test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aux2bat and beam doffs?

droidloverdroidlover Member Posts: 26 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Romulan Discussion
I am currently running an aux2bat build with three purple technician doffs. I also have three blue doffs that reduce the cool downs on beam special attacks. Will the beam doffs work in conjunction with the aux2bat? Or am I wasting doff space?
Post edited by droidlover on

Comments

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Probably overkill, since there is still a 15 second global that you can't reduce past (and if you're running dual A2B, you're already there anyways).
  • gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It might work technically, but since you would want to use FAW and APB together, having FAW on a shorter cd would mess up your rotation.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can't reduce past global cd. Don't bother.
  • droidloverdroidlover Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ok, thanks. I will find other doffs to exploit.
  • amaresh1amaresh1 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Once you get to global cool down you cannot reduce the BOFF cool downs any further. 3 Purple techs and aux to battery will get you to global cool down so yep you are waste doff space. (I have already tried this.) Some alternatives. Cheapish alternatives. Warp Core Engineers. Boost power when emergency powers are engaged. There are expensive alternatives. Marrion, Dyrene, Zemock. Etc.
  • chlamidiotchlamidiot Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Global, shared, system... if you really care to use the right words the truth is out there. But, honestly, nobody around here cares to so just go with this: when a power hits the point where the cooldown can't be reduced any more the UI power icon will switch from a spinning clock to a draining horizontal line. If you're hitting horizontal you're good.
    -notredricky
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It seems like the beam doffs only have a "chance" to reduce it's cooldown. Techs ALWAYS reduce it. Don't even bother with beam doffs. Save your two other doff slots for something actually useful.
  • silverwidow2silverwidow2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have 2 purple techs and the cool down is right in sink with my tac abilities if you use beams I would suggest I energy weapons officer that gives beam overload shield pen of 30% or more depending on lvl of officer it it melts ships like there nothing and by the time torps hit it is over.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have 2 purple techs and the cool down is right in sink with my tac abilities if you use beams I would suggest I energy weapons officer that gives beam overload shield pen of 30% or more depending on lvl of officer it it melts ships like there nothing and by the time torps hit it is over.

A2b cruisers won't be using bo, they would be using faw. Sticking bo in there will effectively kill their dps. And they won't have torps either.
  • silverwidow2silverwidow2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i use it on my fleet avenger for big npc ships and works great my setup gives me good Aoe damage and more if I use pulse feedback in concert with FAW and TS. made mobs cry in the mirror event lol.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=dardanosone_0
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    droidlover wrote: »
    ok, Thanks. I Will Find Other Doffs To Exploit.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    A2b cruisers won't be using bo, they would be using faw. Sticking bo in there will effectively kill their dps. And they won't have torps either.

Well an a2b cruiser isn't done with his 2 tech doffs...
  • rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well there's that Tal-Shiar Energy Weapons DOFF that has a chance to up shield power when using energy weapons. Of course the purple one will be expensive on the Exchange but it has a chance of +20 to shield power.