test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with Oddy Build

robanskerobanske Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I would just like to get some opinions on my current Odyssey Tac Build. I try and maximize tanking and DPS.

My Build:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=tactankpveoddy_0
Post edited by robanske on

Comments

• Options
    fauxgreyfauxgrey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm sure it is very DPS-y. I much prefer a bit more of a healer class though, seeing as any ship does enough damage for PVE, someone should be the one to get at by every unimatrix in existence.

That is why this exists. (I do keep meaning to swap out EPTS1 for Eng Team)
    http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=fauxoddessy_0
    Only a fool seeks meaning from a bowl of oatmeal.
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    robanske wrote: »
    I would just like to get some opinions on my current Odyssey Tac Build. I try and maximize tanking and DPS.

My Build:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=tactankpveoddy_0

It's not bad at all, actually, though more DPS will require you to get FAW and APB on a shorter cycle.

If you get the extra active doff slot, you can run some Tac Team cooldown doffs as well, then run FAW1 instead of a second TT1. If you're willing to drop Engineering Team, you could also switch that to FAW1 for extra DPS. Torpedo Spread is nice, but if you cycle 2 each of APB and FAW, you'll probably get a little more average DPS. I have been running 6 beams + WAQT + KCB on my Fleet Sovereign, though, and the Torpedo Spread is pretty devastating when you manage to land it correctly.

There's no way to get Fleet Field Generators, so you'll have to make due with Emitter Arrays or Flow Capacitors (which ramp up Plasmonic Leech's power drain, and by extension the awarded power).

Elite Phasers are a bit weaker for maximized DPS, since they replace a [Dmg] modifier with a shield heal proc, and unlike Disruptors or Plasma (or Antiproton's CritD modifier), the Phaser proc does little for direct damage unless it happens to take enemy shields offline at the right time.
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd swap the torp for another beam array, then swap the second TT for FAW and TS for APB

Use 2 Conn officers for the TT cooldown.

/\
  • Options
    robanskerobanske Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's not bad at all, actually, though more DPS will require you to get FAW and APB on a shorter cycle.

If you get the extra active doff slot, you can run some Tac Team cooldown doffs as well, then run FAW1 instead of a second TT1. If you're willing to drop Engineering Team, you could also switch that to FAW1 for extra DPS. Torpedo Spread is nice, but if you cycle 2 each of APB and FAW, you'll probably get a little more average DPS. I have been running 6 beams + WAQT + KCB on my Fleet Sovereign, though, and the Torpedo Spread is pretty devastating when you manage to land it correctly.

There's no way to get Fleet Field Generators, so you'll have to make due with Emitter Arrays or Flow Capacitors (which ramp up Plasmonic Leech's power drain, and by extension the awarded power).

Elite Phasers are a bit weaker for maximized DPS, since they replace a [Dmg] modifier with a shield heal proc, and unlike Disruptors or Plasma (or Antiproton's CritD modifier), the Phaser proc does little for direct damage unless it happens to take enemy shields offline at the right time.

Wow I never thought of that bridge officer reshuffling concept with getting rid of the engineering team, thanks for that idea. Also, do you think Elite Phasers would be worth it for the healing proc?