test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kellicams

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Is there a chance we'll see Klingons use their native unit of measurement over the 'Earthly' kilometer? I believe 1 kellicam = 2 km. I think it's something that could be added to make the faction more immersive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Forgot about that little tidbit. Was it in TNG where they started using that?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Warmaker01 wrote: »
    Forgot about that little tidbit. Was it in TNG where they started using that?
    I think it was first used in "Star Trek III: Search For Spock".
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Was in ST V too if i recall.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    they used it on DS9 too. It would be pretty cool if we could see that in game.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    As far as games go too, didnt also Klingon Academy use Kellicam?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    As far as games go too, didnt also Klingon Academy use Kellicam?

Yes they did.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think it was first used in "Star Trek III: Search For Spock".
    Yes it was /salute Captain Kruge :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I seem to remember a Klingon mission mentioning kellicams... one of the new ones from Season 2, maybe?
  • Options
    nolaxonolaxo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm not enitely certain of this (I'll review the DVD when I'm at home tonight), but they may have used the word in the short Klingon bridge scene in Star Trek: The Motion Picture, as well. If true, this would give the word a 1978 or 1979 origin date, a full decade before TNG even premiered.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would like to share you a very subtle hint. :D

You just necro'ed a thread which has been under the ground for four years. (necro = posting in a thread which has been inactive for more than 30 days)
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nolaxo wrote: »
    I'm not enitely certain of this (I'll review the DVD when I'm at home tonight), but they may have used the word in the short Klingon bridge scene in Star Trek: The Motion Picture, as well. If true, this would give the word a 1978 or 1979 origin date, a full decade before TNG even premiered.

Exterminate the Necro! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!!!!

or KILL EEET WITH FARE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This thread is an ancient artifact (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it must now be put in the thread museum where it can be forgotten by everyone except thread archaeologists.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies or has been inactive for over 30 days before someone replied to it just report it and avoid posting in it.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to post in an existing active topic or to start a new thread on the topic if there are no active topics already.

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.