test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does it feel like...

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
...the doff assignment failure rate is off? Yeah yeah, old issue I imagine. If I see an assignment that has a 15% chance to fail, I interpret that as 50%. Because that is what it feels like having done many assignments since the system was released. Even if it has a tiny percent chance to fail, like maybe 5%, the results of doing that assignment certainly feels like it's 50% or more.

The paranoid side of me is saying that what is presented in the game is inaccurate, and purposely done to get people to buy more doff packs and get better doffs or something. :P
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• puckchaserpuckchaser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They have done something to the numbers, I think I have failed or green quality the last 7-8 Asylum missions with Recruits like T'Pel and Kaass for Vulcan and Neva Gertrudis Wahid and Jeffery Toby Lamar for Earth. I used to get an occasional fail but it seems like the rate has skyrocketed lately. I haven't seen a critical success in about 2-3 weeks now.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nah, you just had a run of bad luck.

I got a purple DCE from the Dominion today so I know it's not everything. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I used to track this stuff and never found any set that wasn't consistent with randomness.

Now I just point out that your string of bad luck is unlikely, but assuming only a thousand players actively pursue the doff system, at any given time you'd expect fifty of them to have worse luck than that. You're in the bottom standard deviation and that's very unfortunate, but if nobody were there that would be much better evidence that the numbers aren't random.
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nah, you just had a run of bad luck.

I got a purple DCE from the Dominion today so I know it's not everything. :P

I've done Dominion prisoner exchanges with 0% chance for green/white doffs and gotten common doffs from them. Very annoying when you trade a purple vorta for a common cardassian.
  • ourmasterourmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    xablis wrote: »
    I've done Dominion prisoner exchanges with 0% chance for green/white doffs and gotten common doffs from them. Very annoying when you trade a purple vorta for a common cardassian.

Numbers displayed are rounded. So you could have 0.1-0.5% chance for common one.
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ourmaster wrote: »
    Numbers displayed are rounded. So you could have 0.1-0.5% chance for common one.

True, but when "common" is not even shown on the possible results list with an uncommon showing 0%, trading a purple in and getting a common should not be possible, that 0.1-0.5% should be the chance on an uncommon when that is the lowest option shown.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just have to know what their skill is or what they're good at. Got to read the fine print. Though some do have issues. Trade ones sometimes don't end too well. I got one guy with 20% rate but he can still mess things up. Security is not a science and Engineer is not Security. The recommendations for the task in hand. So I would see the complete list.

Mine shows me that security is good for trades deals, how can that be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • ourmasterourmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    xablis wrote: »
    True, but when "common" is not even shown on the possible results list with an uncommon showing 0%, trading a purple in and getting a common should not be possible, that 0.1-0.5% should be the chance on an uncommon when that is the lowest option shown.
    Yeah, it is strange.