test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changing ship names?

kipardkipard Member Posts: 9 Arc User
I am having problems changing my ship names. I found the "rename" button but it is never highlighted. What am I doing wrong? I named my main ship after I purchased it but I would like to rename my shuttle. I used to be able to do that with no problems!?!?

Comments

• jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You have to visit a Ship Selector at a starbase to do it.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is no rename button on the screen at the selector anymore. To do it you click on the pen in the hand icon to the left of your ships' name.

I missed it myself until someone pointed it out, even though it was staring me in the face, but that's nothing new for me especially when writing up the shopping list.
  • kipardkipard Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Jeff,

Thank you for the quick reply. Yeah, I tried that too but still no luck? I am looking under the second from left button on the bottom. I think it is "Loadouts." I click on that and it has a "rename" icon. But it is never highlighted. Am I looking at the right thing?
  • kipardkipard Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    decronia

AHHHHH! It sounds like I am looking in the wrong area. Thank you. I will try that!
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kipard wrote: »
    AHHHHH! It sounds like I am looking in the wrong area. Thank you. I will try that!

Yep, it should work if you use the "Pen" icon next to your ship's name.

The Rename button for loadouts is to assign a name to your loadout when you're using more than one - for example, if you have one setup to fight the Borg, you could name it "Anti-Borg" or something like that.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.