test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Better for PvP: Fed-Rom or KDF-Rom

mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Here's just a question for discussion: Which is better, a Fed-Rom, or a KDF-Rom?

We all know how stupidly-good Romulans are, but, because of the whole 'pick a side' nature that Cryptic forced them into, which is better?

But of course, while this refers to mostly a PvP and combat related, there are plenty of non-combat things each side has as well.

For some examples:

A Fed-Rom has the combat advantage of having greater access to cloak detection. A KDF or KDF-Rom can play a snooper build, but is inherently limited by the lack of more dedicated things that a Fed and Fed-Rom can get, in particular the tier 3 Nebula console.

On the other side, KDF and KDF-Roms have the advantage of natural synergy with each other, due to a vast majority of their total ships having cloaking on them. All Romulan warbirds, and all Klingon-designed ships have some form of cloak on them, thus no one is left exposed for the most part.

In terms of non-combat, one thing that Feds and Fed-Roms have over KDF and KDF-Roms is ease of fleets and DOFFs. For a Fed and Fed-Rom, there are a lot more higher tier Fed fleets out there, and a greater amount of DOFFs, making them cheaper to buy; compared to the fewer high tier KDF fleets, and lesser amount of more expensive DOFFs, which are otherwise equal to the exact same Fed DOFFs.

And plenty of other things I could go into. I'm curious what all of you might say. Honestly my vote would probably go for Fed-Roms.
I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
Post edited by mimey2 on

Comments

• Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since cowardly humons are afraid to queue for FvK I'd say Fed Rom is better...at least until they mix the queues.
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would say rom/kdf is better (elite disruptors), the only problem is the queue.. so if you want to pvp go for fed/rom
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    while the queue wait times might be solved over night soon(tm) with Red vs Blue queues, don't underestimate the considerable premium you need to pay for KDF doffs.

plasmonic leech is c-store only for kdf, and aceton assimilators are powerful for NWS farming. Eltite disruptors work and look a lot better then phasers.

yet no nebula console, no runabouts for kdf/rommies.
  • Options
    shanksboyshanksboy Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    Since cowardly humons are afraid to queue for FvK I'd say Fed Rom is better...at least until they mix the queues.

Thats why i aligned my romulan to fed side....basicaly because of the ques
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Elite Disruptors
    Plasmonic Leech
    Aceton Assimilators
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Queues
    DOFFs
    TDF
    ESD Zone Chat

Wait, what? There's more PvP in zone chat on ESD than on Qo'noS... ;)
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    From a pure mechanics standpoint, KDF-Rom.

Elite Fleet Disruptor Access
    Better Consoles that have not been made cross faction

The problem, is one of resources.

People to play with, fleet to get gear from, prices of DOFFs (like Marion).

If you can handle the resources and you already have a solid investment KDF side, then KDF Rom has a few unique advantages.

If you can't or are already heavily invested Fed side, then Fed is probably the better route.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    From a pure mechanics standpoint, KDF-Rom.

Elite Fleet Disruptor Access
    Better Consoles that have not been made cross faction

Do Elite Disruptors still...compare? Given other weapon choices out there? Sure, they're a better choice than Elite Phasers...but do they really figure into the equation?

edit: That's an actual question...btw. The um really below's an opinion, but the above's an actual question.

As for the "Better Consoles"...

Enhanced Induction Coils
    Shield Destabilizer
    Magnetometric Generator
    Barrier Field Generator

Aceton Assimilator

vs.

Grappler
    Resonance Cascade Modulator
    Enhanced Plasma Manifold
    Tachyon Detection Field

...um, really?