test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About the Undine rep T2 space tactical precision passive traitr

spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
So what do you think about the T2 space tactical precision passive trait?
http://i.imgur.com/O0l9GMt.jpg
You would choose it?
Throw in your opinions
P58WJe7.jpg

Post edited by spaceeagle20 on

Comments

• khanrebornkhanreborn Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    considering the alternative is quite lackluster...
    chaq yuvtlhe' nIt 'Iw 'etlh Ha' yay je
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tier 2 8472 rep is going to be one of the most used reputation passives. In PvE it's pretty much more crth/crtd chance due to NPCs have little to no defensive value. For PvP it'll pretty much be a prerequisite for fighting.

Note: With the new rep system you don't choose one or the other, they both become available to you. The choice comes in when you have to choose 4 active passive rep powers.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    With the new limited-trait system, I don't see myself using any of the new passives. Way too situational and not powerful enough.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is what I said in another thread.
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I'd prefer "Tactical Precision" give a flat accuracy bonus rather than a variable one based on how many tactical bridge officer abilities were activated within the last 15 seconds. The current implementation favors Aux-to-Batt builds and ships with higher-rank tac stations.

I think most people will take the crit passives and Omega Weapon Training. If they were running an Aux-to-Batt build, then they would probably prefer "Tactical Precision" to one of the aux-based passives. I could see many people choosing "Nanoprobe Field Generator" as well, depending on how often it stacks.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    This is what I said in another thread.

I think most people will take the crit passives and Omega Weapon Training. If they were running an Aux-to-Batt build, then they would probably prefer "Tactical Precision" to one of the aux-based passives. I could see many people choosing "Nanoprobe Field Generator" as well, depending on how often it stacks.
    Actually i have an auxtobat build so... if i interpret it correctly, activating 5 tac abilities would grant me a +15% accuracy bonus for 15 seconds and, after those 15 secs, the whole mechanism starts alall over again?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ATM T2 Undine on Tribble is a viable alternative to Nukara T4. Because Nukara T4 applies to base dmg. Fun fact: 10% all damge from Omega T2 is 10% flat.

I like Cryptics Consistency
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not sure how helpful that accuracy bonus will be to a beam boat. Since acc overflow doesn't work for any ability with an autohit stage (fire at will and torp spread for example) it makes it only useful during autoattacking. I will not be using it except during the 20 man fleet defense as you need the extra hit chance vs moving ships for FAW. Maybe PvP would be another option. I'll probably actually never use it myself. Don't over hype it as it's not that great.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    With the new limited-trait system, I don't see myself using any of the new passives. Way too situational and not powerful enough.

The CC resistance will be useful against the Undine, though, since they have that fluidic space rift (which basically functions like Gravity Well with EWP) as well as beam overloads that shove you around...
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not sure how helpful that accuracy bonus will be to a beam boat. Since acc overflow doesn't work for any ability with an autohit stage (fire at will and torp spread for example) it makes it only useful during autoattacking. I will not be using it except during the 20 man fleet defense as you need the extra hit chance vs moving ships for FAW. Maybe PvP would be another option. I'll probably actually never use it myself. Don't over hype it as it's not that great.

Acc overflow doesn't work for FAW and TS? Sure? Since when? Never realized that ... strange ... since on 10k channel, they suggested me to get the Accx2 AP fleet beams
    P58WJe7.jpg

• sardizasardiza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Acc overflow doesn't work for FAW and TS? Sure? Since when? Never realized that ... strange ... since on 10k channel, they suggested me to get the Accx2 AP fleet beams

Since about late last year when people started looking at FAW and crit rates not matching "on paper" (which was fixed I think), but then people noticed that ACC overflow wasn't applying to FAW either. Anyway, a search on "overflow" in this forum can take you to a couple of threads with maths and discussion. Might even be a dev paraphrase quote in there saying "accuraccy overflow is an archaic/outdated mechanic that needs overhauled".

If you PvP, I think people are still going to tell you to take the ACC weaps, and for a pure PvE FAW spammer I think the current suggestion is CritDs (taking the appropriate accuraccy skill).
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Out of the two, I'd prefer the ACC buff for PvP.

For PvE I wouldn't use either. Yes there's an overflow with Acc, but it isn't enough to make it worthwhile over the other passives.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited March 2014

It never has and like the other poster you can search the forums. Myself and a few others did extensive testing and came to that conclusion. Which was confirmed by the devs. I still don't know why they say to use accx2 AP fleet beams for pvp and pve. I'd go with the Crt D ones myself be it AP or Rom Plasma. Course if you PvP the accx2 ones makes way more sense. And if any STF has quite a bit of ship movement then accx2 is better in those situations as well.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    fatman592 wrote: »
    For PvP it'll pretty much be a prerequisite for fighting.

We already have [ACC]x3 weapons, +10% acc nukara console, and, in S9, more accuracy through the Undine set and reputation. At some point, the ACC is too much and CrtH has to be a better option.