test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elachi Crescent Cannon + Operative

kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Academy
I am interested in the Elachi Crescent Cannon Pistol, because of it's huge damage secondary fire attack. But I want to know how it would work with the Operative Kit? Since the secondary fire has a four second charge-up when would it break your stealth: before the charge-up leaving you standing still in plain sight for 4 seconds, or after the charge-up?

Thanks for your help.
Post edited by kamiyama317 on

Comments

• Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited April 2014
    Yes you will be rooted at start of charge up for 4 seconds with an AOE effect showing so good for some PvE but otherwise a waste better to get an Elachi compression pistol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While this weapons has a powerful secondary beware that you can not buff the secondary shot. Ambush, target optics, battle strategies, and the tacs team tactical buff will not buff it. If you are going to use it in PvE I would time it just right. Try to group multiple enemies in the AoE. If you are a science toon use the physicist kit and the electro gravtic ability to hold you enemies in huge AoE. If not have you Bridge officers do it. You are obviously a tac because to the operative question. So with a bridge crew build them around holding your enemy. Give your engineers fuse armor. Give your tactical suppressing fire. Your science eltro- grav and anesthesia gas. They abilities will allow you bridge officers to hold you enemies in the AoE. The weapon is well worth it but is extremely circumstantial on when and where to use.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this weapon as a leveling weapon and PVE weapon is very good, i used it from the moment i created a character right to level 50, the cone attack is annoying as u have to guarantee the target wont move but it hits with a punch.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If it breaks stealth while it's charging up and I can't buff it with ambush then I won't be getting it. I was looking at it because it seemed like it would hit harder than a pulsewave, but if I can't buff it, then it won't.

I will take a look at the elachi compression pistols on the Exchange, though. Depending on how much damage they do I will give one a try.

Thanks for the help!