test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unique items

captainkirk300captainkirk300 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
It seems as if I discover something interesting every day in this game.... I have always been interested in unique items such as the photonic tactical officer, certain zen items you can squire with energy credits, Etc.. So today I was at earth space dock when I saw something very interesting posted by the very well known ESD chatter Lt commander data... He posted I finally got a Life... Life is a ground shield heal device... I pmed him asking where he got that and he replied saying devs give you amazing things for enough money... My question to you forum stalker out there is simple, are there any other unique items out there I haven't found yet? What is this life item? If android tribbles is trolling me, how? Any post about ultra rare items available on the exchange or ghost items like the life device are welcomed.
Post edited by captainkirk300 on

Comments

• adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't think there are many truely unique items, Rarest I can think of are things like the TR-1516 Rifle ( which is so rare I've only encoutered one Once in game, the only reason i noticed it was because it left shell casings on the floor ) , because those are actually finite in number based off of a pre order of the original boxed copy i think?

Most of the stuff availible in game now is theoretically infinite, ( and often Tradable between players in the case of lockbox items) providing the resources can be collected and spent, if you have the cash, you can get the item and its not very unique that way
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the rarest item i have atm is a "Transwarp Token - Starbase K7". You can guess what it does. Its different from the Transwarp coils available in the dil store. Dont know where it got it from...it just sits in my bank now.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lyanaar wrote: »
    the rarest item i have atm is a "Transwarp Token - Starbase K7". You can guess what it does. Its different from the Transwarp coils available in the dil store. Dont know where it got it from...it just sits in my bank now.

I'm trying to think carefully so as not to make an error, but Don't we have that ability anyway now? That token must be pretty old then?
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    I'm trying to think carefully so as not to make an error, but Don't we have that ability anyway now? That token must be pretty old then?

Should be end of beta or season 1. Its my oldest char. Never used one and never found another one.

Pic or it didnt happen :Dhttp://de.tinypic.com/r/2n1rfvb/8
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok Not as rare as "one of a kind" but the Red Matter Capacitor is up there in rarity because the collectors addition box set is getting hard to find and more expensive to buy once you do find it.

I LOVE Mine.:D

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Red_Matter_Capacitor
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    As far as I an aware there are a few items that not available other than in box sets things:

Chromodynamic Armour
    Multi-spatial Personal Shield
    TR-116A Sniper Rifle

Neodymium Deflector Array
    Red Matter Capacitor

Console - Engineering - Radiometric Converter
    Console - Science - EMH
    Console - Tactical - Automated Defence Turret
    Console - Tactical - Light Phaser Satellite Turret
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It seems as if I discover something interesting every day in this game.... I have always been interested in unique items such as the photonic tactical officer, certain zen items you can squire with energy credits, Etc.. So today I was at earth space dock when I saw something very interesting posted by the very well known ESD chatter Lt commander data... He posted I finally got a Life... Life is a ground shield heal device... I pmed him asking where he got that and he replied saying devs give you amazing things for enough money... My question to you forum stalker out there is simple, are there any other unique items out there I haven't found yet? What is this life item? If android tribbles is trolling me, how? Any post about ultra rare items available on the exchange or ghost items like the life device are welcomed.

Are you sure it's a device?

My first thought was that he posted/linked the name of a Doff in General chat, and it simply displayed the doff ability.
  • captainkirk300captainkirk300 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are you sure it's a device?

My first thought was that he posted/linked the name of a Doff in General chat, and it simply displayed the doff ability.

It said consumed on use
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lyanaar wrote: »

Sounds like the defunct DS9 voting rights system. IIRC when it (sometimes) worked, a diplomat would show up for a short period of time on the upper promenade with a store full of transwarp tokens or something like that. This allowed players without ranked-up Diplomacy to get access to transwarps back in an era before Doffs when ranking up Diplomacy was a lot harder.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I want to get a Life, too ;)

I'm sure the Devs would get a kick out of it if you asked them to give you a Life.

Seriously... you've either been pranked or you're pranking us a couple of days late. But it was good for a chuckle.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Seriously... you've either been pranked or you're pranking us a couple of days late. But it was good for a chuckle.

Considering the source named in the OP, I'm going with "The OP has been thoroughly Punk'd."