test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 28, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.40.20140316a.12

General:
  • Borg Advance episodes:
    • Resolved an issue where the Fully Assimilated Undine was not appearing in “Assimilation”.
    • Resolved an issue in “Fluid Dynamics” with part 4, Dry At Last, not completing.
    • Resolved an issue in “A Gathering Darkness” where the ‘protect Cooper while overriding force’ field step was completing early.
  • The Reputation items for testing on Drozana station no longer break the captain’s expertise total.
    • If you have negative expertise because of testing the reputation system, please reimport your character from Holodeck.
  • Viscous Cycle:
    • Resolved an issue where Undine Larval ships were not counting for mission credit if killed in one shot.
    • Rescue Lost Gekli optional objective now has a waypoint.
    • Rift Anomaly option objective now has a waypoint.
  • Dyson Sphere Undine Battlezone:
    • Ships will no longer use the warp animation within the Dyson Sphere to get to the Undine Battlezone.
    • The mission, Fluidic Destruction, no longer has an errant waypoint to the Ground Battlezone.

Known Issues:
  • The new queued event, Undine Infiltration, is still a work in progress.
    • The rewards are still being adjusted.
    • The boss fight is in place but will have further tuning.
  • The Reputation Revamp and 8472 Counter-Command Reputation are both still a work in progress.
    • The UI and artwork for all of the 8472 Counter-Command Reputation has not been implemented.
  • The Dyson Sphere Undine Battlezone is still a work in progress.
  • The new Earth Space Dock is still a work in progress.
  • Viscous Cycle is still a work in progress.
  • The new queued event Undine Assault is still a work in progress.
  • The new Kit Revamp is still a work in progress.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fully Assimilated Undies? Oh dear.

Edit: Also, Undie Larval ships. Those might be even worse.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for putting in the fix for the missions so quickly. Amazing work there.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They did say the fix was going to come today.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Curious if the Assimilated Undine has a new look.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Curious if the Assimilated Undine has a new look.
    Probably, we'll have to wait to see after the server's opened up, at least.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    twam wrote: »

Edit: Also, Undie Larval ships. Those might be even worse.

Did you just call them Undies? I doubt they wear Fruit of the Loom twam. Let alone make Hanes with a third leg hole.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    zurganuszurganus Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Did you just call them Undies? I doubt they wear Fruit of the Loom twam. Let alone make Hanes with a third leg hole.

You know...now I have this odd feeling that this is going to become a thing...calling them Undies...:P
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've had an undie larval ship before. Man, that was embarrassing.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nice, look forward to all of this. Has the ground portion of SB 24 been fixed yet? If so will that be coming in with Season 9 :)?
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    twam wrote: »

So, we're fighting Seven of Nine's underwear?
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please consider adding some QOL changes to New Romulus Command

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1067191
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zurganus wrote: »
    You know...now I have this odd feeling that this is going to become a thing...calling them Undies...:P

Have to be careful, some of those Fully Assimilated Undies have a nasty streak...
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Have to be careful, some of those Fully Assimilated Undies have a nasty streak...
    i see what you did there...
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Okay, I'm gonna say this right here and right now:

If the only thing I need expertise in for the reputations is just to do the Rep XP gathering and it's not used for the items, then I will love you dearly and I will get ALL OF THEM. Nukara gear, Romulan gear, Dyson gear, ALL of them. That was the one thing I hated about the old gear was that it needed Expertise to get and now that it seems that it's not needed anymore: THANK YOU.

Expertise should be used for XP, not for items.

EDIT: I should clarify: my big fear with the non-device-gaining reps (Nukara and New Romulus) was that, instead of having devices, they were going to force us to use Expertise in its stead. That does not seem to be the case and I wholly welcome this fact. I think that'll help a LOT of Exp grinders.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've had an undie larval ship before. Man, that was embarrassing.

You had larval ships in your Undies?

Pic or it didnt happen
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This conversation can be taken in so many wrong ways. :eek:
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is "State of Q" ever going to return?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Romulan toons allied with the Feds still don't have the option to beam to SFA from the transporter room, or the option to shuttle to SFA from the shuttle bay console.

Also, the window looking out onto the central chamber with the Vesta and what not still changes to a wall when idle if you have post processing turned off.

