test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space Set Visuals Request

orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
Any chance of turning the space set visuals into space costume unlocks similar to the ground costume unlocks? That way we can pick and choose the appearance we want, not matter which set we're using (like the ground sets).
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Post edited by orondis on

Comments

• Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That would be great but would require major changes to the ship tailor UI, I don't see that happening.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It would require the addition of 3 drop downs in the tailor. Engine Fx, Shield FX, Deflector Fx. Part acquisition could be tracked by something similar to the accolade system, or a simple bank/inventory check. If it's not going to interfere with ground pvp to display any armor/kit visuals to your opponent, it shouldn't interfere with space pvp.
  • Options
    thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    orondis wrote: »
    Any chance of turning the space set visuals into space costume unlocks similar to the ground costume unlocks? That way we can pick and choose the appearance we want, not matter which set we're using (like the ground sets).

Yes indeed, this would be a wonderful change. If not S9, then pencil it in for S10 or S11.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    I was just able to get confirmation that the removal of the "Disable Visuals" feature from the Context drop-down on Space Gear was unintended, and it will be restored in a future patch.

Attempting to add Costume Overlays to our Ship Tailor is a ... problematic endeavor. We've discussed it in the past, and it's not completely impossible. But the time investment is rather enormous due to all of the different moving parts involved. I wouldn't anticipate seeing such a feature any time soon, if ever.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    mathcubemathcube Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Would it be possible to get a quick button for disabling and enabling visuals for on ship gear like we had for ground gear? Items always default to being on every time I switch ships that share items, and knowing that I'm going to have to go through the context menu to turn off visuals for 4+ items is one of the things that causes me to pause before switching between ships (with the main argument against switching ships being that the loadout system does not work at all, but that is a separate issue).
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was just able to get confirmation that the removal of the "Disable Visuals" feature from the Context drop-down on Space Gear was unintended, and it will be restored in a future patch.

Any chance that the setting of this field can be saved with loadouts?
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Attempting to add Costume Overlays to our Ship Tailor is a ... problematic endeavor. We've discussed it in the past, and it's not completely impossible. But the time investment is rather enormous due to all of the different moving parts involved. I wouldn't anticipate seeing such a feature any time soon, if ever.

It bears mentioning that its a feature people would be willing to pay for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited March 2014

It would be ever so great if it could be worked out and done. Some ships don't have any skin options at all, and some skins are fantastic, but tied to shields you may not want to use.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    nebregnirnebregnir Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't help but think that visuals should be baked into the crafting process somehow. Make each item (shield or whatever) have a Visual Component. You can deconstruct the shield you got from the Omega STF reward and take that visual and slot it into a different shield.

Socketed visuals, basically.

Mind you, the crafting process would need revised, but that BADLY needs done anyway.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014

That information almost physically hurts to process. Either way, I'm personally hopeful it'll stay on the table for consideration, it's something that many of us would be very grateful for. In the meantime, thanks for addressing it outright. I'd rather have heard that from a dev than be forced to keep wondering aloud in unofficial threads and being disappointed whenever I saw a patch notes without it.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014

How about stealing the Aura system from Champs?

Instead of adding in the Auras they have to the tailor, they attached the auras to an item and gave that new item it's own slot. So when you equip an aura item, that aura then appears on your character.

http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1058101

Is that not similar to how space set visuals work? The visuals are attached to an item which only show up when equipped?

So...instead of having the visuals attached to the shield/deflector/engine item, you make a new item called, let's say "Materials" and give them their own equipment slot. So let's say I want the Dyson shield visual. I just open up my menu, equip the "Dyson Material" item into the "Material" slot and bam, space visual is now active.

Would something like that not circumvent the problems related to adding them to the tailor UI?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter