test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9: A New Accord Is Warping Your Way on April 22nd, 2014!

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Star Trek Online team is proud to announce the launch of Season 9: A New Accord on April 22nd, 2014!

Follow the link to our blog for full details.

Make sure to also check out our latest video, recapping the story so far from our Feature Episodes which all lead into the upcoming release of Season 9. Stay tuned for more info about the conclusion of the story featured here in this amazing spotlight video of some of the most dramatic scenes from Star Trek Online.

We hope you enjoy what's to come, and we will see you in-game!

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Wowsers! I knew they had mentioned an April release, but I was really thinking it'd be more like start of May at the earliest. Looking forward to the updates hitting Holodeck though!

Really want my new kits from Tribble, and the new ESD to stand around in and do nothing hahaha.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow, that's not far from now. I anxiously look forward to the release, and the new queued events and activities coming in.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The 22nd, eh? Moving away from Thursday Seasonal releases? I was thinking the release date would be the 24th...not that I'm complaining or anything. ;)
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited April 2014
    WOW - a week earlier than predicted.

Looking forward to the new release (nerfs, redesigns, and re-rebalancing).
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice trailer.

So no fleet holdings?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That would explain why, after the Junior Officer event, we go straight into a week-long bonus XP event!
  • miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am expecting undine lockbox eventually. Hirogen turned out to be meh.
  • exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The 22nd, eh? Moving away from Thursday Seasonal releases? I was thinking the release date would be the 24th...not that I'm complaining or anything. ;)

it means the server crush will be tues + wed so that it can actually be played by most people on thursday

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014

Lol, it's a Tuesday in case they TRIBBLE up once more and we're left with crashing servers and nasty gameplay bugs for a week.
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hence the end of me being able to play STO seeing i havent seen any indication of the issues with older video cards that can currently play holodeck but not able to on tribble beng resolved
  • no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hope that's enough time to iron out the kinks. The undine infiltration ground mission and quite a few things still need work.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wow, a week earlier then I thought it would be. Nice. (Although I hope they do a LOT of bug squashing with regard to what's currently on Tribble.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    April 22nd, if Tribble is any indication, the day people complain about graphics looking horrible over and over again.

The worst part, still no indication that the secondary deflectors or the energy siphon doff fixes are making it into season 9.

Well, at least Red alert and Omega rep fixes are on their way to us finally.
  • spaceblahdspaceblahd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wow, a week earlier then I thought it would be. Nice. (Although I hope they do a LOT of bug squashing with regard to what's currently on Tribble.)

I hear that! Great we're getting it early but really hope it's not rushed. wonder if there's going to be a 9.5. Really hope not :P
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yaaaay! More bugs!
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    Nice trailer.

So no fleet holdings?

Maybe in the future but not at season release.......
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I only have one word regarding this and it's Meh There is nothing with Season 9 that makes me want to play so wake me up when Season 10 comes
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    This, IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I EVER SAW!!!…

Glad to see someone's happy… :o
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yay.. I look forward to that day with great anticipation. I especially love the new ESD.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    I only have one word regarding this and it's Meh There is nothing with Season 9 that makes me want to play so wake me up when Season 10 comes

Same here it feels like its going to be another grind that really isn't worth it because they removed the aspect of wanting to do a reputation lol. They haven't said anything thus far that has excited me about wanting to come back and play lol.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    exa12 wrote: »
    it means the server crush will be tues + wed so that it can actually be played by most people on thursday
    That's...actually not bad planning as Crytptic goes. It could work out.
    lucho80 wrote: »
    April 22nd, if Tribble is any indication, the day people complain about graphics looking horrible over and over again.

The worst part, still no indication that the secondary deflectors or the energy siphon doff fixes are making it into season 9.

Well, at least Red alert and Omega rep fixes are on their way to us finally.

Well they may be in the pipeline just a few months back. Recall that load outs didn't make it into Season 8.5 either.

But what about raider flanking?
    Yay.. I look forward to that day with great anticipation. I especially love the new ESD.

Its' so beautiful. It's gonna be interesting to see it filled with people.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same here it feels like its going to be another grind that really isn't worth it because they removed the aspect of wanting to do a reputation for some peoplelol. They haven't said anything thus far that has excited me about wanting to come back and play lol.
    I took the liberty to fix that for you, since you forgot to add what is bolded.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The only thing I'm looking forward to in Season 9 is the new ESD. Congrats to the environmental dev team. :)

As for the rest of Season 9: wow, I'm just buzzing in excitement and anticipation for another reputation tab with fun and challenging STF-like missions.

Oh, damn, my sarcasm detector broke.
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I took the liberty to fix that for you, since you forgot to add what is bolded.

Wow, how profoundly intelligent of you! :rolleyes: /sarcasm

I guess the concept of speaking one's mind is lost on you.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • gameshogungameshogun Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh yeah! Season 9, Season 9, Season 9.

Time to kill more Species 8472!
    [ Home | Bio | Send me a gift! ]
    [ Blog: YOOki Chronicles ]
    [ Verify me: Keybase | OpenPGP ]

"Someone should do a story where a Horta meets a Vorta. And then they find a portal to Vorta-Vor and become immortal. Sorta." ~Christopher L. Bennett
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Its' so beautiful. It's gonna be interesting to see it filled with people.

Yes, I agree.. the art team/department really excelled themselves and I definitely will be strolling around there a lot. I just wished the bug squishing department would deliver something anywhere close to that kind of quality.

On another note, I also really like the changes to the rep system, but I guess I'm in the minority here.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Awesome! I'm biting my nails in anticipation!

And a week earlier than expected, nice! Great job, devs!
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes, I agree.. the art team/department really excelled themselves and I definitely will be strolling around there a lot. I just wished the bug squishing department would deliver something anywhere close to that kind of quality.

On another note, I also really like the changes to the rep system, but I guess I'm in the minority here.

The art team is STO's biggest asset. They go A&B on literally every possible occasion.

You hear that, Tacofangs? You should be lead dev, and then some!
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You do know I'll be on Safari at the time of release, right? This is very inconvenient.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Even less content than the terrible and horrible season 8.
    And they make us belive that the Cryptic Eng were working on PVP.. lol.

Get ready foundry guys, is the UGC turn now.. maybe they upgrade the "Publish" icon.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com