test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

On the bridge of the Bortasqu'

fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
Looking forward I can see part of the neck and beyond that some of the hammerhead head. On each side we can see the wings and the nacelles. There are quarters on the nacelles. We know that because we can see windows on them when the lights are on. From our bridge view we cannot see any windows. I suppose all the lights are out because everybody went to bed or is not there for any reason.

The bridge is gigantic. The crew sit miles away from each other. The captain cannot see the other crew members. She cannot see if they are doing their job or are playing startrek online. No need for control. A klingon is a man of honour. He would not put blame on performing his duty.

Then we go to fly this impressive ship and we are on a distant outside view. When we zoom in we can see the details of the ship such as the windows on the nacelles. The crew is up and busy I suppose. I am also very puzzled. Where the hell was I standing when I was inside on the bridge. There is a bridge, or a structure that I suppose is the bridge, but that is not the place where I was. It is much more forward on the neck.

I don't know if there is a name for this kind of stuff in movie making. I suppose there is. Incohesion of decor. Like an actor standing on a balcony of an appartment building. In the distance we see the eifel tower. Yet he is in London.

BTW. I would redesign this ship not only for the reason I am talking about, but although the ship has a nice line from the side, after you launch the BoP it really is spoiled. Just as something is missing. It looks unfinished. Get rid of that BoP and fill up the space with two hangar bays.
Post edited by fovrel on

Comments

• micadog5micadog5 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The bridge on the c-store Bortasqu' doesn't exactly exist. The BoP takes up that area. Can still see it on the free (or 200k FC) version, its the thing on the very top of the ship.

As for the bridge size, I wouldn't mind seeing it a tad smaller. That's the same for almost every bridge in this game, though. The Odyssey bridge (not the famous 'Aquarius' bridge) is somewhat comparable to it for size and style.
    fovrel wrote: »
    Incohesion of decor.

"Cohesion" is how well something sticks to something else, which can apply to decor, but I don't think that is what you were shooting for.
    The word you may have been thinking of is "Inconsistency"

As for hangars, the BoP already has to fold its wings weirdly to fit on the ship, there isn't room for hangar bays. Besides, we already have enough ships with hangar bays in the game. Want hangar bays? Jump in a Vo'quv.