test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulans Nerfed on Tribble - Demand No Leadership Trait for Feds

Comments

• snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Frankly, I do not believe Hawk and any other Cryptic liar. They been constantly Nerfing taking away and putting back features into the game in the name of Balance.

You should probably steer clear of Tribble then, as unforseen bugs make it onto the test server all the time. You're really over-reacting to something that tends to be pretty commonplace in a testing environment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My solution:

Overhaul the Embassy bridge officer choices so that Fed/KDF toons can get a full crew of SRO if they desire. Right now they are limited to Male Tacticals. These boffs should also all come with Subterfuge as default, just like the RRW boffs.

While at it, add a lesser Operative trait to the standard trait choice pool so the other factions can get closer to a Romulan level of crit without having to grind for the embassy boffs.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My solution:

Overhaul the Embassy bridge officer choices so that Fed/KDF toons can get a full crew of SRO if they desire. Right now they are limited to Male Tacticals. These boffs should also all come with Subterfuge as default, just like the RRW boffs.

While at it, add a lesser Operative trait to the standard trait choice pool so the other factions can get closer to a Romulan level of crit without having to grind for the embassy boffs.

Sorry, but that solves nothing at all.
    Yes it evens the playing field, but it does not change the fact that the Superior Operative boff stacking is fundamentally unbalanced.

Boff traits should "never" make or break a build.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry, but that solves nothing at all.
    Yes it evens the playing field, but it does not change the fact that the Superior Operative boff stacking is fundamentally unbalanced.

Boff traits should "never" make or break a build.

Why is it unbalanced?

Really, this is all just jealous rage and nothing else, or malice in order to take away what others use just for the sake of malice.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Why is it unbalanced?

Really, this is all just jealous rage and nothing else, or malice in order to take away what others use just for the sake of malice.

Just because you like to invoke Ad hominem's does not make you right. :rolleyes:
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    Why is it unbalanced?

Romulan character 11.5 % crit chance BOs and character

Klingon
    Fed 4.0% crit chance BO's and character

Now looking at the numbers perhaps you too may realize how overpowered romulans are

I hope your ignorance is now schooled
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited April 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

Romulan character 11.5 % crit chance BOs and character

Klingon
    Fed 4.0% crit chance BO's and character

Now looking at the numbers perhaps you too may realize how overpowered romulans are

I hope your ignorance is now schooled

Romulans: 160 power.

Feds and KDF: 200 power.

That is 40 power you can dump into shields to make even a weak Fed or KDF ship more resilient than a durable Romulan one (With the same equipment) .

Do you realise how underpowered romulans are power wise? And maybe, just maybe they need something to MAKE UP FOR IT WITH?!?!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Romulans *are* OP right now, anyone claiming otherwise was most likely dropped on the head as a child. Is that something that can't be solved? Obviously not, there's a way to fix it, rather different ways;

-1) Stop Boff passive traits stacking. That way with Superior Op you only get 1 Boff's crit chance added to your overall Offensive stats.

-2) Redesign the trait, take out the crit chance and make it into something else. I myself am not exactly in favour for this but hey it's an option.

-3) Redesign how Boffs get their traits. Take a look at the Captain traits and make a likewise system for boffs so we can get boffs of all races that come equipped with selectable traits. Give the crit chance trait to x amount of boff races on all sides of the fence and that way you'll get rid of the OP Rommie boffs and maybe you'll make it less important.

Verdict; plenty of ways to fix the current issue. Obviously it'll take some more thought and engineering but Cryptic can and *HAS* to fix it. I myself am personally in favor of a combo of 1 and 3. Give people more choices on their favourite Boffs rather then force people to use certain types of Boffs that they probably don't even want.

I rest my case.
    edited April 2014
    Romulans: 160 power.

Feds and KDF: 200 power.

That is 40 power you can dump into shields to make even a weak Fed or KDF ship more resilient than a durable Romulan one (With the same equipment) .

Do you realise how underpowered romulans are power wise? And maybe, just maybe they need something to MAKE UP FOR IT WITH?!?!

Plasmonic leach +100 power +

My 6 Romulan characters run + 125 power in wepons shields and engines without any problems

• redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    With a leech and a few other adjustments you can run any romulan ship at 200 power. The statement that Romulans -40 power makes up for the massive boost they get to crit is a joke. You can get them with no effort to have the same power levels as Fed and KDF, then their true OP'ness hangs out.
    edited April 2014

Plasmonic leach +100 power +

My 6 Romulan characters run + 125 power in wepons shields and engines without any problems

Um...how is this Free leach console that every romulan ship has on them?

Ooooh you mean the 40mil ec one? Will you buy one for the romulans? All of them?
    edited April 2014
    With a leech and a few other adjustments you can run any romulan ship at 200 power. The statement that Romulans -40 power makes up for the massive boost they get to crit is a joke. You can get them with no effort to have the same power levels as Fed and KDF, then their true OP'ness hangs out.

Feds dont need a 40 mil console to be on the same level as the other ones.

So your whole point is a JOKE There.

"OOOOOOH it is fair, just you need to buy a 40 mil ec console ?"

