test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OP Romulans and game reopening itself on closing

ermanameermaname Member Posts: 113 Arc User
1stly, why is it that the Romulans are so ridiculously powerful? Almost every fight they get involved in they do far more damage way faster and the cloak and jump makes them a nightmare in pvp as they just disappear every time someone is going to kill them. In stf where damage or some related thing seems to effect how many Processors are awarded, why let someone that can averagely do 2 million more damage per stf into the same fight?

I know cryptic wanted us to all remortgage our houses and make everything we spent before roms useless so we were forced to play as roms, but it's a bit of a stinker.

Also ... why is it since last update every time I log off the client reopens itself? this is getting stupid as it adds time to me shutting down the game and hence my computer, so reducing play time I get.. less time I play less I have to spend real money on the game I suppose, which makes perfect sense...
Post edited by ermaname on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ermaname wrote: »
    Also ... why is it since last update every time I log off the client reopens itself? this is getting stupid as it adds time to me shutting down the game and hence my computer, so reducing play time I get.. less time I play less I have to spend real money on the game I suppose, which makes perfect sense...

Season 9 Prepatch... Patched 4 gigs with me yestoday and now it dosen't do it anymore.

No worries... it's all as it is supposed to be.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When you close the game, how will you spend money anyway in game...

Everyone goes doom these days...
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014

It's the Season 9 Prepatch for the 22nd. It will go away after that. :P
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1stly, why is it that the Romulans are so ridiculously powerful? Almost every fight they get involved in they do far more damage way faster and the cloak and jump makes them a nightmare in pvp as they just disappear every time someone is going to kill them. In stf where damage or some related thing seems to effect how many Processors are awarded, why let someone that can averagely do 2 million more damage per stf into the same fight?

I know cryptic wanted us to all remortgage our houses and make everything we spent before roms useless so we were forced to play as roms, but it's a bit of a stinker.

Dont play pvp. Period. Its broken since ages ago.

About stfs.. who cares????? it doesnt matter if the other guy deals 30k more dps than you, in the end, it is a team work.

And romulans are more dangerous, but they also have other weakneses, like weaker hulls, or weaker shields. But in the end, you right, they are the most powerful side. But they were so powerful in the tv as well. Picard really had bad times trying to not engage any romulan dedirex they found lol, he always seemed really worried about fighing em, for a reason.

About the client re-opening, its just a pre-cache for the new season, i guess. But yes, its really annoying.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    why is it since last update every time I log off the client reopens itself? this is getting stupid as it adds time to me shutting down the game and hence my computer, so reducing play time I get.. less time I play less I have to spend real money on the game I suppose, which makes perfect sense...

this is indeed the prepatch for season 9, you can bypass this if you want by closing the launcher but you should let it run through its thing at some point as this will make the download of the season 9 update much quicker.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And romulans are more dangerous, but they also have other weakneses, like weaker hulls, or weaker shields. But in the end, you right, they are the most powerful side. But they were so powerful in the tv as well. Picard really had bad times trying to not engage any romulan dedirex they found lol, he always seemed really worried about fighing em, for a reason.

Yet this is not the show, but STO. From a game design perspective, it's frankly downright absurd to have one race be totally ueber over the rest. I recently joined Roms for that reason, but is it fair? Hell no!

And then I have to listen to the same devs putting on their halo, and tell me why my reps need to be nerfed for 50% -- all in the name of balance. Go figure!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    for some reason, the pre-patch doesn't work here, god knows why, same thing happened last season D:
  • Options
    stongbadsstongbads Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1stly, why is it that the Romulans are so ridiculously powerful?

By Divine Right and luckily it's available by both sides.
  • Options
    ermanameermaname Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am logging off and turning my computer off as I have things to do, so I have to log off sooner than I used to to allow for the prepatch interruptions, lol, now I know what it is I will let it run, but as it comes up with no warning and crashes my poor little computer it's hard to do.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You don't spend money in game. You spend money on PWE's website then transfer what you purchased there to the game you want to play.

I know but what does that have to do with the Launcher reopening?
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Who cares if they are a bit more powerful dmg wise, they are after all aligned with either the feds or kdf, it's not like you have to fight them as some individual faction.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you think romulans/Remans are overpowered just wait until the next expansion....Everybody will wanna ditch there old characters including romualns/remans for the more powerful uber indistructable race. Just watch and see.
  • Options
    captaincrane73captaincrane73 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    If you think romulans/Remans are overpowered just wait until the next expansion....Everybody will wanna ditch there old characters including romualns/remans for the more powerful uber indistructable race. Just watch and see.

Not everybody. I wanted to play a Romulan since day 1, but alas I couldn't. Romulans have always been my favorite race in Trek. Now I can and he is my main for as long as I play. Don't get me wrong, I like my Fed and Klink, but not as much as my Rommie. Once they come out with a new one, I will make one to try it out and for the story line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1stly, why is it that the Romulans are so ridiculously powerful?

3 Words.

Superior Operative stacking.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not everybody. I wanted to play a Romulan since day 1, but alas I couldn't. Romulans have always been my favorite race in Trek. Now I can and he is my main for as long as I play. Don't get me wrong, I like my Fed and Klink, but not as much as my Rommie.

Me, too! Me, too! :D

My Rommie isn't very powerful, though. I don't use the regular Romulan Ships with the super-skill drives. I enjoyed the Adapted Destroyer.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am logging off and turning my computer off as I have things to do, so I have to log off sooner than I used to to allow for the prepatch interruptions, lol, now I know what it is I will let it run, but as it comes up with no warning and crashes my poor little computer it's hard to do.

You can kill the launcher after it restarted after you quit playing.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Not everybody. I wanted to play a Romulan since day 1, but alas I couldn't. Romulans have always been my favorite race in Trek. Now I can and he is my main for as long as I play. Don't get me wrong, I like my Fed and Klink, but not as much as my Rommie. Once they come out with a new one, I will make one to try it out and for the story line.

I trained up my Rom because, yes, wanted to be part of the OP-experience (and I wanted a Tact anyway, instead of always being an Engineer); but I primarily trained her up because I saw everything Roms have is more beautiful. 1 trip to the Flotilla, and I was sold. :P And I get to use boffs with actual feet, and not Embassy boffs with several body parts missing (a bug Cryptic just refuses to ever fix: signifying, loudly, they no longer care about the other races).

I'm not so inclined to roll yet a new toon, though, Undine or no. I hated having to do everything from scratch again.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    You can kill the launcher after it restarted after you quit playing.

I would advise against that, as you would run a good chance to corrupt the pre-patch progress.

Just let it ride out for those few seconds; then, come April 22, you will hardly have any patching left to do. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You don't spend money in game. You spend money on PWE's website then transfer what you purchased there to the game you want to play.

Or if you have a steam account linked you can pull money out of your steam wallet. Which I do. I can't find the transfer thingy on PWE's new site, so I'm happy to give cryptic and steam my business :)
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    3 Words.

Superior Operative stacking.

Also Warbirds have no design compromises as well compared to Fed & KDF ships. No weaker shields or hull, or maneuvering, or anything, for all the power they have. Not even the less Subsystem Power. That's more than made up for by endgame setups as well as Singularity Abilities.

And don't forget Infiltrator + Superior Infiltrator do stack.
    XzRTofz.gif