll buy c-store items and master keys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grevdogggrevdogg Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We would have to pay 60,000FC and upwards of 11,900Dil for a Fleet Kit Frame and ONE module, the currently available kits on holodeck have five powers for that price!

We are talking a MASSIVE price increase to recreate a fleet kit without a comparable trade in or comparable gear when buying a new one.

If you've already got a Fleet Kit and you like it, you can keep using it while you're collecting the 4 modules you'd need to fill out a new one. Once you've got the modules you can trade in your old one, pop in the new modules, and you've got a kit which has passive bonuses and (hopefully) has a better power set and/or higher ranked powers than your old one. It isn't like they're forcing you to give up your kit right now and start using one with only 1 power.

If you don't already have a Fleet Kit, the cost isn't going up, you'll just want to collect modules before you drop the ~60k FC and 12k Dil. I'm not sure how rare/expensive the lower level modules are going to be once this hits Holodeck and the whole player base is getting them as drops and selling them on the exchange, but I'm going to bet it won't be a "MASSIVE" cost. There isn't going to be much of a price increase to build a Fleet Kit like the ones we have now, with all of the skills not maxed out, and the passive bonuses justify that cost somewhat. Plus, with future Reps (and maybe the crafting revamp we're all holding our breath for) having special modules this new Fleet Kit is going to be more valuable than the old ones ever were.
    edited April 2014
    atlmykl wrote: »
    This makes me sad. I was hoping to have a more strategic heavy kit, like a 1/3/1 so I could have a team buff heavy kit. Right now with 4/0/1 and 3/1/1 kits we are being forced to take grenades, grenades and more grenades...:(
    Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. But on the bright side, Motion accelerator is assault. There are of course grenades, but also Lunge and sweeping strikes in assault. But ALL of the buffs are strategic. which with the current kit setup, you can only use 3 of at once.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited April 2014
    The only difference I can see is that the "new kits" have more bonuses.[/QUOTE[

That and the ability to have all the powers in your kit be Rank IV instead of a mix of ranks.
    The entire point of all of this is obvious. Its just a way for them to keep adding LockBoxes since they have milked those for all they can. and they cant keep coming up with new villians and ships to theme the boxes.

Mark my words, the Season 10 TRIBBLE will mostly be about adding things to slot so you'll buy c-store items and master keys

Why does everyone have to hate so hard on the lockboxes? Yes, that is how they make money. If they didn't make money, we wouldn't have a game to play. If you don't want to spend real money on keys, either don't worry about lockbox gear (you can do just fine without it) or buy the keys with EC.

(If you're a subscriber, props for supporting the game but there obviously weren't enough people willing to pay to keep the game viable. If it weren't for F2P we probably wouldn't have STO at all.)
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    New patch on Tribble. Kit Frames are now sold separately from Modules. They might have addressed this. (I can't check.)
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

edited April 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    New patch on Tribble. Kit Frames are now sold separately from Modules. They might have addressed this. (I can't check.)

They haven't it is the same cost you just pay for the items separately.

Right now I can go and buy a kit for 60,000 Fleet Credits and get a kit and five powers, that's the equivalent of 12,000 Fleet Credits per power with the kit for free! Instead they want you to spend 42,000 Fleet Credits on the Kit Frame and 18,000 Fleet Credits on ONE power!

In essence you are getting considerably less bang for your buck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They haven't it is the same cost you just pay for the items separately.

Right now I can go and buy a kit for 60,000 Fleet Credits and get a kit and five powers, that's the equivalent of 12,000 Fleet Credits per power with the kit for free! Instead they want you to spend 42,000 Fleet Credits on the Kit Frame and 18,000 Fleet Credits on ONE power!

In essence you are getting considerably less bang for your buck.

So get fleet kits while you can?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I mean, if they're selling the frames separately, they might have addressed the slot distribution issue.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »

Abso-friggin-lutely.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was on tribble last night and noticed they updated the kit trade ins. Now the trade in kits come preslotted with the original powers it came with and the modules are XII very rare with the exception of the Rank II kit power the kits come with. All In all very pleased with the kit, devs did a great job! I also suggest buying your fleet kits now that way you don't have to grind for the modules ;)
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »

you missed out on the 1millon ec plasmonic leach's.....................

Dont let it happen again ...yes get the good kits now while you can

I smell nerf hammer comming
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited April 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    I was on tribble last night and noticed they updated the kit trade ins. Now the trade in kits come preslotted with the original powers it came with and the modules are XII very rare with the exception of the Rank II kit power the kits come with. All In all very pleased with the kit, devs did a great job! I also suggest buying your fleet kits now that way you don't have to grind for the modules ;)

^Yep. If you can afford it now, go get the fleet kit you want before the update. If not, your fleet kit /is/ going to be more expensive than it was for us folks lucky enough to buy one before the new system hits.
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    So you can keep your old kit or trade in for a customizable kit with 104 skill points built in and can be filled with all rank iv on all powers instead of 1xmkii, 3xmkiii and only 1x mkiv. But you want the massive upgrade for free? Some of the complainers could have easily got the resources they needed in the time they have spent on the forums try to convince people upgrades requiring some effort is a rip off somehow.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I took a look at the changes on Tribble. Here is an update.

1. The fleet kit trade-ins now list 5 abilities, so I think this addresses previous concerns that the trade-ins came with only one kit module.

2. I agree with other posters that the new prices are a bit steep. Basically, Cryptic split the fleet credit and dilithium cost of an old kit between the new kit and its corresponding kit module. Granted, the new kit comes with skill bonuses that we didn't have before. But keep in mind that the only kit modules we can purchase correspond to the old "rank IV" abilities; the old "rank III" abilities are not available from the fleet stores. I think that one new kit and one new kit module should not cost as much as an old kit.

3. The trade-in for "Romulan Tactical Kit Mk XII" is 2 Assault / 2 Strategic / 1 Tactical. The version of "Romulan Tactical Kit Mk XII" that you can buy is 4 Assault / 1 Tactical. I don't know if this is intended or not. I did not see a difference between the engineering kit trade-ins and the versions you can buy.

4. Please separate the kits and kit modules in the fleet stores into different tabs.

5. You can now purchase Mk IX blue kit modules from the dilithium store. This is a good change. But the dilithium store still has no kits, and the EC vendors still have no kit modules.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »

3. The trade-in for "Romulan Tactical Kit Mk XII" is 2 Assault / 2 Strategic / 1 Tactical. The version of "Romulan Tactical Kit Mk XII" that you can buy is 4 Assault / 1 Tactical. I don't know if this is intended or not. I did not see a difference between the engineering kit trade-ins and the versions you can buy.

That's what I think they need to tell us before this goes live. I would like to know what my kits are turning into. Like maybe one of the kits I didn't buy has a better layout. So I could still end up having to buy another one to get the layout I need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]