What is wrong with you? Seriously?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Roms can ally with the KDF who can get the leech from the Vandal.

Also run a few EPtX skills with some doffs and power levels aren't an issue. Plus you have the Valdore console, which is basically a cheat console, to greatly help any issues with shield power from the absorb on that thing. I play 2 Roms and have absolutely no issues with power levels. The -40 isn't a problem at all. Roms are OP and need to be nerfed into the ground.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited April 2014
    lan451 wrote: »

Also run a few EPtX skills with some doffs and power levels aren't an issue. Plus you have the Valdore console, which is basically a cheat console, to greatly help any issues with shield power from the absorb on that thing. I play 2 Roms and have absolutely no issues with power levels. The -40 isn't a problem at all. Roms are OP and need to be nerfed into the ground.

Agreed 100%

edited April 2014

A: What if you dont want to ally with KDF? I dont want to be forced to choose an ally.

B:EPTX helps, but it helps kdf and feds just as much.

C: Valdore console only works with a very low chance. Its not reliable. Like the Singularity powers, its a one shot every 2-3 minutes gimmick that doesnt help at all in any harder content.

D: You mean, you enjoy seeing the stuff of others ruined and it should be ruined because that makes you happy. Real nice of you.
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Your the one with this "Issue" spouting off in multiple threads with every single other person posting that you are wrong. But I guess every other player in the game is wrong but your right. lol. It is common knowledge that the -40 power to Romulan ships is overcame with little difficulty. Your on this one man crusade to defend operitive stacking that gives Romulans a clear extremely overpowered advantage over other ships and factions. And you can spout off that the sky is not blue over and over but it will not change reality or facts. In all likelihood this stacking is going to be nerfed in the future. Just like the double tap was, and in time it will be "looked at" and adjusted. Just like in time the Aux2Bat Tech Doff Statcking will be revamped. So keep on trying to convince everyone that the sky is not blue. It's been entertaining.
    edited April 2014
    Your the one with this "Issue" spouting off in multiple threads with every single other person posting that you are wrong. But I guess every other player in the game is wrong but your right. lol. It is common knowledge that the -40 power to Romulan ships is overcame with little difficulty. Your on this one man crusade to defend operitive stacking that gives Romulans a clear extremely overpowered advantage over other ships and factions. And you can spout off that the sky is not blue over and over but it will not change reality or facts. In all likelihood this stacking is going to be nerfed in the future. Just like the double tap was, and in time it will be "looked at" and adjusted. Just like in time the Aux2Bat Tech Doff Statcking will be revamped. So keep on trying to convince everyone that the sky is not blue. It's been entertaining.

You are the one who is wrong. Since all your solutions are , game wise, hard to achieve, They are not an universal solution.

No matter how many people lie how often, a lie is still a lie. Claim that the sky is purple with orange squares on it, its still false.
    edited April 2014
    A: What if you dont want to ally with KDF? I dont want to be forced to choose an ally.

C: Valdore console only works with a very low chance. Its not reliable. Like the Singularity powers, its a one shot every 2-3 minutes gimmick that doesnt help at all in any harder content.

D: You mean, you enjoy seeing the stuff of others ruined and it should be ruined because that makes you happy. Real nice of you.

People have given you options to mitigate and eliminate the -40 power levels so that it isn't a problem. If you just don't want to, then that's your problem. It doesn't make the Roms any less OP. They still need to be nerfed badly.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited April 2014
    You are the one who is wrong. Since all your solutions are , game wise, hard to achieve, They are not an universal solution.

No matter how many people lie how often, a lie is still a lie. Claim that the sky is purple with orange squares on it, its still false.

The only one here that is trying to assert that the sky is purple with orange squares on it is you.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited April 2014

Its clear to me you need to play a FED human character and a klingon character because you do not know just how overpowered you are as romulan

until you do................your posts just look silly

edited April 2014
    People have given you options to mitigate and eliminate the -40 power levels so that it isn't a problem. If you just don't want to, then that's your problem. It doesn't make the Roms any less OP. They still need to be nerfed badly.

They gave options that take an EXTRAORDINARY hard effort to make. You really think that buying a 40mil ec Plasmonic leech is an OPTION to everybody?

You are living a fantasy. You are claiming that a faction is overpowered if they get the best and most expensive console in game.

What about all the players who cant afford that? WHat about the players who are not the "1% pvp elite with a trillion EC and 9000 dollars per month to spend in game" ?

No, they dont matter to you . You posted your solution, an argument that is akin to telling the starving people in the third world to go to their bank account, take out a million dollars and buy food.

it doesnt even cross your mind that perhaps they cant do that.
    edited April 2014

Its clear to me you need to play a FED human character and a klingon character because you do not know just how overpowered you are as romulan

until you do................your posts just look silly

I got 10 feds, 5 romulans and 5 kdf.

