test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggested Improvements to game

st3a1th2st3a1th2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Federation Discussion
In the four years I have been playing STO there is one thing that I have always wanted to see changed and something that will improve the game drastically. That it the way it feels at the moment on both ground and space it feels to constricted it don’t feel free and natural. It would be nice to allow us to be able to bowl roll the ships and use x and z axis instead of have to spiral upwards. The ground also need to feel more like call of duty or armed assault in the respect of how free the player feels when moving about. I also wonder do dev’s actually read these post

Regards
St3@!th
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    engine limitations make these currently impossible without a lot of time and money invested into tweaking the engine to let these happen.
  • st3a1th2st3a1th2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    so thats what they should do then surely
  • flyingcatmanflyingcatman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    engine limitations make these currently impossible without a lot of time and money invested into tweaking the engine to let these happen.
    I really don't buy this excuse.
  • sevmragesevmrage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't see it as an engine limitation as much as it is flight and control programming. It would take some serious work to rewrite the controls and physics to allow for six-axis flight.
    Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
    khayuung wrote: »
    Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
  • daniel672daniel672 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It would just take a lot off time to do.