test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A single queue for all space or ground game types?

magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Is the ability to queue for a particular type of map a good thing given the limited pool of active pvpers available?

Obviously, the PvP clearly needs some ranking+match making, F+K teams, pre-made bracketing, new game modes and a reputation system... But, in the current, or even future scenarios, isn't queueing for a limited 3 out of 4 or more events counter productive?

Wouldn't it be better if they game automatically cycled you through game types and match modes instead of the player inevitably queueing for the most popular map? It's how many other arena based games have done things for ages, and it helps keep the game fresh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wouldn't it be better if they game automatically cycled you through game types and match modes instead of the player inevitably queueing for the most popular map?

No, it wouldn't be better because atm we have to put points in to 100% space or 100% ground, and i wouldn't want to queue up on my space toon and end up in a ground match and vise verse, i wouldn't want to queue up on my ground toon and end up in a space match, so no, i say leave it as is this way i can choose what i want to play in, and on top of that, if they did add something like this, you will see a LOT of spacers just beam out from the ground as soon as they beam in (spacers are afraid of ground)
    ogew7.jpg
  • magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well obviously space and ground would be completely different options. I should have spelt that out in the OP I suppose.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well obviously space and ground would be completely different options. I should have spelt that out in the OP I suppose.

Not really I read that you wanted one que for space and ground.

The answer to the question your really asking I guess is no.

There are fans of both game modes that would be annoyed being forced to play the other.

All forcing to them together would do is reduce the number of people quing up at all. imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not really I read that you wanted one que for space and ground.

The answer to the question your really asking I guess is no.

There are fans of both game modes that would be annoyed being forced to play the other.

All forcing to them together would do is reduce the number of people quing up at all. imo

I feel that at the moment, Capture and Hold is practically dead. Even when queued for both, and fed arena, 19 times out of 20, arena pops first.

Another suggestion would be to increase the number of game modes a player can queue for to unlimited. (or is there a reason why there is a limit I'm not seeing?)
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited January 2014
    I feel that at the moment, Capture and Hold is practically dead. Even when queued for both, and fed arena, 19 times out of 20, arena pops first.

That's because Cap and Hold is boring.
    edited January 2014
    Ya force most PvP people to play cap and hold everytime (or chance to have to) and they will just private que more often and completely kill the ques.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hurleybird wrote: »
    That's because Cap and Hold is boring.

That's because it's always filled with ****** who think it's Arena. Your kills don't gain you anything in there, fools! :mad:

I'm in favor of combining all space C&H into one queue, and all of Arena into one queue. It would make them pop faster on slow days. Plus it would be just heartbreaking for those Klink "premades" who think a "pugstomp" is a glorious victory, which is a bonus. :cool:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • lordcuttersladelordcutterslade Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cutter approves!!!
    Combine Ground and Space queues...bring it...
    i want to see Jorf on Ground!!!:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC]Everything is awesome![/SIGPIC]
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hanover2 wrote: »
    That's because it's always filled with ****** who think it's Arena. Your kills don't gain you anything in there, fools! :mad:
    And that's the main reason i love it, cuz as a ground pvper i can go into space and die as much as i want and not worry about my team getting mad at me because i am a noob unlike in arena where if i die, the other team gets points
    ogew7.jpg
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cutter approves!!!

Why is it that all Ground PvPers know how to do Space PvP, but no Space PvPers know how to do Ground PvP?
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why is it that all Ground PvPers know how to do Space PvP, but no Space PvPers know how to do Ground PvP?

Probably because the only reason most of us are here is the Space combat.

And most of us play Ground in other games. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have mentioned a "random game mode" many times but the min/maxes or people who refuse to play space/ground cried... I would love a mode like this and I think the majority of the casual community would too.
    edited January 2014
    I have mentioned a "random game mode" many times but the min/maxes or people who refuse to play space/ground cried... I would love a mode like this and I think the majority of the casual community would too.

Most of the "casual" community that you think your speaking for are just like the games space PvPers... They also prefer space maps. Now I am speaking for them... perhaps we should just say neither of us know how the majority of people like to play the game. lol

I would guess though judging by the fact that the same % of people are quing for space PvE over ground PvE, (as we see in the pvp ques) that my thinking is closer to the truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baldguywithacapebaldguywithacape Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually I kind of think people don't play ground because they suck at it... you would be surprised how many people it takes to kill one player who is just decent.

:rolleyes:

-Florence, that guy who just happens to be on the right end of a sniper rifle.
  • jmiticpjmiticp Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually I kind of think people don't play ground because they suck at it... you would be surprised how many people it takes to kill one player who is just decent.

:rolleyes:

-Florence, that guy who just happens to be on the right end of a sniper rifle.

Stop trying to make yourself cool and don't troll us. :cool:

On-topic. Umm... okay. Sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ''The most disgusting ship you can ever see in the universe. Yes. Truly.''

______
    Someone random
  • sammy98745362sammy98745362 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jmiticp wrote: »
    Stop trying to make yourself cool and don't troll us. :cool:

On-topic. Umm... okay. Sure.

I can do space pvp but i think have lost my touch at it
  • xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hell no... no just no
    unless they add something more interesting to ground pvp, no
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cutter approves!!!

Yes hmm yes. You'll be on the ground and I'll be in my ship. Now CUT you just stand wherever you want, destabilized plasma torp impact in 3.....2.....1. BOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Dil'iva's Destabilized Plasma Torpedo deals 400,000 kinetic damage to Cutter Slade.

Oh wait I think I misunderstood the thread....

In all seriousness, having the option of a random match in addition to what we have might be interesting. I'd queue for it.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lol.....combined ground and space map - everytime a space player fires on the planet, cue random Orbital Strikes all over the Ground zone.