Romulans take much more of an investment to be competitive in PVE than Feds. They are too fragile, while Feds and KDFs are much more durable.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What about all the players who cant afford that? WHat about the players who are not the "1% pvp elite with a trillion EC and 9000 dollars per month to spend in game" ?
    if you seriously think only PvPers can make money in this game, think again

i don't PvP and i've gone over 400m multiple times, even hit 500m once

and i don't play the exchange all day like some dumbasses do either
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited April 2014
    You're getting hung up on one single console that you don't even really need. Does it help? It sure does. Is it absolutely necessary? No. The PVE content in this game is so easy that you don't need 125 in all your power systems to beat it. You can steamroll it with almost nothing. The only one living in a fantasy is you.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For a while when the lock box was active the leach was under 15 mil. I picked up a few for my toons for about 1-2 mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
    edited April 2014
    Again, the infuriating trend of elitists thinking they are everything and everybody.

It is easy... for an eliteist mine maxer like you.

Gone over 400million ec?

I havent ever had more than 20 million ec on a character after 4 years, and no more than 30 mil ec on my whole account of 20 characters.

I do admit I cant afford to sell keys or ship modules for EC on the exchange. So is that why I should be nerfed to the useless ground? Because I'm not rich enough, and the pay to win people are complaining that pay to win romulans in their scimitars with A2B techinicans and FAW are busting them.

So instead of nerfing A2B, FAW, they nerf the whole romulans because clearly that was the problem.

I should be angry, but all this elitist blindness is rather...sad.
    edited April 2014
    I got 10 feds, 5 romulans and 5 kdf.

Romulans take much more of an investment to be competitive in PVE than Feds. They are too fragile, while Feds and KDFs are much more durable.

Then your not playing your Roms right................I got no problems tanking the boss cube at infected elite from start to finish or donatra at Kitomer or tanking the negvars at cure elite along with the agro from the cubes

perhaps your builds are not right or your playstyle idk which but roms are very good tanks.. just not the same way Feds are

I am not trying to flame you either but in our fleet we stress Tanking and agro management over dps and console gimmicks

its easy to tank with roms because your SRO's give you all the dps you need freeing up consoles for defense and skills for tanking

you might be over DPS'ing your ships

edited April 2014
    So instead of nerfing A2B, FAW, they nerf the whole romulans because clearly that was the problem.

No one is saying that those aren't problems as well. They are. A2B stacking, BFAW spamming, DEM + Marion, the doff system as a whole, etc. All of those need to be taken down from where they are. But that doesn't mean that the Roms aren't a problem either. This entire game has spiraled out of control. STO doesn't just need a nerf bat taken to it, it needs frakin' Nerf Mjollnir taken to it.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited April 2014
    Why not just give it harder enemies to fight? Anyway, Cryptic would be too lazy to do that even if the playerbase wanted it.

Sto doesnt need a nerf bat. It needs a completely separate PVP, and it needs new, harder enemies. Iconians, anybody?

But honestly, if the Operatives were taken out, than it would be really a blessing if romulans could use a warp core instead of the singularity ones.

I'm not saying its not possible for romulans to be OP. I'm just saying that its a really hard to achieve min-maxer trick that really should not be the reason to bring every romulan player down.

I know the "learn to play" argument, but really I can pull 11k dps on an orion eng with a mogh, and a rom tac scimitar. That's how much the high power levels count on the kdf. And the kdf one can tank an elite tactical borg cube without a problem. The Scimitar can barely do it if I get lucky and the borg doesnt crit. Both of them got the Maco set, and 2 fleet mark XII turn neutroniums. Scimi got Fleet advanced Disruptors DHCS, the Eng got Fleet advanced Antiproton Dcs. (I took Dcs because a long time ago I thought crits and procs happened per hit, not per cycle)

But with romulans, it is easy to tank...but you need to sacrifice damage for it. As I said above, a kdf or a fed can tank just as well without sacrificing damage.

My fed Fleet patrol escort got 125 weapon and 100 shield power without leech.
    My romulan fleet Valdore go 125 weapon power and 60 shield power without leech.

They got mostly the same layout. The Romulan does do more damage, but the Fed can take more damage. So the romulan needs to kill the enemy faster than the fed, because it cant survive as long as the fed.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I havent ever had more than 20 million ec on a character after 4 years, and no more than 30 mil ec on my whole account of 20 characters.
    that's...not right; if you have 20 characters, you clearly have some significant time to devote to the game, so you should have a tidy stockpile of money

do you use foundry farming missions? you can pull in 500K average from those with 10 minutes of pure shooting

doffing? kdf marauding missions pull in contraband, which a stack of 250 sells for 10m or so, and plenty of contraband-giving missions show up in eta eridani, regulus, and beta ursae (probably the other 2 cardassian sectors as well, but i never bother to check there)

you can also exchange refugees and hope you get a purple out of it, but that's really hit-and-miss, both because the chances of getting a purple are low and because even if you do, said purple may be a sucky one

stockpiling limited-time event items like winter outfits and ornaments or summer outfits and favors are also a good way of making money, albeit rather slow because you have to wait for the price to climb

and there are many, many more ways to make EC, almost none of which requires a player to be elite or have stockpiles of RL cash on hand; about the only thing that does is ker'rat, because you have to fend off both enemy players as well as the borg
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.