Another thing, the Undine Rep hourly project requires 20 marks, but all the other reps require just 15 marks.
    Edit: Also, the hourly rep projects aren't actually rewarding any Rep XP.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any chance that the Fleet Mogai death animation will get fixed to the standard Romulan Singularity one? This has been broken forever.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    This conversation can be taken in so many wrong ways. :eek:

No,no. We are right in the middle of the "materia"
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Okay, got curious, unlocked Undine Tier I. Looks like we're gonna start getting 4-piece sets now: the ground set is comprised of Personal Shield - Phaser Weapon - Body Armor - Kit and the weapon set is Turret - Torpedo - 2 Consoles and of course what started with the Dyson: Shield - Engine - Deflector - Warp Core.

I got a LOT of grinding to do to get these gear, but the first Console, Hydrodynamics Compensator, gives you a MASSIVE boost in ship turning (+23.1% Flight Turn), adds +3 to Engine and Aux (which makes it good for Science Ships) and gives you a +17.4 in targeting. I'm certain this is to help you compensate for the fact that Fluidic Space knocks you around
  • Options
    zurganuszurganus Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Romulan toons allied with the Feds still don't have the option to beam to SFA from the transporter room, or the option to shuttle to SFA from the shuttle bay console.

Also, the window looking out onto the central chamber with the Vesta and what not still changes to a wall when idle if you have post processing turned off.

Another thing, the Undine Rep hourly project requires 20 marks, but all the other reps require just 15 marks.
    Edit: Also, the hourly rep projects aren't actually rewarding any Rep XP.

Thats because there are TWO hourly projects, one for dil, one for dil and xp.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Okay, got curious, unlocked Undine Tier I. Looks like we're gonna start getting 4-piece sets now: the ground set is comprised of Personal Shield - Phaser Weapon - Body Armor - Kit and the weapon set is Turret - Torpedo - 2 Consoles and of course what started with the Dyson: Shield - Engine - Deflector - Warp Core.

I got a LOT of grinding to do to get these gear, but the first Console, Hydrodynamics Compensator, gives you a MASSIVE boost in ship turning (+23.1% Flight Turn), adds +3 to Engine and Aux (which makes it good for Science Ships) and gives you a +17.4 in targeting. I'm certain this is to help you compensate for the fact that Fluidic Space knocks you around

And then we find out that the ship gear works in undies space only :D
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.40.20140316a.12

General:
    • Resolved an issue in “A Gathering Darkness” where the ‘protect Cooper while overriding force’ field step was completing early.

Do not forget to update "Dr. Cooper's" appearance in "Sphere of Influence" - there he still looks like the generic STO-male type 01.
  • Options
    jimtkirkjimtkirk Member Posts: 0
    edited March 2014
    I find it confusing that you keep telling people to re-copy their characters from holodeck to fix the revamped repution system.

May I ask, what happens when this hits holodeck and "breaks" the rep sytem there, people have nowhere to copy from on holodeck. I though thge purpose of testing was to fix what was breaking the system?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jimtkirk wrote: »
    I find it confusing that you keep telling people to re-copy their characters from holodeck to fix the revamped repution system.

May I ask, what happens when this hits holodeck and "breaks" the rep sytem there, people have nowhere to copy from on holodeck. I though thge purpose of testing was to fix what was breaking the system?

It's because when the patch from yesterday was dropped, there was an item you can use that would give you a bunch of Dil, EC and Expertise, but a bug screwed up and, when you got the Expertise, it would give you a negative number in the millions. They had reset the Rep there to 0 to see how it would ultimately work and it works pretty well, IMO.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    zurganus wrote: »
    Thats because there are TWO hourly projects, one for dil, one for dil and xp.

Ah yeah, sorry didn't notice the other one listed down below them all. Frankly, I'd prefer if the one's which reward Rep XP were listed at the top and the one for just Dil listed after it. I thought the initial plan was that the hourly one would reward XP the first 'handful of times' you ran it and then it would reward Dilithium instead...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jimtkirk wrote: »

It was breaking last patch because of a test console specific to Tribble, to get instant rep marks/points for testing the equipment and stuff. Since you won't have an instant console on Holodeck, it won' tbe there to break your character.

Also: Should I guess the fully assimilated undies are boxers or tighty whities? Since I haven't seen it asked. ^_^